The next recession

Started by seafoid, February 22, 2022, 06:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Any word on a squeeze being put on OPEC to get the f**king finger out?

johnnycool

Quote from: bennydorano on March 03, 2022, 05:40:48 PM
Any word on a squeeze being put on OPEC to get the f**king finger out?

Keep working from home people..

Less diesel required when you're not commuting

clarshack

Quote from: clarshack on February 25, 2022, 11:30:13 AM
Quote from: Solo_run on February 24, 2022, 02:32:38 PM
Quote from: clarshack on February 24, 2022, 01:22:25 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 24, 2022, 01:15:12 PM
Oil is going through the roof . Highest price since 2011 I believe

and going to get worse. it's bad enough now but you'd really fear for a lot of people next winter.

Sky News - A market analysis has predicted energy bills reaching £3000+ a year

ordered 1000 litres of oil 3 weeks ago and it cost £572. just checked today and 1000 litres is now £682.
18 months ago it would have been less than £280.

1000 litres now costing £945. Thank fcuk I filled up when I did.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clarshack on March 03, 2022, 08:10:38 PM

and going to get worse. it's bad enough now but you'd really fear for a lot of people next winter.

ordered 1000 litres of oil 3 weeks ago and it cost £572. just checked today and 1000 litres is now £682.

Was £435 for 500L today, so someone is taking the piss, are they buying it in at that rate or have they millions of litres bought at a cheaper price and ripping off customers?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 03, 2022, 08:16:44 PM
Was £435 for 500L today, so someone is taking the piss, are they buying it in at that rate or have they millions of litres bought at a cheaper price and ripping off customers?

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 03, 2022, 08:16:44 PM
Quote from: clarshack on March 03, 2022, 08:10:38 PM

The latter

Taylor

Retailers are screwing over their customers in every possible aspect.

If the price of a barrel of oil rockets today then retailers bump up their price immediately - the stock they have wasnt the higher price but its a chance to fleece their customers.

Its not as if they drop the retail price immediately when prices come down.

Its a bit like when Covid hit - people were encouraged to go on a Staycation - spend money in the country - yet the hoteliers bumped their prices to screw the people.

All a bunch of c***ts

armaghniac

I think the previous post betrays a lack of familiarity with market forces.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on March 04, 2022, 09:02:27 AM

Yeah I can get that, but if I buy a million barrels of oil at a certain price I'm still making money if I just selling it at the price agreed, in fact I'll have more people coming to my pumps, once it runs out then yes put the prices up to cover the costs.

Its not like they have to ship it in, they have bought it and have had it received at their hold stations. other that the cost of the fuel to deliver it to their petrol stations they are not out that much.

Obviously there are other things to consider but to the ordinary Joe on the street it smells of greed
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Taylor

Quote from: armaghniac on March 04, 2022, 09:02:27 AM

Ah the old chestnut.

Market forces or not - the retailer has chosen to charge the public a price which does not reflect the price they paid for their product.

Most sales business' who deal with consumers operate on a 'fair & reasonable profit margin' - what has this got to do with market forces?

Are these the same market forces that made hoteliers rip the arse out of consumers last year?

Or perhaps you are trying to link this to supply & demand?

Hereiam

Problem is that there is no where to store massive quantities of oil at the docks in either Belfast or Derry so this makes the price fluctuate more than in say England.
I got red diesel for the farm last night after waiting a week on it and in that time it had went up £40, oil man was explaining that a ship load of oil could be bought and sold up to 6 times before its even pumped off the tanker at the docks.

The government says the average energy cost for households could be 3k/year which at this moment looks to be a minimum. We are in for a rough ride, if Putin is going down he's sure as hell gona make the majority of us a bit poorer.

clarshack

Quote from: Taylor on March 04, 2022, 07:54:41 AM

If the price of a barrel of oil rockets today then retailers bump up their price immediately - the stock they have wasnt the higher price but its a chance to fleece their customers.

Its a bit like when Covid hit - people were encouraged to go on a Staycation - spend money in the country - yet the hoteliers bumped their prices to screw the people.

All a bunch of c***ts

https://twitter.com/eamo976/status/1499440994399444993?s=20&t=Nf2PU68RYELVzecuT3lurQ

Average Score

Quote from: Taylor on March 04, 2022, 07:54:41 AM

All a bunch of c***ts

The past two years have shown most folk are a bunch of c***ts.

seafoid

Oil up to $118.
Russia sanctions are contributing to inflation.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Hereiam

At what point does the government step in and cut the tax rate on fuel, this is not going down anytime soon as its not really to do with supply but more to do with the markets.