Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: sickboy on April 18, 2010, 05:25:52 PM
ballymacnab beat ballyhegan 1-16 to 3-08

Paddy O'Rourke in attendance to see young Rory Grugan have a stormer. A real prospect!

Paul McGrane again immence for Davitts, could still play Inter County!

mackers

How did Ronan Clarke get on in the Ogs match?
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

illdecide

Whitecross beat Clans by 5pts (as someone already stated) Whitecross started well and were 0-07 - 0-01 up halfway thru the 1st half, Clans upped their game and drew level at 0-07 each; then a further 2 pts at the end of the half had Whitecross going in 0-09 to 0-07. 2nd half Whitecross started the better and dominated most of the 2nd half, they scored point after point to lead 0-18 to 0-08 with 7 mins to go. Clans scored a good goal and a couple of pts to leave a 5pt win for Whitecross.

Clans kicked 10 wides in the 2nd half alone and def could have got a bit closer to Whitecross if they'd have had their shooting boots on in saying that Whitecross deserved to win, they have no superstars in their team but they all work hard for one another and i doubt very much that they'll be near the relegation fight come the end of the season. As for the Clans we were missing a few players (3) but we're def gonna have to roll the sleeves up a bit and dig deep, Cross on Fri night away but hopefully a better display from the Clans...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

border rabbit

With leagues now underway, anyone care to update their predictions for league and championship based on early form (only for fun mind you, i know things can change)

Div.1: Cross - win the league pulling up
Div.2: Granemore - should just get across the line
Div.3: Tullysarron - handed out 2 big hidings to big hopefuls in 3 already
Div.4 Cross II - depends if seniors need a hand   ;)

Senior C'ship: Cross to avenge last years hiccup
Intermediate: Hard to Know, Ballyhegan might give it a rattle.
Junior: Tullysarron - dead certs I would say (although see note Re Div.4 winners)

thewanderer

avenge last years hiccup. what a load of crap, ogs beat them fair and square and had been threatening for a number of years. if anything the ogs are stronger this year and cross are not with the retirements of the macs and jd. hopefully they will meet in the championship. bye bye rodger.

thewanderer

Quote from: mackers on April 19, 2010, 09:39:59 AM
How did Ronan Clarke get on in the Ogs match?
played the full game, a bit rusty but scored a couple of good points, set up a goal and created plenty of chances. he should be ok for his favourite ground on sunday.

illdecide

Quote from: thewanderer on April 19, 2010, 11:07:29 AM
avenge last years hiccup. what a load of crap, ogs beat them fair and square and had been threatening for a number of years. if anything the ogs are stronger this year and cross are not with the retirements of the macs and jd. hopefully they will meet in the championship. bye bye rodger.

Think i'd agree with ya wanderer
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

DuffleKing

Did Phillip Loughran transfer to the Ogs?

Onion Bag

No, Clady refused to sign the transfer form
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

bennydorano

Have to say I strongly agree with wanderer, what's there to fear anymore?  The physical aspect of Cross's game got them through an awful lot of games, with the Macs and Donaldson gone(anyone else?) that leaves a helluva hole to be filled.  They will still win Armagh champs, quite possibly even this year, but I think the worm has turned.  AK in MF yesterday will hardly scare anyone!!

IVEDECIDED

Wrong - it will scare Cross supporters!!

winsamsoon

Quote from: Onion Bag on April 19, 2010, 12:25:22 PM

Fair play to Clady at least someone is willing to make a stand against the glory hunters
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Skiddybadoo

Quote from: bennydorano on April 19, 2010, 01:21:47 PM
Have to say I strongly agree with wanderer, what's there to fear anymore?  The physical aspect of Cross's game got them through an awful lot of games, with the Macs and Donaldson gone(anyone else?) that leaves a helluva hole to be filled.  They will still win Armagh champs, quite possibly even this year, but I think the worm has turned.  AK in MF yesterday will hardly scare anyone!!

Has Francie retired?

Final Whistle

Quote from: winsamsoon on April 19, 2010, 01:40:41 PM
Quote from: Onion Bag on April 19, 2010, 12:25:22 PM

Fair play to Clady at least someone is willing to make a stand against the glory hunters

He will still betransferring-to Newry Shamrocks Im led to believe-hardly a team that will be experiencing glory any time soon. From what i hear across the peace line Clady dont field youth teams-is that correct???

crossfire

We haven't gone away you know.  ;)