A United Ireland. Opening up the discussion.

Started by winghalfback, May 27, 2015, 03:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Because his mind is stuck in an outdated Unionist mantra of "Free State bad N.I good".
God help him.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

T Fearon

Yawn.If you could read,you would see constantly my point is,that neither part of Ireland is economically viable without the support of the UK and EU.

Hence the South shitting themselves over the prospect of Brexit.A truly independent country would not worry what a neighbouring country does,except it was threatening an invasion

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on September 16, 2017, 12:44:32 AM
Yawn.If you could read,you would see constantly my point is,that neither part of Ireland is economically viable without the support of the UK and EU.

Your "point" is unsubstantiated nonsense.

QuoteHence the South shitting themselves over the prospect of Brexit.A truly independent country would not worry what a neighbouring country does,except it was threatening an invasion

Even if you own your own house, you don't want bowsies living next door.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

vallankumous

Quote from: T Fearon on September 15, 2017, 07:32:29 PM
We are not arguing about those countries.My contention is simply the inability of Ireland,North or South,or together,to be truly independent,sovereign and economically viable.For fifty years this was attempted in the South but miserably failed.Even in the boom years the Republic still went bankrupt.

Sweden,Norway etc are the models of independent nations which sadly Ireland cannot match.

Which Countries are we arguing about?

Neither of those are comparable. Nor are the independent.
Sweden are EU members.
Norway are members of the EEC and Schengen.
Even though Norway have a huge economic base in oil they are still not independent.

punt kick

Quote from: armaghniac on September 16, 2017, 12:54:13 AM

Your "point" is unsubstantiated nonsense.

QuoteHence the South shitting themselves over the prospect of Brexit.A truly independent country would not worry what a neighbouring country does,except it was threatening an invasion

Even if you own your own house, you don't want bowsies living next door.

With all the chic liberals on this board, they wouldn't care who was next door, live and let live.  Oh wait they are all full of shite and would care immensely but not on a discussion board.  ::)

heganboy

Yawn.If you could read,you would see

Double yawn, if you could read and understand perhaps your point wouldn't be completely wrong. You are talking complete and utter nonsense dressing it up as educated conjecture.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

T Fearon

Look,shortly a border will be imposed on the island of Ireland against the wishes of the electorate and majority of politicians North and South.This border defying the democratic wishes of the people North and South is a direct result of the North's subjugation to the UK and the South's to the EU.Thus explodes the myth of any part of Ireland being independent.

The North has been dependent on British subventions since the demise of its legendary manufacturing industries,ship building and linen etc.

Similarly in the South,its attempt at independence,since partition until EEC membership in 1973 was a huge failure resulting in record levels of emigration etc.

Ireland North and South is not independent,and a United Ireland would not be independent either.

Rossfan

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzźzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Eamonnca1

Christ. If in doubt, just say "look" and repeat your defeated points again and again.

I'm out.

screenexile

The Taoiseach has come out and said that he doesn't believe a border poll of 50% plus one should be enough for a United Ireland.

What do we think??

general_lee

Quote from: screenexile on October 17, 2017, 11:35:46 AM
The Taoiseach has come out and said that he doesn't believe a border poll of 50% plus one should be enough for a United Ireland.

What do we think??
He's moving the goalposts

Hereiam

JohnDenver

Quote from: screenexile on October 17, 2017, 11:35:46 AM

What do we think??

Would 50% plus one have been enough to pass the same sex marriage in the south back in 2015?

I know it passed by more than that in the finish up.

Denn Forever

Look at the problems that a 52-48% vote is causng for Brexit.  No matter what the vote is somebody will complain.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Eamonnca1

The handover of Hong Kong and Macau back to China offers lessons for the future reunification of Ireland.

http://www.forasach.ie/2017/10/13/china-hong-kong-handover-ireland/