The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burdizzo

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 08, 2022, 08:12:56 PM
"It's wrong what they did to Alex Jones. He should be able to criticize the official story any time he wants. I hope he appeals the verdicts because the kangaroo courts already made him guilty before the trials started. Americans should help cover his bills. Sick of censorship!"

These are the words of Arizona state Senator Wendy Rogers. And of course, she's a Republican. What other pearls of conservative wisdom has this bimbo been casting before us?

Apparently Volodymyr Zelenskyy is "a globalist puppet for Soros and the Clintons."

"Half of the combat footage" taken in the city of Kyiv was "a video game."

She has also called for people who she deems to be "traitors" to be publicly hanged.

This is not some mentally ill person on the street corner screaming at traffic. This is an elected politician. This is how insane conservative politicians are getting, and they're only getting worse.

I don't follow the finer details of US politics, so I don't know the story with Alex Jones, or exactly who Wendy Rogers is; but - and whatever about anything else - she's absolutely on the ball about Zelensky being a globalist puppet.
And also, while there may be some "insane conservative politicians" over there - did you never notice the wacky woke mob?! One side mirrors the other.

Main Street

Quote from: burdizzo on August 09, 2022, 01:54:57 AM
"It's wrong what they did to Alex Jones. He should be able to criticize the official story any time he wants. I hope he appeals the verdicts because the kangaroo courts already made him guilty before the trials started. Americans should help cover his bills. Sick of censorship!"

These are the words of Arizona state Senator Wendy Rogers. And of course, she's a Republican. What other pearls of conservative wisdom has this bimbo been casting before us?

Apparently Volodymyr Zelenskyy is "a globalist puppet for Soros and the Clintons."

She has also called for people who she deems to be "traitors" to be publicly hanged.

This is not some mentally ill person on the street corner screaming at traffic. This is an elected politician. This is how insane conservative politicians are getting, and they're only getting worse.

I don't follow the finer details of US politics, so I don't know the story with Alex Jones, or exactly who Wendy Rogers is; but - and whatever about anything else - she's absolutely on the ball about Zelensky being a globalist puppet.
And also, while there may be some "insane conservative politicians" over there - did you never notice the wacky woke mob?! One side mirrors the other.
What wacky woke mob mirrors Alex Jones?  and what about    "I don't  know the story  who "exactly Wendy Rogers is " yet  you profess  to know  she's on the ball about Zelensky.

"Half of the combat footage" taken in the city of Kyiv was "a video game.

Only half? ;D

This tread already has enough useful idiots,  the cup already overfloweth.

Eamonnca1

Where? Who's the left's equivalent of Alex Jones?

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 09, 2022, 01:14:15 AM
Feds raid Mar-A-Lago

Have some plumbers checking the toilets for documents

Seemed to happen after the News Hour was recorded. I'm looking forward to seeing more about it tomorrow night. He is so busted!

Eamonnca1

Eamonnca1

Eamonnca1

This Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) could mean $305 billion in deficit reductions through 2031. Of course if some Rethuglican nutjob gets back into the White House then you can kiss that goodbye. Could be interesting to see Fox News spinning this. They reverted to deficit hawks the day Biden was sworn in.

Eamonnca1

Quoth Garrett M. Graff on Twitter:

"What's the difference between this and Watergate?" Donald Trump raged in a statement Monday night after FBI agents.

Well, as a Watergate and FBI historian, four things stand out to me:

The idea the FBI launched a raid on a former president would have been approved and monitored at the highest level of the Justice Department; hard to even imagine how high the bar of probable cause must've been for the Bureau to initiate such a politically sensitive search...

A search warrant means an independent federal judge ALSO signed off on the probable cause and, independently, believes evidence there was likely a crime committed AND that more evidence would be found at Mar-a-Lago. That's huge too.

The fact the search apparently didn't leak until basically when word came from Donald Trump himself shows the FBI and the Justice Department conducted this search by the book and a high degree of integrity. No leaks? Impressive. Surely only a small team knew inside DOJ....

Taken together, this is one of the most significant, sensitive, and politically explosive actions the US Justice Department and FBI has ever taken—one of a tiny handful of times it's ever investigated a president.

Bottom line: The FBI & DOJ must've known they had the goods.

RedHand88

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 09, 2022, 05:16:19 AM

Where? Who's the left's equivalent of Alex Jones?

Eamonna1, going by this thread in the last few days  ::)

Eamonnca1

Captain Scarlet

I am not being glib here...BUT if Trump saw jail time or was even in line to be ruled out of a 2024 run, does anyone think there will be a more serious insurrection?

Like if head-the-ball is arrested that will be red rag to the MAGAs. Imagine trying to detain him or take him in for questioning!!
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Eamonnca1

Jan 6 was a security failure. The cops and national guard will be better prepared if the conservatives try that crap again. I'd love to see them try.

Gmac

This will be another embarrassment for the FBI , joe claims he knew nothing about it which is true obviously, so the question is who is making these decisions and who is running the White House.

RedHand88

Gmac

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 09, 2022, 05:36:09 PM
Did they get anything?
who knows , the judge who signed search warrant is a former defense attorney for Epstein and a big democrat donor ,the  investigation is being run by the dc division who is run by same guy who came up with the whitmer entrapment kidnapping scheme , the fbi has lied and doctored documents to get warrants against Trump and his associates before so anything is possible.
Strange how the nyt reporter was on weekend news shows setting the stage about documents being flushed down toilets in White House and this happens next day . Bottom line hey want to charge Trump with a crime that stops him from running for public office and this is how they have planned to do it .