Shamrock Rovers Ultras

Started by 15 Johnny Blues, April 04, 2007, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

How does that prove there are mass brawls "almost every week"  ::)

And what has this to do with Shamrock Rovers Ultras or the stadium?

Ah yes, thats right, NOTHING, just another pathetic dig at the GAA.

Hoop, you are really starting to appear desperate and bitter.
8)

Ask me holy bollix

Good Relations

Lads you cannot deny that there is fights at inter county GAA matches nearly every week.I can pick out two in recent weeks.The one Hoop was on about and there was scenes where a supporter ran on the pitch to confront an umpire in a game about two weeks ago shown Sunday Sport.I was at the Rovers match against Drogheda and did not hear the abuse that Simon Webb got.Im not denying that it did not happen but it must of been only 2 or 3 at most as I was sitting close to where it took place.

hoop

Quote from: Good Relations on April 24, 2007, 10:09:03 AM
Lads you cannot deny that there is fights at inter county GAA matches nearly every week.

Actually it's mostly club matches. The same clubs who are happy to receive enormous grant funding - yet people on this forum spread lies and innuendo about Shamrock Rovers in an effort to discredit the club and argue against the club getting funding.

Bizarre stuff.

his holiness nb

Good relations, theres a huge difference between a "fight" and a "mass brawl"
There are "fights" in soccer games around the country every week too.
Feck sake there was an incident where a gun was pointed at a player at a soccer game in Dublin a few years ago!!

But again, what has this got to do with anything??

It really looks like ye are randomly pointing out anything you see as "bad" about the GAA at this stage, despite it being irrelevant to the point.
Ask me holy bollix

hoop

Quote from: his holiness nb on April 24, 2007, 10:19:55 AM
It really looks like ye are randomly pointing out anything you see as "bad" about the GAA at this stage, despite it being irrelevant to the point.

Now replace "GAA" with "Shamrock Rovers" in the above sentence - and then read back through this thread.

AZOffaly

Lies and innuendo? Such as?

regarding the Stadium in Tallaght, I'd be of the opinion that if the GAA can be accomodated in a PUBLIC stadium without affecting attendence, then it should be accomodated. If it were a private stadium I'd tell Thomas Davis to get lost. Equally if Shamrock Rovers are simply using a PUBLIC stadium, then they have no right to say who can or cannot use it.

I think all the arguments are used up at this point, so lets just wait for the courts to decide whether the Minister or Thomas Davis are right here.

But as regards Shamrock Rovers and their fans. I completely accept that gobshites follow every sport and every team, including the GAA, and that Rovers probably have hundreds of regulars who are decent folk. However, I have to say that I have a fairly bad opinion of the Rovers fans in general.

This stems from my personal experience of them at a couple of games, most notably at Dalymount when themselves and Bohs 'fans' staged pitched battles up and down the street out the 'back' of Dalymount. My now-wife and I were at the game, and we've been at sporting events all over the world, including club soccer matches in England and Italy, as well as internationals in Switzerland, the USA, and other places. I have never been afraid for her, or my, safety anywhere else apart from that night.

I realise quoting one incident does not a pattern make, but I have seen other incidents with Rovers fans at Tolka Park versus Shels.

My own experiences of some, and I repeat some, of their fans, allied with the 'F*ck off and Die' banner, allied with the chants at Simon Webb about his late wife, allied with some of your attempts to brush them away or defend them (the banner) and my opinion is fairly low to be honest. But I still can't see the lies and innuendo. What was false?

hoop

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 24, 2007, 10:27:35 AM
Lies and innuendo? Such as?

How about this quote from your good self? Do I really have to point out the innuendo to you?

..... or whatever halting site Rovers are currently occupying .....

his holiness nb

Quote from: hoop on April 24, 2007, 10:23:12 AM
Quote from: his holiness nb on April 24, 2007, 10:19:55 AM

Now replace "GAA" with "Shamrock Rovers" in the above sentence - and then read back through this thread.

This thread is about Shamrock Rovers fans holiding up offensive banners.
Of course we are going to discuss their bad elements  ::)

This is really getting into a tedious tit for tat load of bollox.

Incidentally, if you think I am going to read back through 35 odd pages you are very much mistaken, jesus Its boring to read the first time round  :D
Ask me holy bollix

AZOffaly

Quote..... or whatever halting site Rovers are currently occupying .....

That was a reference to their penchant for skipping around Dublin since Milltown closed. Didn't mean to imply they were tinkers or anything like that. Sorry for the clumsy turn of phrase.

Good Relations

No one is defending that every club in Ireland has a very small minority of thugs who go to there matches.As Johnathan Roche said in his apology yesterday "these people are not welcome to Rovers", so supporting Rovers is not a scum bag or hooligan culture as a lot of people on this forum seem to think. We support Rovers out of love for the club and if nothing else the last twenty years have only drawn us closer.So you can see why we vigourusly defend any bad comments made about anything got to do with the club.

AZOffaly

I understand not wanting to be tarred with the same brush, but in fairness if you refuse to say that a banner like 'F*ck off and Die' is unacceptable, then it's hard to sympathise with your stance.

As I said, I have no doubt that there are decent lads and ladies who support SRFC, but the ones I've seen outside Dalymount, Tolka and in the photo with the banner, are in my opinion not decent lads.

Of course the reptiles who shouted at Simon Webb are even lower in my estimation.

Good Relations

So your telling me that if TD got to a major final and brought a few hundred fans to it that they would not have a song or banner insulting Shamrock Rovers...I doubt it.

hoop

Quote from: his holiness nb on April 24, 2007, 10:39:02 AM
This thread is about Shamrock Rovers fans holiding up offensive banners.

And this thread - in case you hadn't noticed - has also dealt in detail with the stadium. Unfortunately however - and this is also in answer to AZOffaly - every time the stadium arguments falter, the lies and petty insults are dragged out.

AZOffaly

I VERY much doubt it. And I would almost guarantee they wouldn't be wishing death on ye.

If, in some twisted parallel reality, that *did* happen, I would condemn it unreservedly.

In my opinion that banner is typical of the pseudo-macho hooligan mentality that a section of people who go to soccer matches seem to have, and certainly a section of the Rovers fans. 'F*ck Off and Die'. Big hard men alright.

AZOffaly