Commonwealth Games

Started by Eamonnca1, August 02, 2022, 11:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiempo

Quote from: gallsman on August 04, 2022, 10:25:15 PM
Ah, the chuckie purity test raises its head again. She's running a race ffs, nothing more.

She's from Portaferry btw, I'm fairly sure.

Like Israel in the Eurovision, sure they're just singing a song

imtommygunn

Mageean on at 1115 in the heats.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tiempo on August 05, 2022, 09:07:06 AM
Ah, the chuckie purity test raises its head again. She's running a race ffs, nothing more.

Israel? So lets hit sports people ffs, Where does it end? Should we stop sports people or protest against every country that's doing wrong? That's a very big list or do you just prioritize some countries and its sports people?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 04, 2022, 10:32:39 PM

Near Ciara Mageean? That's fairly special.

It's a special place indeed.   ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 05, 2022, 10:34:54 AM
I was there just last week. There are certainly worse places in the world. Many of which are fairly close by.

Ards and Millisle .. lovely spots :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 05, 2022, 10:37:19 AM
Portavogie can't be left off the list.....

Great fishing area to be fair

tiempo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 05, 2022, 10:03:12 AM

Israel? So lets hit sports people ffs, Where does it end? Should we stop sports people or protest against every country that's doing wrong? That's a very big list or do you just prioritize some countries and its sports people?

Russia has been sanctioned for their aggression against Ukraine

I guess it ends when the war pigs quit their crusades, so basically never

The hierarchy as it stands is an inverted pyramid of piffle, hard not to be a cynic with Qatar hosting the world cup

The British commonwealth by definition was not a commonwealth, it was resource theft, transfer of wealth and subjugation

Just worth keeping this stuff in context, it every bit as relevant to the discussion as the events themselves, no issue with anyone competing or celebrating or watching or sneering, but for the reasons above it wouldn't be my cup of tea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 05, 2022, 10:36:11 AM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 05, 2022, 10:34:54 AM
I was there just last week. There are certainly worse places in the world. Many of which are fairly close by.

Ards and Millisle .. lovely spots :o

Have you not got a caravan down there?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tiempo on August 05, 2022, 10:40:34 AM

The hierarchy as it stands is an inverted pyramid of piffle, hard not to be a cynic with Qatar hosting the world cup

The British commonwealth by definition was not a commonwealth, it was resource theft, transfer of wealth and subjugation

Just worth keeping this stuff in context, it every bit as relevant to the discussion as the events themselves, no issue with anyone competing or celebrating or watching or sneering, but for the reasons above it wouldn't be my cup of tea

As I said its a very big list if we really look into what countries are doing, but we aint not getting goods from them or protesting against them.

Russia
China
Saudi
multiple African countries, Sudan, Nigeria, Yemen, Congo south Sudan,
USA
Britain
Syria
Myanmar
Iraq
Afghanistan
North Korea

There is I'm sure more countries than that so why be more concerned over one and not the rest?

imtommygunn

Ffs anyone interested in talking about athletics? I missed the race did mageean qualify? I can't find results.

Estimator

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 05, 2022, 11:33:04 AM
Ffs anyone interested in talking about athletics? I missed the race did mageean qualify? I can't find results.

Finished first in her heat in 4m13secs.
Automatic qualification for the Sundays final.
Ulster League Champions 2009

tiempo

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 05, 2022, 11:33:04 AM

Not really, there's also scope for a wider discussion, good luck to all participants

imtommygunn

Mageean through to a final.

johnnycool

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 05, 2022, 10:51:14 AM
Quote from: tiempo on August 05, 2022, 10:40:34 AM

As I said its a very big list if we really look into what countries are doing, but we aint not getting goods from them or protesting against them.

Russia
China
Saudi
multiple African countries, Sudan, Nigeria, Yemen, Congo south Sudan,
USA
Britain
Syria
Myanmar
Iraq
Afghanistan
North Korea

There is I'm sure more countries than that so why be more concerned over one and not the rest?

Don't mind any of them invading us except the brits