Commonwealth Games

Started by Eamonnca1, August 02, 2022, 11:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: screenexile on August 04, 2022, 01:45:02 PM
If Nationalists want to represent NI at the Commonwealth Games let them at it I say. Who is Fear or anyone else that matter to dictate what "nationalist" means?

It's not a zero sum game as can be seen from the polls in NI, the sectarian divide has become more of a spectrum and just because someone represents NI in sport doesn't stop them voting for SF or wanting a United Ireland no matter how much Fear seems to want that to be the case!

Or going to Westminster I presume based on that logic. Hi I am happy for people wave their wee shitty crown flags, meet the queen ,pay homage to the old slave masters, recognise NI as an independent country within the commonwealth, carry the queens baton etc.

Its just not for me. Im Irish you see, not northern irish

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 04, 2022, 02:10:33 PM
If Nationalists want to represent NI at the Commonwealth Games let them at it I say. Who is Fear or anyone else that matter to dictate what "nationalist" means?

It's not a zero sum game as can be seen from the polls in NI, the sectarian divide has become more of a spectrum and just because someone represents NI in sport doesn't stop them voting for SF or wanting a United Ireland no matter how much Fear seems to want that to be the case!

Or going to Westminster I presume based on that logic. Hi I am happy for people wave their wee shitty crown flags, meet the queen ,pay homage to the old slave masters, recognise NI as an independent country within the commonwealth, carry the queens baton etc.

Enough about Eastwood please
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 04, 2022, 02:17:01 PM

Enough about Eastwood please

Naw leave it to Hargey sure

johnnycool

I struggle with the entity that is deemed Northern Ireland myself, I've no grá for it, but if others do want to compete in the Empire games for the betterment of their career then I'd say fire away.

I'll be cheering on Ciara Mageean this weekend but if she does get on the rostrum and they fly that "Ulster Banner" that was discarded in 1972 then I'm going to wind her Da and uncle up something awful.  ;D

bennydorano

Great ride by Darren Rafferty in the Time trial, Top 10 is some achievement for him and a lot more to come from that fella. Watched him win the PJ Logan Cup race out near Coalisland  only last year or the year b4.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: johnnycool on August 04, 2022, 04:11:19 PM

I struggle with the entity that is deemed Northern Ireland myself, I've no grá for it, but if others do want to compete in the Empire games for the betterment of their career then I'd say fire away.

I'll be cheering on Ciara Mageean this weekend but if she does get on the rostrum and they fly that "Ulster Banner" that was discarded in 1972 then I'm going to wind her Da and uncle up something awful.  ;D

Great hurler , and nice girl

Although it will b the Ulster banner

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/people/bbc-issues-apology-over-omission-of-northern-ireland-flag-from-commonwealth-games-coverage-3788363

markl121

Seen the Kate O'Connor girl running about with an ulster banner. Doing a rory mcilroy

Milltown Row2

Quote from: markl121 on August 04, 2022, 05:54:29 PM
Seen the Kate O'Connor girl running about with an ulster banner. Doing a rory mcilroy

Seems comfortable with both

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

markl121

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 04, 2022, 06:00:42 PM

Aye I assumed because of her name she would be more a tricolour woman. I don't think I could bring myself to run about with the other regardless of who I'm representing

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: markl121 on August 04, 2022, 08:02:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 04, 2022, 06:00:42 PM

Aye I assumed because of her name she would be more a tricolour woman. I don't think I could bring myself to run about with the other regardless of who I'm representing

Same. She Probably marked northern Irish on census

Milltown Row2

Thought she lives Dundalk born Newry

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

markl121

gallsman

Ah, the chuckie purity test raises its head again. She's running a race ffs, nothing more.

She's from Portaferry btw, I'm fairly sure.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 04, 2022, 10:32:39 PM
Quote from: gallsman on August 04, 2022, 10:25:15 PM
Ah, the chuckie purity test raises its head again. She's running a race ffs, nothing more.

She's from Portaferry btw, I'm fairly sure.
Near Ciara Mageean? That's fairly special.

;D