TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffrongael

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 06, 2022, 10:28:29 PM
Boys from the Blackstuff just started on bbc4. Not sure if ive the headspace for it but just givin the heads up to anyone whos never seen it. Quality. But grim

Yeah was going to post this earlier 👍
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Main Street

Better Call Saul 6th and final season will be resuming soon after a hiatus, episodes 8 -13 will be aired from July 11th onward

Episode 7 was just class, one of the best from the series, though it should have been called "Howard's End".

Milltown Row2

On season three of Narcos Mexico... I'm nearly thinking it's better than the Colombian
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 06, 2022, 10:41:29 PM
On season three of Narcos Mexico... I'm nearly thinking it's better than the Colombian

I remember thinking Mexico would be crap but it turned out better.

So many things that are going to be revealed in these last few BCS episodes.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Quote from: Rudi on June 25, 2022, 10:37:23 PM
Quote from: Rudi on June 25, 2022, 12:05:16 AM
The Secret on Netflix. Fact is stranger than fiction, about the double murder in Coleraine is worth a watch. Utterly bizarre,  cold & calculated to a point.

Finished the 4 episodes this evening, had my first lazy weekend since having Covid in February. Definitely worth a watch, Nesbitt plays central character very well, mental stuff but worth a watch. Can remember watching news reports, spotlight back in the day. Yer man was cold, calculated, almost got away with it.

Saw it years ago on ITV and thought it was very good. Your one's accent is a tad questionable but whole show gives a good insight into what some people in some of those bible thumping communities are like.

Bad bastards the pair of them.

bennydorano

Breeders on Sky is just so good, S3 a bit of a rollercoaster.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 06, 2022, 10:41:29 PM

Thought the same. Said I'd endure it but it turned out superb.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Tony Baloney

Finished Black Bird on Apple there tonight. Would definitely recommend.

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 06, 2022, 12:02:31 AM

Same here. Brilliant show!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 06, 2022, 01:02:48 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 06, 2022, 12:02:31 AM

Same here. Brilliant show!
Larry reminded me of you.

tbrick18

Better Call Saul is having a really good season.
First real explicit cross-over into Breaking Bad in the last episode I watched.

Also just started watching Bosch. 2 episodes in and it seems really good.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: tbrick18 on August 08, 2022, 12:18:00 PM
Better Call Saul is having a really good season.
First real explicit cross-over into Breaking Bad in the last episode I watched.

Also just started watching Bosch. 2 episodes in and it seems really good.

This season of Better Call Saul has been brilliant. A real slow burner, but really enjoyable.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

thewobbler

Bosch is the same shite we've seen a hundred times before. It just suffers from the same problem as so many of these series, in that the lead actor implausibly ends up in the exact right place at the right time any time the plot needs to move forward, and when he is dropped into a tricky situation (usually just after moodily ignoring orders and going off grid with no access to comms) can somehow outwit, outfight and outshoot squadrons of trained elite killers.

All this shit was played to death 50 years ago by James Bond. I can't do it any more.

Jack Ryan and the Old Man other recent examples of shows I'd to turn off for same reasons.

BrotherMore6592

Anatomy of a scandal on Netflix brilliant

gallsman

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on August 08, 2022, 12:37:10 PM
Anatomy of a scandal on Netflix brilliant

Completely disagree. Absolute shite. Camera "trickery" wears thin inside the first episode.