Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crossfire

bennydorano

Dromintee 0-8 Harps 1-11
Things obviously are a bit amiss with Dromintee but Harps produced the best performance I have seen in a long long time, we really bossed the game from start to finish and although at 0-11 to 0-8 with about five minutes left I got that sinking feeling that Dromintee were going to sneak something from the game, it would have been an absolute travesty if they had.  We hit a fair amount of wides in both halves, it could have been a lot worse for Dromintee.

Unfair to single out indiviuals as we had stand out performers all over the pitch, but Gill was a rock at FB, Vernon, Nippy, McKinney and Holmes all stood out in the MF diamond area, Kevin Kelly won everything that came near him and was excellent with 1-7 (0-4fs & 1 sideline ball), but the MOTM had to be Jungle McKee who scored 0-2 from play(as a corner back- although given a free role) and was outstanding all over the pitch. Minnie and Sean Morrison got good points from play.

Not too many from Dromintee wanted to know, Michael O'Rourke their best performer by a long way, MOR worked hard as did Shannon. Thought O'Neill was anonymous, totally dominated by the Harps MF and well contained by Gill when moved to FF.

Harps Lined out
Dingle
Daly, Gill, Jungle
Chucky, Charlie, Grimes
PMcK & Holmes
Nippy, Minnie, Ebby
K Kelly, P Morrison, S Morrison

No subs used.

corn02

Things being amiss is no excuse Benny. Had to workin late so missed the match but by all accounts Harps outplayed us.

fcuksake

Harps played well, and 2 points we needed. Its difficult to realise how far back Dromintee have went. I know its only the league, but to be beat so easily on their own patch by a team that havent beat them for quite some time.

can any Harps remember the last tome we beat Dromintee??

ACL - Division One
TEAM P W D L Pts
Crossmaglen 6 5 1 0 11
St Patrick's 7 5 0 2 10
Culloville 6 4 1 1 9
Pearse Og 6 4 1 1 9
Mullaghbawn 6 3 1 2 7
Clan na Gael 7 2 2 3 6
Harps 7 2 2 3 6
Dromintee 7 2 1 4 5
Killeavey 7 1 0 6 2
Maghery 6 0 1 5 1 
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Rufus T Firefly

Thanks for the report Benny - sorry I missed the game but got a lot of detail of Egg and Jacko and will get a report of sorts up on our website. I honestly believe, outside of the St Pats and Cross games, that we should have won the rest, which would have left us comfortably placed. Well done to all concerned!

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: doire na raithe on May 19, 2008, 08:56:57 PM
Quote from: Aghdavoyle on May 19, 2008, 08:49:33 PM

Harps won easily by 6 o 7. should have been far more. dromintee are a bad division 2 team without aidan o'rourke

Dromintee have essentially been without Aidan O'Rourke for most of their league games for many years prior to Aidan being dropped from Armagh in 2006. They have rarely struggled during any of those years.

we had him all last year and finished second in the league. we haven't picked up a single point without him this year, in fact we've picked up only hidings in the games he hasn't played. we're in serious relegaton bother

winsamsoon

A mercenary is a person who takes part in an armed conflict (Armagh league and championships, plus closer to the sanger for the chucks) who is not a national or a party to the conflict and "is motivated to take part in the hostilities essentially by the desire for private gain (glory) and, in fact, is promised, by or on behalf of a Party to the conflict, material compensation substantially in excess of that promised or paid to combatants of similar ranks and functions in the armed forces of that Party" (All Irelands or championships). ;) ;)

I hope this answers your question crossfire:

I didn't have time to sit and spell check the original post but apologies if it threw you of the general point i was trying to make.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

corn02

Nonsense Agha. Since we have won the league we have been in relegation toruble nearly every year. We just don't play well in the league, and that has been the way of it for yearts.

Candyman

Quote from: Onion Bag on May 19, 2008, 03:56:30 PM
Quote from: Candyman on May 19, 2008, 08:46:36 AM
ARMAGH ALL-COUNTY LEAGUE TABLES AT SUNDAY 18 MAY 2008

ACL - Division One
TEAM P W D L Pts
Crossmaglen 6 5 1 0 11
St Patrick's 7 5 0 2 10
Culloville 6 4 1 1 9
Pearse Og 6 4 1 1 9
Mullaghbawn 6 3 1 2 7
Clan na Gael 7 2 2 3 6
Dromintee 6 2 1 3 5
Harps 6 1 2 3 4
Killeavey 7 1 0 6 2
Maghery 6 0 1 5 1

ACL - Division Two
TEAM P W D L Pts
St Michael's 7 5 0 2 10
Tir na nÓg 7 5 0 2 10
Sarsfields 7 5 0 2 10
Clann Eireann 6 4 0 2 8
Granemore 6 4 0 2 8
Ballymacnab 7 3 1 3 7
Carrickcruppen 7 3 1 3 7
Silverbridge 7 3 0 4 6
Wolfe Tones 7 3 0 4 6
An Port Mor 7 2 0 5 4
Keady 5 1 0 4 2
Whitecross 7 1 0 6 2

Candyman,

You dont have the tables fro div 3 & 4 by an chance?

ACL - Division Three
TEAM P W D L Pts
Collegeland 7 7 0 0 14
Madden 6 4 1 1 9
St Paul's 7 4 1 2 9
Belleek 7 4 1 2 9
Annaghmore 6 4 0 2 8
Lissummon 7 3 2 2 8
St Peter's 7 4 0 3 8
Ballyhegan 7 3 0 4 6
Clonmore 7 2 1 4 5
Grange 7 1 1 5 3
Tullysaran 7 1 0 6 2
Crossmaglen II 7 0 1 6 1

ACL - Division Four
TEAM P W D L Pts
Shane O'Neill's 6 6 0 0 12
Eire Og 6 5 0 1 10
Forkhill 7 4 0 3 8
Middletown 5 3 1 1 7
Derrynoose 5 3 0 2 6
O'Hanlon's 6 3 0 3 6
Clady 6 2 1 3 5
Corrinshego 6 2 0 4 4
Dorsey Emmett's 6 2 0 4 4
Mullaghbrack 7 2 0 5 4
Phelim Brady's 6 0 0 6 0

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: corn02 on May 20, 2008, 09:01:10 AM
Nonsense Agha. Since we have won the league we have been in relegation toruble nearly every year. We just don't play well in the league, and that has been the way of it for yearts.

Second in the league last year, 4th in 2006 and second in 2005.

This year

Maghery - struggled to beat possibly the worst team in the league
Mullaghbawn - Drew against a team with no forwards
Cullaville - hammered at home
Cullyhanna - hammered away
Clans - good performance and win away
Cross - hammered at home
Harps - well beaten at home

Uladh

Went up to the game last night and was quite impressed with the harps. much tighter at the back and much more direct than previous years i've seen them.
there's a lot to be said for these mid week games - there were a lot of neutrals at the game. saw a lot of killeavy, mullaghbawn and bridge lads there last night.

Big kelly can certainly dig the frees and his line ball was a hell of a kick. the big fella in the middle (McKinney?) fetched some super balls and swift was very dangerous throughout. the harps full back line was excellent - the full back in particular winning a lot of ball. harps number 4 was excellent breaking forward and had some turn of pace.

Dromintee were abysmal. how they were still in the game at half time is beyond me. they were never in the game. harps dominated the midfield and surrounding areas and only eddie martin was holding out at the back it could have been a masacre. harps also had a perfectly good goal ruled out for square ball in the first half. michael o'rourkes frees kept them in the game though he missed a sitter towards the end which meant 5-4 turned into 6-3 at half time.

second half was more of the same. dromintee had no posession and no threat up front when they did get upfield. again, only o'rourke's frees kept them in touch. they rallied a bit with 5 or 6 to go when 6 behind and pegged harps back to 3 points before a blooper from the dromintee keeper (not mcevoy) ended the game.

Only Shannon and michael o'rourke showed anything at all for dromintee but harps were well worth a 6 point win and then some.

Imposerous

Quote from: Uladh on May 20, 2008, 10:44:29 AM

the big fella in the middle (McKinney?) fetched some super balls

Perhaps my previous suggestion that Mckinney is one of the best fielders in the county isn't so outlandish as you inferred?

Is he anything to the Ogs keeper Mckinney – another family split a la the Grimleys?

doire na raithe

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on May 20, 2008, 10:23:58 AM
Quote from: corn02 on May 20, 2008, 09:01:10 AM

Second in the league last year, 4th in 2006 and second in 2005.

This year

Maghery - struggled to beat possibly the worst team in the league
Mullaghbawn - Drew against a team with no forwards
Cullaville - hammered at home
Cullyhanna - hammered away
Clans - good performance and win away
Cross - hammered at home
Harps - well beaten at home

Not to be pedantic Aghdavoyle but we finished third in the league last year. And we had to play those dreadful relegation playoff's in 2006 (with AOR involved in most of the games which, if won, could have avoided them) so we couldn't possibly have finished fourth.

Also we most certainly did not struggle against Maghery this year, I wouldn't call a five point win struggling?

Obviously we are a far better team with Aidan O'Rourke, that goes without saying, he's a class act who can control a game. But to say we are a bad division two team without him is extremely unfair and inaccurate. Last year was the first year in many that Aidan O'Rourke was involved in the whole league campaign.

... So if we are a poor division two team without him then how have we managed to stay up all those years without him?

Real1995

The division one table is stil wrong,when is sum1 goin2 but up the correct one.  Mullaghbawn have played 7games to date
Nice guys always finish second!

winsamsoon

Are their points the same Real or should they be higher ???
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.