My Christmas= Ruined

Started by Hashtag, November 24, 2011, 11:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 25, 2011, 09:06:50 PM
Quote from: Minder on November 25, 2011, 05:33:23 PM
Last day will be 23rd December and back on 9th January.

When did you become a teacher?

A few are out of my own holiday allocation.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 25, 2011, 09:07:34 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 25, 2011, 09:01:32 PM
Quote from: hardstation on November 24, 2011, 12:48:17 PM
I get 26th, 27th December and 2nd January.

Not great but better than fcuk all.

To celebrate my birthday?

Happy 40th MR2, just in case i forget

Thanks but...

No cnut will have any money to go out or give me a decent bottle of wine FFS
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 25, 2011, 09:06:50 PM
Quote from: Minder on November 25, 2011, 05:33:23 PM
Last day will be 23rd December and back on 9th January.

When did you become a teacher?
The halidays are only marginally worse in the silly service. I'm quitting on the 21st and back on the 3rd of Jan. It'll have to do.

Milltown Row2

Aye I've 2 weeks, and with this lovely inspection for the next week coming up it will be well deserved
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 25, 2011, 09:17:49 PM
Aye I've 2 weeks, and with this lovely inspection for the next week coming up it will be well deserved
Are they hiding you in a storeroom til the inspection passes?

Milltown Row2

Afraid not, cheeky cnut ;)

I've 6 different classes per day!! Very busy important man :D

This will be my 3rd in 9 years

ONeill

Good luck with the inspection. They've definitely stepped up the intensity. We had one not so long ago and they missed nothing. They'll rummage through your manbag and ask to explain every piece of paper from scribbles to a wine bottle label. They'll follow you out to your car and then ask to see the insides of your motor. Hide the betting slips. They'll comment on your dress-wear - where you bought it, how much and how old it is. They'll sit beside you at lunch and watch how you eat your food and what you eat. They'll comment on your aftershave. They'll surprise you in the corridor and ask you to spell words like niece or pizza.

Then they check you, professionally.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on November 25, 2011, 09:59:11 PM
Good luck with the inspection. They've definitely stepped up the intensity. We had one not so long ago and they missed nothing. They'll rummage through your manbag and ask to explain every piece of paper from scribbles to a wine bottle label. They'll follow you out to your car and then ask to see the insides of your motor. Hide the betting slips. They'll comment on your dress-wear - where you bought it, how much and how old it is. They'll sit beside you at lunch and watch how you eat your food and what you eat. They'll comment on your aftershave. They'll surprise you in the corridor and ask you to spell words like niece or pizza.

Then they check you, professionally.

Yeah, it really doesn't bother me, majority of the kids are grand, classes last no more than an hour and the Inspector is an ex shipyard apprentice who was a year above me when I started there.

Another bonus is that Translink are on strike this Wednesday  ;D one day less to worry about

The Gs Man

Terrible Christmases in 96, 97 and 98.  My da had a habit of heading for a feed of pints in the Forresters before the dinner.  Always brought at least 1 straggler home with him so there was less turkey and stuffing for the rest of us.

Go to the in-laws now so it's all good.  Only thing is they've a couple of rules:

- No brown sauce on the table. (I smuggle in a couple of sachets)
- Everyone gets the same dinner.  Mightn't sound bad but when I'm handed a plate with carrot and parsnips on it I puke in my own mouth.
- Running joke that I don't like pavalova.

Other than that, it's great and surely beats the 3 year bad run in the late 90's.
Keep 'er lit

Hashtag

Quote from: The Gs Man on November 26, 2011, 08:24:29 AM
Terrible Christmases in 96, 97 and 98.  My da had a habit of heading for a feed of pints in the Forresters before the dinner.  Always brought at least 1 straggler home with him so there was less turkey and stuffing for the rest of us.

Go to the in-laws now so it's all good.  Only thing is they've a couple of rules:

- No brown sauce on the table. (I smuggle in a couple of sachets)
- Everyone gets the same dinner.  Mightn't sound bad but when I'm handed a plate with carrot and parsnips on it I puke in my own mouth.
- Running joke that I don't like pavalova.

Other than that, it's great and surely beats the 3 year bad run in the late 90's.

Every year are dinner is delayed due to the fact that some of the family are in the pub.

Its a usual tradition around our house to, go to Christmas Eve Mass, come home for a turkey toastie and then into the town for a drink or three. Home and tucked up in new jammies around 12.

who do you think will go out of Christ-Factor tonight? i think Janet is in trouble.

vav

I usually have the 24th & 25th off (which I'm used to now and enjoy the 2 day break)... can't even fecking get that this year.. Now I have to work the 24th.. so my Christmas holidays consists of Christmas Day.. yippee  :'( :'(

Hashtag

Quote from: vav on November 26, 2011, 01:48:29 PM
I usually have the 24th & 25th off (which I'm used to now and enjoy the 2 day break)... can't even fecking get that this year.. Now I have to work the 24th.. so my Christmas holidays consists of Christmas Day.. yippee  :'( :'(

That's awful. I thought my situation was bad. What do you work at? Nurse? Shop?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Hashtag on November 26, 2011, 01:52:05 PM

Hooker

Hashtag

Harsh brokencrossbar1. Harsh.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 26, 2011, 03:51:55 PM
Quote from: Hashtag on November 26, 2011, 01:52:05 PM

Hooker

impossible, there will still be someone looking to pay for it, xmas day or not !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012