Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

How'd his Antrim club team management go? Had he had any involvement with his own club ? Or is it just with other counties clubs that are willing to pay?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hectic

MR2 I would be of the impression that he is very much motivated by ambition rather than money.

Stillwater2

If memory serves me right he took his own club once injury vut his playing career short. He managed against my own club a few years ago.

Wonder if any of the 2 other candidates had reps at Dunsilly hotel on Monday night at 7pm like Bannside was? A non elected rep on County Exec??? But did not attemd county comm meeting? All v v strange

bannside

A non elected rep on county executive??? This is hilarious.

MR2, John did manage his club, coming in the year after myself, to replace a duo who had lost the first five games, and got us to a promotion situation which we declined in favour of staying down for a year as the club was in transition.

It comes across a bit like you are trying to discredit him in some way, that that might give Lenny some advantage. Can we not just agree that they are both good candidates without going down that road. I mean Lenny has the gig. No one is disputing that at this stage....even John will wish Lenny all the best.

Milltown Row2

I'm not discrediting anyone nor did I come on complaining about candidates putting their names forward, I also didn't complain about the selection process or discredit it...I haven't even discredited the candidates I merely asked about the amazing backroom team and professional set up that was involved, seems now we'll never know.. you on the other hand seem very annoyed it didn't go your way, I get that clubman you know his strengths and so forth but all this seems to me like sour grapes and others claiming all (was the word used) he panel will be disappointed cause Lenny is the manager and players threatening to not play!

So I'm confused as to where this notion of me running the man down came from, I'm merely asking his background, especially with Antrim players as that's what we have got to play with, not Derry or Tyrone club teams
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 30, 2017, 08:58:57 AM
How'd his Antrim club team management go? Had he had any involvement with his own club ? Or is it just with other counties clubs that are willing to pay?

The last question is clearly a dig. No?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 30, 2017, 11:09:05 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 30, 2017, 08:58:57 AM

The last question is clearly a dig. No?

A dig at getting paid? I'd expect most clubs to pay travel expenses when you are coming from another county 3 times a week

imtommygunn

Why the reference to "other counties" in the question then?

JimStynes

This is a disaster! Antrim will never change.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 30, 2017, 11:14:27 AM
Why the reference to "other counties" in the question then?

There are managers who do the circuits (certainly I've seen ones from my own club do it) going from club to club gaining experience and a few pound along the way I've always had a view on it, be hard to resist an extra wage to look after a team,
I wouldn't say he's a mercenary as Hetic had pointed he's doing cause he loves it... it's just if i had a successful manager like him with his backroom team at my club I'd be chomping at the bit to get him to manage his own club!

Na Glinntí Glasa

i think i had my fingers crossed for the entire game last night. I would say Moneyglass will be kicking themselves after that second half as they started really well and had us pinned back big time, our passing up front was bad for a long period but that being said we got the scores when they counted and got over the line.

2 finals in a row is a great achievement when you consider we were in Div 3 when the current management took over.

the minors are in the B semi final on Sunday so it would be great for the club to keep the success going
hurl like f**k boi!

bannside

I said ALL players want to see a strong backroom team. Yes that's correct. That's NOT to be mixed up with all players are anti Lenny. Please separate this in your thought process.

YES, the vast majority of SW based players of county standard wanted John. A really strong SW candidate and bringing a very strong backroom team. Aware that SW teams cleaned up all the championships last year. Aware that the SW NEVER HAD A SENIOR MANAGER didnt help things either. Now that John didn't get the job, players are wanting to see that calibre matched in Lennys backroom staff. That's all.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on September 30, 2017, 11:43:15 AM
I said ALL players want to see a strong backroom team. Yes that's correct. That's NOT to be mixed up with all players are anti Lenny. Please separate this in your thought process.

YES, the vast majority of SW based players of county standard wanted John. A really strong SW candidate and bringing a very strong backroom team. Aware that SW teams cleaned up all the championships last year. Aware that the SW NEVER HAD A SENIOR MANAGER didnt help things either. Now that John didn't get the job, players are wanting to see that calibre matched in Lennys backroom staff. That's all.

One swallow doesn't make a summer, I'm sure to a lot of people's disappointment that hasn't happened this year, with Sarsfields screwing that up, Cargin are a shoe in for the senior and the intermediate could go either way..

the team is made up of Antrim men not SW men last time I looked, the selection process that happened before isn't what happened this time round, been chairman from the SW for a long time so wasn't like he'd have favoured Belfast men... the SW paranoia is in overdrive at the minute and you are hell bent on backroom teams and yet to say what John's was?

bannside

Yea DR good game last night. Nothing between the teams and went right to the wire. Looking forward to the senior semis today and tomorrow, all four teams making quietly confident noises, so all to play for.

bannside

Trust me MR2 on two counts. 1.Johns backroom team was top top class. 2. It won't be in the overall best interest to go into that detail here, and that's the third time I have alluded to this.

I remain a proud Antrim man, despite having a disappointing week, and don't plan to put added pressure on a situation which can hopefully be resolved if/when the details of Lennys backroom team is finally announced.