Dirty "O" bastards polluting our atmosphere!

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, July 03, 2008, 01:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

I know its a perennial question, but what do the intelligentsia on this board think of the annual bon fest that is the 11th of July?
Tbc....

ziggysego

Not as bad this year I believe. One could say they're going 'green' ;)
Testing Accessibility

Fishbat

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 03, 2008, 01:40:59 AM
I know its a perennial question, but what do the intelligentsia on this board think of the annual bon fest that is the 11th of July?

only makes loyalist areas look and smell like shitholes, so its all good

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Fishbat on July 03, 2008, 02:10:20 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 03, 2008, 01:40:59 AM

only makes loyalist areas look and smell like shitholes, so its all good

Ah but if your unlucky enough to live downwind from one of these environmental disasters you suffer just as much or worse.
Plus wherever they build these things, they try to locate them as close to the nearest nationalist area as possible.
Tbc....

downgirl

I think theres something now that they aren't allowed to put tyres on the bonfires, so that's something at least.

lfdown2

downgirl

I'm not totally sure about the details but I think its some like combined loyalist initiative with the council or environmental department or something.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: downgirl on July 03, 2008, 10:23:30 AM
I think theres something now that they aren't allowed to put tyres on the bonfires, so that's something at least.

If they agree not to use tyres, then local councils will pay them thousands of pounds of tax payers money - absolutely shocking, paying people not to intentionally pollute our environment!  >:(

Tbc....

his holiness nb

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 03, 2008, 10:54:13 AM
If they agree not to use tyres, then local councils will pay them thousands of pounds of tax payers money - absolutely shocking, paying people not to intentionally pollute our environment!  >:(

Surely this is a joke?  ???
Ask me holy bollix

ziggysego

I don't burn tyres,  do you think Omagh District Council will give me some money?
Testing Accessibility

An Fear Rua

Quote from: ziggysego on July 03, 2008, 11:05:37 AM

I don't burn tyres,  do you think Omagh District Council will give me some money?

Thats not what I heard, what about that recent speeding ticket?  ;)

as for Bonfires- Ive no prob with them per se, but no need for the heavy pollutant generating stuff like tyres, tricolours and pictures of Benedict.
Its Grim up North

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 03, 2008, 11:04:00 AM

Surely this is a joke?  ???

Absolutely not - it's scandelous.
And that money does not include the millions (of taxpayers money) spent every year in the clean-up!
Tbc....

EC Unique

I hear that one of the main bonfires in Belfast accidently caught fire last night and is no more :D :D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: EC Unique on July 03, 2008, 11:30:11 AM
I hear that one of the main bonfires in Belfast accidently caught fire last night and is no more :D :D

Aye up shawsbridge, traffic tailed back over a mile, 5 fire engines called to deal with, police called to redirect traffic, f**k these services could be much better used, and thats only one bonfire!  >:(
Tbc....