Shamrock Rovers Ultras

Started by 15 Johnny Blues, April 04, 2007, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

"On a different note Shamrock Rovers have issued an apology to Drogheda's Simon Webb. Apparently at a match last weekend a section of the Rovers support hurled abuse at him about his late wife who died of cancer last year. Some fans left the stadium in disgust. Absolutely sickening. Rovers have a big support but also a substantial sc**bag element following them."

wouldn't even describe them as animals -they are beyond that- utter scumbags - how anybody could shout that at a game is beyond me. they should be locked in a cage.

dublinfella

Quote from: INDIANA on April 23, 2007, 11:50:21 PM
"On a different note Shamrock Rovers have issued an apology to Drogheda's Simon Webb. Apparently at a match last weekend a section of the Rovers support hurled abuse at him about his late wife who died of cancer last year. Some fans left the stadium in disgust. Absolutely sickening. Rovers have a big support but also a substantial sc**bag element following them."

wouldn't even describe them as animals -they are beyond that- utter scumbags - how anybody could shout that at a game is beyond me. they should be locked in a cage.

apparently it was one fan and no-one left in disgust as it wasnt heard.

how did rumours get spread before the interweb?

stephenite

Quote from: dublinfella on April 24, 2007, 01:10:50 AM

apparently it was one fan and no-one left in disgust as it wasnt heard.

how did rumours get spread before the interweb?

Ah your mask has truly slipped now, if it was one fan how did the player in question get to hear it so loudly, how did his manager hear it and if it was only one fan would he really have made the comments on TV3??

I have attempted to discuss this issue with you over the months, and have been reasonable in that. The club has had the decency (for once) to come out and condemn a section of their support, and for that I applaud them.

The fact that you attempt to cover this up, or turn it into 'one fans' fault really are inexcusable - you are a f**king sc**bag for posting that, and sadly indiciative of the minority of scum that are pervasive in Shamrock Rovers these days

hoop

Quote from: stephenite on April 24, 2007, 01:29:07 AM
Ah your mask has truly slipped now ............... you are a f**king sc**bag for posting that ...............

You Sir, are a sick gobdaw. You seem to get a kick out of posting whatever SHITE you can make up about Shamrock Rovers or forum members with whom you don't agree. Get some facts - and get a life.

stephenite

Quote from: hoop on April 24, 2007, 07:58:46 AM
Quote from: stephenite on April 24, 2007, 01:29:07 AM
Ah your mask has truly slipped now ............... you are a f**king sc**bag for posting that ...............

You Sir, are a sick gobdaw. You seem to get a kick out of posting whatever SHITE you can make up about Shamrock Rovers or forum members with whom you don't agree. Get some facts - and get a life.

Another one who is trying to defend the utterly indefensible, you guys really are OTT

I have, on numerous occasions discussed the issues with Dublinfella over the past few months despite his tendencies to post spurious information about the main issue, but these comments about it being one supporter are patently unture, the club would have said as much in it's statement if this was the case.

Where have I posted any made up shite about Shamrock Rovers - point it out and explain how it's made up or shite????
I suspect you'll struggle

And you can view my profile all you want - not like I'll have my address or anything up there :-*

hoop

Quote from: stephenite on April 24, 2007, 08:06:19 AM
Another one who is trying to defend the utterly indefensible, you guys really are OTT

I have, on numerous occasions discussed the issues with Dublinfella over the past few months despite his tendencies to post spurious information about the main issue, but these comments about it being one supporter are patently unture, the club would have said as much in it's statement if this was the case.

Where have I posted any made up shite about Shamrock Rovers - point it out and explain how it's made up or shite????
I suspect you'll struggle

And you can view my profile all you want - not like I'll have my address or anything up there :-*

The Rovers board have issued the apology because they accept that the abuse happened - although they didn't hear it. Likewise the fans accept that it happened, although I still haven't come across anyone who personally heard it. I would therefore conclude that the abuse was both brief and from a tiny minority. I don't know if it was one person - but I would be amazed if it was more than two.

So what Dublinfella says is essentially correct. He is defending NOTHING - he is merely offering some clarification. Going by your reaction, you don't want clarification. You seem to want to instead believe that it was a seething horde of fans chanting for a long spell, because this fits in with your hate-filled view of Shamrock Rovers.

Regarding your earlier comments:

"Didn't bother Shamrock Rovers too much when they were played in Morton Stadium in Santry, that had a big running track all the way around it."

Rubbish. Acknowledged by all at the club as a WOEFUL venue.

"And there's the rub, ye still used it because nobody else would have ye."

More rubbish. The decision to use Morton was a thought-out, strategic decision. And also - as it turned out - a very wrong one.

"Now, now, The Shams played quite a few games there, and God knows did enough damage in the Swiss Cottage,and by that I mean supporters causing actual damage to property and Northside heads as opposed to their own liver. This in itself proves that at least the hardcore scum, sorry Ultras managed to make the journey."

Yet more rubbish. The Ultras (with whom I occasionally work on match-related projects) are a group of decent fans who make flags and banners, run an internet forum and organize busses to away games. You can call them scum, hooligans or anything you want as often as you want. It doesn't make it any truer.

"And there it is, the last last resort to innuendo and lies"

That's hilarious, coming from you.

Incidentally - I was kind of wondering why you didn't get back to me after you repeatedly demanded - and then received - evidence of professionalism in the GAA. Truth hurts, huh?

(Regarding your profile - I'm not aware of any other way of locating the comments you asked me to point out. If you know of one - please tell me).

Hardy

Statement from Shamrock Rovers (bold emphasis is mine)

QuoteApology to Simon Webb (Drogheda United FC)

21 Apr 2007. On behalf of the club's membership and the entire Shamrock Rovers community, we wish to issue a public apology to Simon Webb for the heartless and highly personal verbal abuse he was subjected to from a tiny minority of the attendance at the Shamrock Rovers-Drogheda United game at Tolka Park on April 20. Those responsible should be ashamed of themselves and are certainly not welcome at Shamrock Rovers. An investigation into the incident has begun and those responsible will be dealt with in an appropriate manner.

Shamrock Rovers FC Board of Directors

This "one fan" must have magic powers. He transforms himself into a number of fans and conceals his singular individuality to a sufficient extent to elicit a statement from Shamrock Rovers describing him in the plural. All the more impressive when you consider that, according to dublinfella, he "wasn't heard".

We're still waiting for Rovers' condemnation of the banner and their undertaking to deal with those responsible in an appropriate manner. I'd guess we'll be waiting.

hoop

Quote from: Hardy on April 24, 2007, 09:15:54 AM
We're still waiting for Rovers' condemnation of the banner and their undertaking to deal with those responsible in an appropriate manner. I'd guess we'll be waiting.

Correct.

Hardy

QuoteYet more rubbish. The Ultras (with whom I occasionally work on match-related projects) are a group of decent fans who make flags and banners

Yes - we noticed their talent in that department and were duly impressed with the decency of this fine upstanding group, with whom you "occasionally work on match-related projects".

Hardy

Quote from: hoop on April 24, 2007, 09:19:17 AM
Correct.

And that's what renders Shamrock Rovers and the "Ultras" indistinguishable from each other and equally contemptible. What gang of louts masquerading as a sports club are next on John O'Donoghue's list for financial support, I wonder?

hoop

Quote from: Hardy on April 24, 2007, 09:27:00 AM
What gang of louts masquerading as a sports club are next on John O'Donoghue's list for financial support, I wonder?

Yes indeed - the GAA have been treated very well by John O'Donoghue - despite the mass brawls almost every weekend at GAA matches.

Hound

There are morons supporting soccer team and GAA teams - and playing for soccer and GAA teams.
People are quick to jump on the bandwagon and castigate the opposition - but when the boot is on the other foot, they are just as quick to defend their own for the exact same crime.

The Webb incident is awful, but is irrelevant to the Tallaght stadium debate. 

his holiness nb

Ah for f**k sake Hoop give over will ya.

Please advise where this weeks mass brawl was? and last weeks, and the week befores?
Or are you talking chelsea v arsenal league cup final style "mass brawls" ?  :D :D :D :D :D
Otherwise stop spouting shite  ::)
Yes there are fights in GAA games, but guess what, and brace yourself for this, there are fights in soccer games too.

Now the big difference is with the fans.
they are different type of animal altogether.

I'd tell you to "f**k off and die" but I wont stoop to the Ultras level.
Ask me holy bollix

hoop

Quote from: his holiness nb on April 24, 2007, 09:39:00 AM
Please advise where this weeks mass brawl was? and last weeks, and the week befores?

Violent incidents to be investigated

Monday, 16 April 2007 12:21

GAA chiefs in Tyrone are to probe violent incidents which led to the abandonment of a match between two of the county's top teams at the weekend.

The Division 1A league game between Ardboe and defending champions Dromore was cut short 20 minutes from the end after fighting broke out, involving players and supporters.

Top inter-county referee Michael Hughes, who was officiating at the game, called an end to the action after efforts to restore order failed.

Aodhán Harkin, secretary of the county's Competitions Control Committee, said that an immediate investigation will be ordered, with the Disciplinary Committee set to meet late this week.

'There will be an inquiry, and knowing Michael Hughes (referee), his report was probably in this morning. It doesn't bode well, second game of the season, it's not what anybody wants to see. But these things have to be dealt with.

'I understand it was a free-for-all involving players and supporters.'

So what do you reckon? Has a "free-for-all involving players and supporters" ever happened at an Irish soccer match???

The answer is No.

Hardy

Quote from: hoop on April 24, 2007, 09:30:55 AM

Yes indeed - the GAA have been treated very well by John O'Donoghue - despite the mass brawls almost every weekend at GAA matches.

What? Never happened. And if it did it was just one fan. And he wasn't heard/seen.

Sound familiar?

Hound - of course you are correct, with one important exception. As long as Shamrock Rovers fail to condemn the banner or do anything about dealing with those responsible, they are complicit in the gurrierism it represents.