Shamrock Rovers Ultras

Started by 15 Johnny Blues, April 04, 2007, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublinfella

Quote from: bottlethrower7 on April 24, 2007, 02:51:23 PM
Quote from: hoop on April 24, 2007, 02:45:36 PM
Quote from: bottlethrower7 on April 24, 2007, 02:39:44 PM
the first bit means that, in case any of his club membership think that it would be in TD's best interest to seek a GAA-only stadium, he thinks, tactically speaking, that a multi-code stadium would be better (and certainly more achievable).

The second bit refers to his confidence in the strength of the club, the clubs backing him, and of the GAA as a whole to stand up to any organisation in this country, including the government. And it is a belief that the majority, if not all, of GAA members share.

So that would explain the e-mail being leaked and the Indo printing it?????

Kennedy is out to shaft Rovers and take over the stadium completely. He thinks that doing it in carefully planned stages will be slightly less obvious.

wow, an extreme case of paranoia there.

there was nothing untoward in that letter (not the excerpt you printed anyway). Put the negative spin on it that suits your (paranoia fuelled) argument and you can believe whatever the hell you want.

I have to say, despite the sinister stuff about Shamrock Rovers fans wishing death upon TD (whether their club or their members is unclear), the whole thing is hilarious.

nothing untoword in the letter?

announcing the banning a minister from the clubhouse? instructing members how to vote in a general election? (apolitical organisation my arse).

thats before the facts and figures are dissected...

I appreciate that loyalty to the association and its goals are central to the GAA and its success, but BT maybe, just maybe, a senior member of a club has lost the run of himself and needs to be pulled aside and told to keep the noise down.

try thinking this one through from how the outside world see it.

hoop

there was nothing untoward in that letter (not the excerpt you printed anyway). Put the negative spin on it that suits your (paranoia fuelled) argument and you can believe whatever the hell you want.

Complete and utter rubbish. Are you also telling me that the Indo got it wrong??

People on here wanted evidence - they get evidence - and they choose to simply ignore it.

Absolutely PATHETIC.

his holiness nb

Quote from: dublinfella on April 24, 2007, 02:47:37 PM
it is interesting that no member of the association on here from Dublin is defending his motives....

Depends what motives you are thinking of dublinfella, its hard to tell  :D

I'm from Dublin and I agree 100% with the stance of Thomas Davis
Ask me holy bollix

his holiness nb

Quote from: hoop on April 24, 2007, 02:59:18 PM
People on here wanted evidence - they get evidence - and they choose to simply ignore it.

Absolutely PATHETIC.

It wasnt ignored, it was explained, and explained well by bottlethrower.

Look you are really going round in circles here and arent really doing the already damaged reputation of the Rovers fans any good here.
Give it a rest eh?
Ask me holy bollix

bottlethrower7

Complete and utter rubbish. Are you also telling me that the Indo got it wrong??

Absolutely PATHETIC.

yes, evidence, not spin.

try again

Main Street

IMO  both sides have valid arguments and both have their valid points.

Despite what your partners might say, size does matter. Unless TD have a working plan for at least 6,000 seats in a dual usage scenario then Rovers should have the priority use.
If there is a viable plan for a dual use stadium, then GAA pitch size is not a major impediment to soccer spectators.
They should try spotting a hurley ball in full flight some 150m away ?

dublinfella

Quote from: his holiness nb on April 24, 2007, 03:06:03 PM

Absolutely PATHETIC.

It wasnt ignored, it was explained, and explained well by bottlethrower.

Look you are really going round in circles here and arent really doing the already damaged reputation of the Rovers fans any good here.
Give it a rest eh?

bottlethrower also admitted he hasnt read the stuff.

we are in full rocket scientist mode here today boys.

i posted the full 13 page memo on the main forum before the mods closed it.

bottlethrower7

Quote from: dublinfella on April 24, 2007, 02:58:23 PM
Quote from: hoop on April 24, 2007, 02:45:36 PM
Quote from: bottlethrower7 on April 24, 2007, 02:39:44 PM
the first bit means that, in case any of his club membership think that it would be in TD's best interest to seek a GAA-only stadium, he thinks, tactically speaking, that a multi-code stadium would be better (and certainly more achievable).

The second bit refers to his confidence in the strength of the club, the clubs backing him, and of the GAA as a whole to stand up to any organisation in this country, including the government. And it is a belief that the majority, if not all, of GAA members share.

So that would explain the e-mail being leaked and the Indo printing it?????

Kennedy is out to shaft Rovers and take over the stadium completely. He thinks that doing it in carefully planned stages will be slightly less obvious.

wow, an extreme case of paranoia there.

I have to say, despite the sinister stuff about Shamrock Rovers fans wishing death upon TD (whether their club or their members is unclear), the whole thing is hilarious.

nothing untoword in the letter?

announcing the banning a minister from the clubhouse? instructing members how to vote in a general election? (apolitical organisation my arse).

thats before the facts and figures are dissected...

I appreciate that loyalty to the association and its goals are central to the GAA and its success, but BT maybe, just maybe, a senior member of a club has lost the run of himself and needs to be pulled aside and told to keep the noise down.

try thinking this one through from how the outside world see it.

Part of the reason for the success of the GAA is that decisions are typically made based on what is best for the organisation, not what the perception (from the outside world) is.

bottlethrower7

Quote from: dublinfella on April 24, 2007, 03:08:53 PM

bottlethrower also admitted he hasnt read the stuff.

no I didn't. I did read it.

hoop

Quote from: bottlethrower7 on April 24, 2007, 03:10:22 PM
Part of the reason for the success of the GAA is that decisions are typically made based on what is best for the organisation, not what the perception (from the outside world) is.

Yes, we had gathered that.

his holiness nb

"bottlethrower also admitted he hasnt read the stuff.

we are in full rocket scientist mode here today boys"

So you make up a lie to justify calling us stupid  ::)

Why we even entertain you is beyond me  ???
Ask me holy bollix

dublinfella

Quote from: his holiness nb on April 24, 2007, 03:17:43 PM
"bottlethrower also admitted he hasnt read the stuff.

we are in full rocket scientist mode here today boys"

So you make up a lie to justify calling us stupid  ::)

Why we even entertain you is beyond me  ???

If you choose to believe nothing underhand in the two documents Kennedy has written on the subject that have found themselves in the public domain thats your lookout.

If you believe he represents the spirit of the GAA and its ideals in this course of action, we have wildly deffering views on how the association should go about its business.

blast05

Could someone go on to google map, find the site of the proposed stadium, save the image, edit it by putting a red line around the perimeter of the site and based on the existing strucutre that is there, i.e.: partially completed stand which i presume is the length of a soccer pitch? .... then people should get some idea re what is possible and what is not.

bottlethrower7

Quote from: dublinfella on April 24, 2007, 04:05:22 PM
If you believe he represents the spirit of the GAA and its ideals in this course of action, we have wildly deffering views on how the association should go about its business.

yes, we obviously do.

And whose opinions matter more? Yours? Or ours?

his holiness nb

"we have wildly deffering views on how the association should go about its business"

Finally something we can agree on.

Best leave it to the members then eh? ;)
Ask me holy bollix