Who’s Been Cancelled??

Started by screenexile, June 20, 2020, 11:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

They are after Justin Bieber now, is nothing sacred anymore?

RedHand88

Dejan Lovren has been liking Trump tweets. They've officially cancelled him. Allison a fan of Bolsonaro too by all accounts, but I dont think hes cancelled yet.

MoChara

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 22, 2020, 02:07:58 PM
Trawling through historical tweets and comments, trying to get people cancelled, really makes the "liberal left" look terribly petty and vindictive.Trump supporters feed off this crap. Deal with the big picture and educate people, rather than being an online loser trying to get someone's livelihood removed.

How do you get to feel righteous and self-important then?

gallsman

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 22, 2020, 12:42:50 PM
Quote from: gallsman on June 22, 2020, 12:33:38 PM
CrossFit guy resigned/was forced out a few weeks ago after it emerged he's a racist p***k. Hundreds of affiliated gyms worldwide left them and Reebok pulled their global sponsorship. Now this new stuff over the weekend. I wouldn't consider it him getting cancelled rather than getting his just desserts.

He still owns the company.

He owns it but was forced to resign from any sort of executive role.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: gallsman on June 22, 2020, 03:14:05 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 22, 2020, 12:42:50 PM
Quote from: gallsman on June 22, 2020, 12:33:38 PM
CrossFit guy resigned/was forced out a few weeks ago after it emerged he's a racist p***k. Hundreds of affiliated gyms worldwide left them and Reebok pulled their global sponsorship. Now this new stuff over the weekend. I wouldn't consider it him getting cancelled rather than getting his just desserts.

He still owns the company.

He owns it but was forced to resign from any sort of executive role.

Not really helped in any way though, quite a few of the bigger names are still refusing to take part in the games upcoming until he's gone completely - including Emma McQuaid.

J70

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 22, 2020, 02:17:28 PM
Dejan Lovren has been liking Trump tweets. They've officially cancelled him. Allison a fan of Bolsonaro too by all accounts, but I dont think hes cancelled yet.

Lovren is a bit of an idiot judging by the political stuff he publicly endorses.

From what I read about Allison, supposedly he said that he was willing to give Bolsonaro a chance after the leftists having been in charge.

"I believe that people preach a lot of freedom of speech, but they don't know how to respect the opinion of others. We have lived years where the left-wing has economically sunk the country. They did good things, they mainly helped the poorest, but what was the goal? What they did badly was much more serious than the positive things. You don't have to put it on a scale. He did something wrong, he stole, but he helped so-and-so, the poor. It's not like this.

"I see people who didn't vote for Bolsonaro hoping he does something wrong to be right. It's not a question of being right. If he's a good president, it will be good for everyone, even those who didn't vote for him. I hope that the changes that have happened are for the good of Brazil and that I can continue my journey in the national team and bring joy to people through football, which has always been an escape for our country."

That said, Allison is still only 27. Personally I was just starting to get interested in politics at that point. I would presume, if he is as open-minded as he suggests in this quote, that he will equally see the negative effects of what Bolsonaro is doing, just like he did with the previous government, even as he acknowledged they tried to help the poor.

Milltown Row2

When players sign a contract it should also bar them from having social media. Period!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 22, 2020, 05:45:01 PM
When players sign a contract it should also bar them from having social media. Period!

Would never work the profile of a Premier League player would mean that they need Social media for their endorsements and sponsorship.

They should be banned from posting anything of their own without being accompanied by a PR firm although they can land plenty of people in the shit as well!!

Main Street

Ulster says no.... to players on social media!!!

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: screenexile on June 22, 2020, 05:51:16 PM

Would never work the profile of a Premier League player would mean that they need Social media for their endorsements and sponsorship.

They should be banned from posting anything of their own without being accompanied by a PR firm although they can land plenty of people in the shit as well!!
So much for free speech ;D

Milltown Row2

I know it's impossible but as you said these things need to go through a PR savvy manager!

Like who really gives a f**k what they say? I'm not on Twitter, we'll that's not totally true I'm on it get scores in GAA and such.

I personally don't get it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TheOptimist

So what is going on with  #irishcomedy. Came across it on Twitter but cant make head nor tail?

MoChara

Some fella Davey Reilly books for a big comedy club in dublin was sending messages to a female comedian, Google his name and you'll get it

screenexile

[quote ;D author=Milltown Row2 link=topic=29681.msg1978302#msg1978302 date=1592849240]

I know it's impossible but as you said these things need to go through a PR savvy manager!

Like who really gives a f**k what they say? I'm not on Twitter, we'll that's not totally true I'm on it get scores in GAA and such.

I personally don't get it
[/quote]

Still one of the best comedy bits ever done!!

https://youtu.be/Mo-ddYhXAZc

Gmac

John Wayne airport to be renamed.