Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 05, 2022, 02:08:00 PM
It ends with me scoring 3-3 in the Derry Ladies Cship final this year. Watch this space 😎

Or the u13 boys. In tandem with me eldest. Wifey gona be so proud. Havent decided which one yet

You wish you'll score 3-3

Hopefully (insert gender here) showers on (again, insert gender) own after the game..

A good friend of mine his son has went genderless very recently, has had some recent mental health issues so hopefully doing what he's done will be a positive
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

The guy (I don't know his pronouns now so apologies to anyone if the individual in question has been misgendered) didn't score and appeared only as a blood sub is my understanding.

The trans/self-identification in women's sport issue is serious enough without people needing to embellish it, as that only gives fuel to those who claim that anyone who has an issue with transwomen or female identifying men in women's sport are transphobes or homophobes.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 05, 2022, 02:49:59 PM
It ends with me scoring 3-3 in the Derry Ladies Cship final this year. Watch this space 😎

Or the u13 boys. In tandem with me eldest. Wifey gona be so proud. Havent decided which one yet

Hopefully (insert gender here) showers on (again, insert gender) own after the game..

A good friend of mine his son has went genderless very recently, has had some recent mental health issues so hopefully doing what he's done will be a positive
A lot of the kids processed in the Tavistock were either autistic or gay.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on August 05, 2022, 03:17:18 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 05, 2022, 02:49:59 PM

A lot of the kids processed in the Tavistock were either autistic or gay.

Interesting...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Apparently one of these bike rental operations in Dublin decided that it would be funny to give their bikes female names.
Not surprisingly, this policy did not meet with universal approval and has been changed to just a boring old number.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Snapchap on August 08, 2022, 01:49:19 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on August 05, 2022, 03:22:45 PM
Quote from: clarshack on August 05, 2022, 12:57:10 PM
hopefully this isn't true?

https://twitter.com/jfk2005/status/1555213191684268034
The woke generation knows no bounds

Tweet seems to have been removed...what was it?
Basically a fella played in a ladies football final and scored 2-9, for a club that allows men to play on the womens team and vice versa. Madness

imtommygunn

From the Bunker

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 08, 2022, 02:34:28 PM
Is the 2-9 thing not a myth?

Don't know but the final score of the game was.......

Na Gaeil Aeracha 7-11

Na Fianna E 1-05

This situation has been dealt with badly and should never have been allowed to happen.

There has been a lot of disrespectful stuff written about the poor guy/girl!

Na Gaeil Aeracha in the main are a positive club for a group of people that are often isolated community from team sport.

seafoid

The ref told the na Gaeil Aeracha captain that the number 21 was a man and that na Fianna could appeal the result.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

marty34

Quote from: seafoid on August 08, 2022, 03:13:00 PM
The ref told the na Gaeil Aeracha captain that the number 21 was a man and that na Fianna could appeal the result.

Very hard on the referee on what to do and say in this situation.

Hound

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 08, 2022, 02:34:28 PM
Is the 2-9 thing not a myth?
Yes, a mis-truth told on social media that gathered wings. The individual scored 0-0. And the controversy/rage stoked further by many people believing 'junior' means 'young'!

I haven't seen a Junior J shield match to judge the level and how competitive it is versus social, but it is the lowest level of ladies football in Dublin, and I believe Na Fianna 'E' were aware of the situation and did not object. 

Of course, if it was a senior championship final and one team had a player who used to play men's adult football, then I would have a problem - albeit I don't think any senior team would do that, and for sure the opposition would object, so it's a bit hypothetical- but it is an issue all women's sport will have to grapple with and legislate accordingly. Personally I think it's probably something that should only be allowed at a social level and not at competitive level, but I have sympathy for those involved.

Captain Obvious

Milltown Row2