Shamrock Rovers Ultras

Started by 15 Johnny Blues, April 04, 2007, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bottlethrower7

Quote from: Declan on April 24, 2007, 11:36:35 AM
I would question the reasons behind Davis's objections.

why so?

Declan

Just my reading of the situation BT.   

bottlethrower7

Quote from: Declan on April 24, 2007, 11:44:33 AM
Just my reading of the situation BT.   

fair enough, but I think you have to accept that you're questioning the motives/reasons of all the other clubs for backing them.

and if the implication is that theres some kind of sinister motive at play, then the brush is doing a lot of tarring.

Good Relations

Hoop is right.."FCUK and die"...Dont tell me you havent used similar words or phrases before to someone else.It was just there way of saying to TD that they should keep there noses out of Rovers affairs and concentrate on there own club.What did want the banner to say.."TD please leave us alone"

Regarding the last man standing letter what that idiot in TD was implying was that with enough pressure from the GAA the stadium would be solely used as a GAA stadium (well at least the majority of the time) and the whole soccer only stadiom would be blown out of the water. But then Mr. O Donohue stepped in the whole thing backfired on him :D :D

AZOffaly

To be honest, no, I have never told somebody to 'F*ck Off and Die'. It's very worrying that ye seem so keen to brush this incident, and the Webb chants, off as being fairly insignificant or appropriate (in the case of the banner).

his holiness nb

Its almost as if it were just a slip of the tongue.
Except they spent hours making that banner.
Knackers, defend them if you like, they are knackers.
Ask me holy bollix

Good Relations

Well if you genuinely think that Rovers fans would like to see everyon associated with TD die well then it doesn't say much for yous.
If you cant see the fact that it was only there way of saying mind your own business well then theres no more to be said to you.
If your just gonna constantly slag off and mouth off about Rovers fans you need to take a serious reality check and get a grip.

stephenite

Quote from: Good Relations on April 24, 2007, 12:06:03 PM
It was just there way of saying to TD that they should keep there noses out of Rovers affairs and concentrate on there own club.

TD are lobbying for use of a stadium that will be paid for by the public purse, there is no issue with Rovers ......

AZOffaly

I didn't realise we needed an interpreter for them. Why didn't they just say F*ck Off TD?

And I have not 'slagged off' or 'mouthed about' Rovers fans OTHER than those who

1) Wrote and carried the banner, which I consider to be distasteful and out of order.
2) Chanted abuse at Simon Webb about his late wife and
3) Engaged in pitched battles outside Dalymount Park..,.

If you expect me to NOT slag off such behaviour, then YOU need to take a 'serious reality check and get a grip'.

hoop

Quote from: stephenite on April 24, 2007, 12:22:36 PM
there is no issue with Rovers ......

Yeah, yeah..... that's what Kennedy keeps saying aswell. But only publicly. His private comments and e-mails are a different matter entirely.

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

guy crouchback

I think the very fact that posters here are defending the use of that banner completly discredits them. Firstly, anyone who would put the word f**k in a banner is an Idiot. and anyone who defends it is an idiot. secondly, wishing death on others in a banner is so base and disgusting that there is no real need to debate with anyone who supports its use. their very support finishes their argument .

his holiness nb

But Guy, they didnt mean it apparantly  :o
Ask me holy bollix

Declan

Quotefair enough, but I think you have to accept that you're questioning the motives/reasons of all the other clubs for backing them.
and if the implication is that theres some kind of sinister motive at play, then the brush is doing a lot of tarring.

Not questioning the other clubs motives at all BT. I'm sure they are honourable in supporting Thomas Davis in wha tthey see as the right to acess a publicly funded stadium. My reading goes back to the timing  and tactics used by Davis thats all.

One of the reasons I've kept out of this thread is because of how it de-generated into chidish slagging- Doesn't serve any purpose at all.

Bigger question in my mind is what'll happen post the election!!!

bottlethrower7

Quote from: hoop on April 24, 2007, 12:25:30 PM
Quote from: stephenite on April 24, 2007, 12:22:36 PM
there is no issue with Rovers ......

Yeah, yeah..... that's what Kennedy keeps saying aswell. But only publicly. His private comments and e-mails are a different matter entirely.

allegedly? or are you going to back that up with some evidence?

You're encroaching on very dangerous territory here so I'd choose my next words carefully if I were you.