Boris Johnson

Started by imtommygunn, January 19, 2022, 09:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Reflects bad on Labour that the 3 UK prime ministers (assuming Truss does win) are all from the Conservative Party.

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 01, 2022, 03:11:17 PM
It is in the bag. Talk of Sunak potentially pulling out.

We're all doomed. Honestly she is an awful choice and there will be things happen on her watch that are not going to be good.

The tory donors run the tory party and they basically run the UK. All these people are is just figureheads.

Some of what they are trying to do gets turned down in the Lords(e.g. they reckon the NI protocol amendments will) and the reckoning is Johnson's last hurrah will be to get enough cronies in there that this won't happen any more. The house of lords is a joke but at least it did something. It would be ok for it to go but for this.
Truss might last a year. the economy is really weak. Cutting taxes will drive inflation higher, hurting Sun readers.
It's hard to see the UK surviving in one piece. The plutocrats don't care about anyone else.

johnnycool

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 01, 2022, 03:49:15 PM
Reflects bad on Labour that the 3 UK prime ministers (assuming Truss does win) are all from the Conservative Party.

Corbyn was cobbled from the get go, the only election in that timeframe.

He probably went too left wing, but he didn't have full support within his own party and he was on the receiving end of a constant barrage of lies from client media and to really put the tin hat on it, his base was pro brexit whereas he and Labour were a bit indecisive on it to say the least.

Will Starmer fare any better in two years time will depend on how big of a mess Truss leaves in the meantime.

johnnycool

Quote from: seafoid on August 01, 2022, 04:14:18 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 01, 2022, 03:11:17 PM
It is in the bag. Talk of Sunak potentially pulling out.

We're all doomed. Honestly she is an awful choice and there will be things happen on her watch that are not going to be good.

The tory donors run the tory party and they basically run the UK. All these people are is just figureheads.

Some of what they are trying to do gets turned down in the Lords(e.g. they reckon the NI protocol amendments will) and the reckoning is Johnson's last hurrah will be to get enough cronies in there that this won't happen any more. The house of lords is a joke but at least it did something. It would be ok for it to go but for this.
Truss might last a year. the economy is really weak. Cutting taxes will drive inflation higher, hurting Sun readers.
It's hard to see the UK surviving in one piece. The plutocrats don't care about anyone else.

Sun readers will be told it's Putin and the EU's fault whilst the owner counts his vast, untaxed profits in an off-shore island somewhere.

seafoid

Quote from: johnnycool on August 01, 2022, 04:20:10 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 01, 2022, 03:49:15 PM

Corbyn was cobbled from the get go, the only election in that timeframe.

He probably went too left wing, but he didn't have full support within his own party and he was on the receiving end of a constant barrage of lies from client media and to really put the tin hat on it, his base was pro brexit whereas he and Labour were a bit indecisive on it to say the least.

Will Starmer fare any better in two years time will depend on how big of a mess Truss leaves in the meantime.
Starmer is a neoliberal and pro Israel so he won't get many psy ops . He has a good chance of winning but won't change anything.

imtommygunn

I am not convinced Starmer will be there in 2 years.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 01, 2022, 04:33:19 PM

I was kinda hoping the Yorkshire cops did fine him TBH..

I can't warm to him.

seafoid

He is purging a lot of lefties. On the other hand how will they get lefties to vote Labour ?

bennydorano

Quote from: johnnycool on August 01, 2022, 04:35:24 PM

I can't warm to him.
And who would you want to replace him? At least he stands a chance in a GE as he's relatively Centrist. The corbynista brand of Politics is toxic in the UK.

imtommygunn

I can't warm to him.

Yeah I was kind of thinking it could be a blessing in disguise.

Tbh it's hard to know what he stands for - I don't think he'd be that hard to replace. I don't know enough of the labour party but there has to be an option in there.

tiempo

I can't warm to him.

Starmer is a plant, same way MI5 infiltrated the mineworkers union, he's a lame duck hence the establishment haven't gone after him

pbat

Quote from: bennydorano on August 01, 2022, 04:41:06 PM

I can't warm to him.
And who would you want to replace him? At least he stands a chance in a GE as he's relatively Centrist. The corbynista brand of Politics is toxic in the UK.

Andy Burnham be a good shout

APM

Quote from: seafoid on August 01, 2022, 04:36:52 PM
He is purging a lot of lefties. On the other hand how will they get lefties to vote Labour ?

Labour had to do this under Kinnock.  Appeasing the hard left will not get them elected - a lot of the Labour party activists it seems would be content to have their principles even if it mean permanent opposition to an increasingly strident and extremist Tory party.  It still took another 10 years after the 1987 General Election before Labour got in again. 

tiempo

I can't warm to him.

Corbyn was eviscerated by the establishment/media as he posed a threat to their ongoing carve up of Britain's wealth

Corbyn did very well in his first GE under a constant media storm, that was amped up to blitzkrieg levels thereafter

Corbyn's message was no different to Mick Lynch, actual levelling up, this is anathema to the cartel

bennydorano

Quote from: pbat on August 01, 2022, 04:48:40 PM

I can't warm to him.

Andy Burnham be a good shout
He's not an MP at the minute. Currently mayor of Manchester (trying to do a Boris in London), he's known as a bit of a political opportunist so fair chance he'll be back at some point. Sadiq Khan, current London Mayor, has eyes on it too longterm I'd imagine.