Shamrock Rovers Ultras

Started by 15 Johnny Blues, April 04, 2007, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

The central issue in a public funding scandal and serial debt-defaulting scam is the atmosphere at Shamrock Rovers' matches!!!

And you talk about things you couldn't make up.

Anyway, having seen that banner, and heard about the unvelievable scummery last Friday night, I know all I care to know about the "atmosphere" at Shamrock Rovers matches.

hoop

Quote from: Hardy on April 23, 2007, 09:11:05 AM
The central issue in a public funding scandal and serial debt-defaulting scam is the atmosphere at Shamrock Rovers' matches!!!

That was his way of describing the issue. In correct terms, the central issue is that soccer fans will be nowhere near the pitch. Those behind the goals will be 30 yards away. But why am I bothering to explain this when fans of the Grab All Association simply don't care???

An excellent way of debating lads. When it gets to the central issue, you just say "I don't care about that".

Pathetic.

blast05

QuoteAh - here we go again. Some of the favoured expressions of the GAA apologists - "professional franchise".

Sounds great, doesn't it???

Pity that professionalism in GAA is hidden (though very badly hidden) and not out in the open such as with soccer and rugby

I'm sorry, but i ain't an apologist for anything or if i have been then show me where - and where exactly is the professionalism in the GAA that you refer to ?
Re the ice-hockey, I was justing using an example of what should be allowed happen if SR can get their ground built for free. Correct me on this one if i am wrong.

Can anyone from SR clarify for me what the rent the major tenant will be if they get the stadium as they wish ?

And also, if the only issue of concern to SR were the 30 yards behind the goal, then i am sure a simple compromise could be reached - TD to have say a 135m pitch instead of 140m with only a 5m run-off behind each goal while SR could lengthen their pitch to the max soccer dimensions meaning you would only have 12.5m behind each goal - somewhat less than what either Derry City or Waterford United currently have i would say.

Hardy

Quote from: hoop on April 23, 2007, 09:17:09 AM
... the central issue is that soccer fans will be nowhere near the pitch. Those behind the goals will be 30 yards away. But why am I bothering to explain this when fans of the Grab All Association simply don't care???

An excellent way of debating lads. When it gets to the central issue, you just say "I don't care about that".

Pathetic.

Grab All Association – hilarious, original and, of course, unwittingly ironic, given the source. 

You're right, though. We don't care and you're not going to garner much support around here for a campaign to improve the "atmosphere" at the two-men-and-a-dog occasions of the Eircom League. I'd have thought even a member of the "olé, olé, but boo if he's a protestant" movement would have enough cop on to know that.

And anyway, as regards the central plank of your risible campaign against putting fans 30 yards behind the goals – did you notice the recent soccer games in Croke Park? If it's unacceptable for soccer fans to be 30 yards away from the pitch (too far to throw a bottle?), what was all the clamour to get into Croke Park about?

As you might say yourself, you couldn't make it up.

hoop

Quote from: Hardy on April 23, 2007, 09:33:22 AM
did you notice the recent soccer games in Croke Park? If it's unacceptable for soccer fans to be 30 yards away from the pitch (too far to throw a bottle?), what was all the clamour to get into Croke Park about?

Ah, good - so you noticed that, did you?

The farce of having a soccer pitch out in the middle of a vast Croke Park was of course the best argument AGAINST butchering Tallaght Stadium.

Far from optimal and - thankfully - very temporary, unlike what Thomas Davis envisage for Tallaght.

Hardy

You don't get the point, do you? Nobody here (or in the GAA, or the government, or SDCC, or in the courts) gives a t**ker's toss how far behind the goal your supporters have to stand, be it to flaunt their obscene banners, boo protestants, throw bottles or (and I'm still reeling at the very thought of this one) revel loudly in a player's bereavement. Seems to me the further away they are the better.

Just in case you still don't get it - if you want to court any sympathy here, you might consider changing tack from the 30-yard-injustice approach.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Hardy on April 23, 2007, 09:46:41 AM
You don't get the point, do you? Nobody here (or in the GAA, or the government, or SDCC, or in the courts) gives a t**ker's toss how far behind the goal your supporters have to stand, be it to flaunt their obscene banners, boo protestants, throw bottles or (and I'm still reeling at the very thought of this one) revel loudly in a player's bereavement. Seems to me the further away they are the better.

Just in case you still don't get it - if you want to court any sympathy here, you might consider changing tack from the 30-yard-injustice approach.

Dont forget throwing pigs heads at ex players.

And dont ye dare deny it!  >:(
Ask me holy bollix

hoop

Okay, so nobody here cares about the central issue. Good, at least I know where I stand.

Now excuse me while I go and talk to the wall.

his holiness nb

Quote from: hoop on April 23, 2007, 10:00:16 AM
Okay, so nobody here cares about the central issue. Good, at least I know where I stand.

Now excuse me while I go and talk to the wall.

The "central issue" ????
This thread is entitled "Shamrock Rovers Ultras" and started with a picture of Rovers fans holding up a banner saying "Thomas Davis GAC, f**k off and die"

Now sincere apologies if we speak about Rovers fans behaving badly!  ::)
Ask me holy bollix

hoop

Quote from: his holiness nb on April 23, 2007, 10:02:40 AM
The "central issue" ????
This thread is entitled "Shamrock Rovers Ultras" and started with a picture of Rovers fans holding up a banner saying "Thomas Davis GAC, f**k off and die"

Oh alright - let's just pretend that all those posts about the stadium don't exist, shall we???

It must be very hard work moving those goal-posts to and fro all the time.....

his holiness nb

The post about the stadium DO exist, dont be smart.
But the "central issue" on this thread, as in any thread, should be the title subject.
So sincere apologies for straying from what you want to talk about to discuss the title subject  ::)

Or do you want to just keep quiet on this issue as holding up banners saying "f**k off and die" shows the scummy element of the Rovers support?

Now go ahead and counter that by saying "the gaa is scummy because........."

Wake me up when your done.
Ask me holy bollix

Hardy

Quote from: hoop on April 23, 2007, 10:00:16 AM

Ker-chinnnng!

"Central issue"
:D :D :D :D :D

blast05

Quoteif the only issue of concern to SR were the 30 yards behind the goal, then i am sure a simple compromise could be reached - TD to have say a 135m pitch instead of 140m with only a 5m run-off behind each goal while SR could lengthen their pitch to the max soccer dimensions meaning you would only have 12.5m behind each goal - somewhat less than what either Derry City or Waterford United currently have i would say.

Allowing that we for a moment entertain that the 30 yds is the central issue, then have you any comment re my post above from earlier on ?

tayto

So thats the central issue??? Funny the minister hasnt mentioned it to date.

If the average attendance at a rovers match is 1000-3000 then surely everyone will take the good seats along the sideline.

or is the "central issue" for those special occasions that the stadium will be full?

but on the other hand it's not a central issue whether an entire sport [two sports really] is allowed into the stadium, that is apparently the GAA trying to destroy the stadium.  How biased can you get. hilarious.

You claim to have the plans for Thomas Davis's pitch hoop? Are these the plans Dublinfella says they refuse to show anyone?

hoop

Quote from: tayto on April 23, 2007, 10:32:33 AM
You claim to have the plans for Thomas Davis's pitch hoop? Are these the plans Dublinfella says they refuse to show anyone?

Nope - I have plans that were in the public domain that clearly show what putting in a GAA pitch would entail. Thomas Davis allege to have drawn up other plans which show that only minor alterations are required. This is physically impossible however - which is probably the reason that they won't show the alleged plans to anyone.