Shamrock Rovers Ultras

Started by 15 Johnny Blues, April 04, 2007, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublinfella

Quote from: deiseach on May 13, 2007, 11:13:36 AM
Quote from: dublinfella on May 13, 2007, 04:27:39 AM
if you think that there are no GAA facilities that got 95% funding you are on a different planet.

I think there are no GAA facilities that got 95% funding. I'm willing to be corrected on that matter.

Pearse Stadium.

dublinfella

Quote from: his holiness nb on May 13, 2007, 11:35:37 AM
Ok, an insult to the handicapped which you are called up on, then say you were right in your comments, then call a guy a moron and defend it by saying its a medical term (unbelievable!) , then say "there are legions of mongs on here who refuse to listen to the facts of the case"

Mods, in fairness, its one thing to argue your case, but this guy is throwing names at ANYONE who disagrees with his points.

You made a seperate thread about posting standards, this guy is taking the biscuit!

im saying that if people are still parroting the 'free' stadium line they are either a: lying or b: have a serious problem with acquiring knowledge. ie a moron. its not about disagreeing, its about the fact that certain posters are repeating this innaccurate line to the point where tts a legitiamate question as to how they can operate a computer.

there is a level of immaturity on this site that is unheard of on other GAA forums, especially on this issue. compare and contrast the discussion on this topic and any other one thats controversial with an fearr rua, hogan stand etc. the debate there has evolved and moved on. the debate here is still trotting out the same cliched andti-soccer shite thats only seen in this internet bubble.

Rossfan

Quote from: dublinfella on May 12, 2007, 08:08:03 PM
[
the old SR put in 2m, the new 100k. either way they arent getting a 'free' stadium and have put in a great deal more than TD have offered. no-one outside this internet bubble is claiming Rovers are getting a free ground. its pathetic that even when TD arent trying that line there are legions of mongs on here who refuse to listen to the facts of the case.

For ***** sake the "old Rovers " got a grant of either €1.5 or €1.9m off the Govt. They then charged the South Dublin Council €1.5m to give them back the lease OF THE COUNCIL'S OWN LAND !!!!!.
Now the Council/Govt want to build a Stadium at the public purse's expense which the Shambeggars will walk into !!!
To whom did the "new SH Rovers" give 100 k???
It was hardly to the Council was it seeing as they had to pay the various design people(Architects/Engineers/Q Surveyors a load of arrears they were due from the "old Rovers"
If it is true that
-the GAA(Dublin Co Board) offered to complete the Stadium at no cost to the Council
-but the Council refused and
-would prefer to spend a total of €11m building a Free Soccer Stadium for
-a professional soccer club that sold its own ground 20 years ago and
-couldnt make use of the free site but charged 1.5m to give it back
   Is it not time the Government's Auditor and Comptroller General was called in to investigate.
Or perhaps to save all the GAA people on this board(i e everyone except DF and hoop) from further annoyance maybe the Admin could close this subject.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

hoop

Quote from: Rossfan on May 13, 2007, 06:49:05 PM
If it is true that
-the GAA(Dublin Co Board) offered to complete the Stadium at no cost to the Council
-a professional soccer club that sold its own ground 20 years ago and
-couldnt make use of the free site but charged 1.5m to give it back
   Is it not time the Government's Auditor and Comptroller General was called in to investigate.
Or perhaps to save all the GAA people on this board(i e everyone except DF and hoop) from further annoyance maybe the Admin could close this subject.

First of all spout a load of lies and bullshit..... and then request that the thread be closed down.

That just about sums up this thread so far.

Well done.

dublinfella

Quote from: Rossfan on May 13, 2007, 06:49:05 PM

If it is true that

absouletly untrue. you should be able to provide a link to that..... but you cant because its a barefaced lie. the GAA have never offered the council a penny. and well you know it.

and its an extra €11m if TD get their way in terms of the extra work etc.

deiseach

Quote from: dublinfella on May 13, 2007, 01:53:01 PM
Pearse Stadium.

The one in Galway? I can't find anything online to substantiate that. Plenty of articles though about the likes of Bryan Adams and Bob Dylan being employed to help reduce the debt

hoop

from www.shamrockrovers.ie -

Court Update - 12 May 2007
Rovers were in the High Court at yesterdays continuation of the judicial review. South Dublin County Council requested an adjournment as Cumann Tomas Daibhis had not provided their trustee's details as they had agreed to do on the judges request at the previous hearing. CTD agreed to the adjournment. The court directed that CTD have to provide these details for the next hearing on June 8th.

Absolutely pathetic. All huff, puff, bluster, arrogance and indignation - but totally unwilling to follow the rules of the Judicial Review that they themselves have instigated.

Oh sorry - I forgot - it's the GAA. They make up their own rules, don't they???

his holiness nb

Quote from: hoop on May 13, 2007, 07:16:13 PM
[You got banned for pretending to be a neutral bystander. Trouble was - after about three posts, everyone knew that you were a blatant hard-line GAA apologist.

Try harder.

Oh do you mean like when Dublinfella came on here first saying he was a GAA man and not a Rovers fan?
Ask me holy bollix

Bensars

Quote from: hoop on May 13, 2007, 11:40:48 PM

Rovers were in the High Court at yesterdays continuation of the judicial review. South Dublin County Council requested an adjournment as Cumann Tomas Daibhis had not provided their trustee's details as they had agreed to do on the judges request at the previous hearing. CTD agreed to the adjournment. The court directed that CTD have to provide these details for the next hearing on June 8th.

Absolutely pathetic. All huff, puff, bluster, arrogance and indignation - but totally unwilling to follow the rules of the Judicial Review that they themselves have instigated.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D    Oh how i laughed !!.   Hoop theres a certain element of desperation creeping in on the SR side. Think you boys are getting a wee bit nervous.

As i said earlier, i await the day when you freeloaders get nothing and this all blows up in your face.....

blast05

Quoteany change of government will have lifelong Rovers fan Rabbit as Tainiste

A man bred, born and reared in Mayo is a lifelong Rovers fan ?? Mayo GAA definitely but if a fan of Rovers too it hasn't been lifelong.

his holiness nb

Just had a quick look on the Rovers Ultras forum, theres a thread about a game versus Drogheda called "Rovers V Whingers"
In this thread there are several more comments like "whingy cnuts" directed at Drogheda because of their complaints when the Rovers fans (plural) mocked the Drogheda player over his wife dying of cancer.
Nasty bastards.

Out of interest I registered on the Rovers forum and posted 3 times this morning.
Post 1) The GAA were referred to as wankers and I posted to say that that sort of talk does them no favours in the publics eyes, saying several Rovers fans were posting on GAA sites calling names as mocking the handicapped etc and its just not on.
Post 2) I asked why the Ultas thread was locked, even when you register.
Post 3) In the "whingers" thread I posted "can you tell me why you refer to Drogheda as whingers? serious question"

Less that 2 minutes after the third post I have been banned for life!!!!  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Hoop, Dublinfella, maybe you freinds can enlighten me as to why I was banned?
Its funny how ye keep saying how blinkered we are on this site yet you are continually allowed to spout abuse yet our "tolerant" freinds at Rovers ban me for the above!

Seriously, why was I banned?????
Ask me holy bollix

his holiness nb

Incidentally I see they gave a very valid reason for the banning, this is copied and pasted from their site....

"You have been banned for the following reason:
None

Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

:o

Ask me holy bollix

hoop

Quote from: his holiness nb on May 14, 2007, 09:56:27 AM
Seriously, why was I banned?????

Probably because you were preaching and asking extremely stupid questions with the intention of getting banned so that you could prove some point.

dublinfella

Quote from: Bensars on May 14, 2007, 09:42:13 AM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D    Oh how i laughed !!.   Hoop theres a certain element of desperation creeping in on the SR side. Think you boys are getting a wee bit nervous.

As i said earlier, i await the day when you freeloaders get nothing and this all blows up in your face.....

Im mystified as to how TD not being able to get anyone to go guarentor is 'desperation' on Rovers part. I'd be interested to see you expand that thesis.

Holiness, I assume that the Rovers Ultras site is for, well Rovers Ultras. a lot more specific in its audience than a GAA board. I presume they allow fans of their club to post and well behaved guests. More like reservoir dubs than gaaboard.

resdubwhite

Quote from: dublinfella on May 14, 2007, 12:57:09 PM
Quote from: Bensars on May 14, 2007, 09:42:13 AM

Im mystified as to how TD not being able to get anyone to go guarentor is 'desperation' on Rovers part. I'd be interested to see you expand that thesis.

Holiness, I assume that the Rovers Ultras site is for, well Rovers Ultras. a lot more specific in its audience than a GAA board. I presume they allow fans of their club to post and well behaved guests. More like reservoir dubs than gaaboard.
dublinfella.

No one has ever been banned from res dubs for disagreement. Mocked and ridiculed absolutely.
Banned, never.