Policeman Shot Dead - Armagh ..

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, March 09, 2009, 11:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

Quote from: one for the road on March 10, 2009, 12:19:48 AM
Doogie its sad but true with the crime levels in craigavon people carrying out such an attack would have calculated the steps in the attack.

surely with the memebers being so small the chances of catching them will be greater, not maybe im being niave
Dunno oftr, history will tell you the ratio of convictions to murders in the troubles would be very low (I think).  I do think there will be a strong community backlash to this latest murder but if there are only  a small few involved there are less opportunites for leaks or holes in their stories, I hope I am wrong though as our society does not need these people bringing down our working class communities.

Unequivocal condemnation from SF in statement released to the BBC also tonight, but probably not enough for some who would seemingly prefer them not to condemn it so they can attack them for their own aims.  SF have handled things well these past few days and certainly have shown how far we have come (despite these setbacks).

corn02

Quote from: Puckoon on March 10, 2009, 12:21:52 AM
Every man is responsible for his actions, if you get caught up in that craic at any level, on your own head be it.

On another note, surely these sc**bag idiots who allegedly everyone and their dogs know are responsible for these attacks (depending on the circles you run in) cannot continue to evade the law for so long? Wont anyone give information? I understand the age old adage of not giving information to the police, but surely if the SF are serious about the peace process?

Common knowledge on plenty of forums already.

balladmaker

The worst thing that can happen now as Donagh already said is the uvf/lvf burying their differences with the murder of an innocent Catholic.  How many times have we witnessed that in the past.

If I was a taxi driver, I'd be careful of the faires I'd be going to pick up, another hallmark of loyalist murders in the north Armagh area.

The dogs on the street know who these people are, surely police intelligence does also, and I can't imagine too much public sympathy for them if they were rounded up tonight.  

Oraisteach

corn02

Oraisteach

Can you list any?  I'd like to read what people are saying.  If you don't want to, that's ok.

corn02

Quote from: Oraisteach on March 10, 2009, 12:49:12 AM
Can you list any?  I'd like to read what people are saying.  If you don't want to, that's ok.

I'd rather not, but a look on Northern Ireland soccer forums will give you an idea.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Oraisteach

Tyrones own

How times have changed.... there seems to be a one or two here seemingly "in the know" about who exactly is responsible for this,
there was a time not long ago when such loose talk would have gotten ye 7 days in Castlereagh to have that type of info beaten
out of ye, it's not like our alias' on this site are bullet proof  :-X but then going off some of the thinking here the top brass in British Intel
have been in the know  ...........all along :o
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Donagh

You only have to have been reading the local paper over the past few years to know who's behind it. Most of them have been lifted for other stuff in the same area.

Tyrones own

Yes and the fact that they're still on the street tells me they're probably offering or have done so in the past, some pretty good stuff themselves,
I've never seen it any other way..
Are there no balaclavas and baseball bats left behind from days of old around that sess pit that is Craigavon to eradicate this sort of shite ???
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Baile an tuaigh

What happened to that police man is a disgrace. Doesn't matter a bout his religious back ground thats no ones business. He's an Irish man. When the loyalists retaliate I hope they don't kill some fella heading to work with his bag of tools trying to make his mortgage payments (God knows they can be dopey that way). They can take it to these shit stirrers. That's if other Republican's don't beat them to it.

Donagh

Fella on Slugger saying he witnessed a car chase with at least one arrested. He's sending the video footage to the BBC:

http://sluggerotoole.com/index.php/weblog/comments/has-all-hell-broken-loose/P25/

JimStynes

Im in Australia at the minute and i could even take a good stab at telling you who was behind this. The police know who done this, lets hope they can get some evidence and put these dickheads in jail for good 'this time'.  Hearing the reports on Australian news today i couldn't believe that this has actually happened. I cant understand how these people think that this is going to help achieve a united Ireland. If this crap was to start again I think I will just stay on in Australia.

Lots of people from all over the world have been asking me what it was like in Northern Ireland these days and was there much trouble as they have always wanted to go to Ireland but where always to afraid. I was telling everyone to aye go see northern Ireland, its a really safe place, full of lovely friendly people and we need more tourists coming to see our country. What the f**k do I tell them now!

I am 24 and from the lurgan area so i was lucky enough not to have lived through the troubles in the 70s and 80s but like everyone else I lived through some scary moments in the 90s. I will never forget fear i had as a teenager whenever the Drumcree troubles were in full flow, my father and I had to go out to work at 4am and drive around some hardcore protestant areas constantly watching our backs and worrying about whether we were going to get the van taken off us and burned out or even worse, murdered. Do these people want these sort of dark days to return again!!

Lets hope and pray that these are 2 isolated incidents.