Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

I think you make a key point there about the run by running club thing. Lisburn is run by a council and is ultimately a money making venture. It is a good event but running clubs generally have a finer attention to knowing,and caring, what it takes to having make a good event.

I think Hamilton was injured last year. I think he has moved down to newry as I see him advertising his business there so he'd be more likely to be running his races round border territory these days.

Bingo

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 18, 2015, 12:05:11 PM
I think you make a key point there about the run by running club thing. Lisburn is run by a council and is ultimately a money making venture. It is a good event but running clubs generally have a finer attention to knowing,and caring, what it takes to having make a good event.

I think Hamilton was injured last year. I think he has moved down to newry as I see him advertising his business there so he'd be more likely to be running his races round border territory these days.

Yeah that's very true, can be the finer points that people take away with them. I know our lads 10miler is coming up and a big effort is put into the after race actviities - showers, medal, finish line photos, massage, music and "the spread"!

This year is our 5th year doing the 5km in December and we hoping to invite the previous winners back - Daragh Rennicks (was in US on scholarship), Daragh Greene, Paddy Hamilton and Conor Duffy. Be a great race between them 5 if its possible. 

CD

Didn't do Lisburn this year - too busy at work. Heard a few horror stories re. Parking and water there today. Was also told that it was a really flat course!

Mo Farrah stories not looking good today. Hard not to feel suspicious!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

muppet

Doing the Docklands run this evening.

Not optimistic of a good time but hoping to break 25 mins for the first time this year, maybe.

MWWSI 2017

heffo

Quote from: muppet on June 18, 2015, 04:42:34 PM
Doing the Docklands run this evening.

Not optimistic of a good time but hoping to break 25 mins for the first time this year, maybe.

Nice evening for it - should be a good one

imtommygunn

Quote from: CD on June 18, 2015, 04:38:49 PM
Didn't do Lisburn this year - too busy at work. Heard a few horror stories re. Parking and water there today. Was also told that it was a really flat course!

Salazar wrote a paper years ago about how to beat the africans. It entailed performance enhancements. Can't for the life of me find it now but i mind it well. Looks ominous for him.

Also shows you the way the world has went when these guys now have to prove themselves innocent.

The top end stuff can be hard to take seriously. The 100 metres is a farce now. Sounds more like the tour de france scenario every day where they were all at it.

Good luck muppet. Just pretend the guy in front of you said coc i s rubbish ;D

muppet

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 18, 2015, 05:55:14 PM

Salazar wrote a paper years ago about how to beat the africans. It entailed performance enhancements. Can't for the life of me find it now but i mind it well. Looks ominous for him.

Also shows you the way the world has went when these guys now have to prove themselves innocent.

The top end stuff can be hard to take seriously. The 100 metres is a farce now. Sounds more like the tour de france scenario every day where they were all at it.

Good luck muppet. Just pretend the guy in front of you said coc i s rubbish ;D

If that happens I'll be the first fella black carded in 5k!
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Two hills, one at the start and one at the end... The rest was grand.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

muppet

Under 24:20 reasonably happy.

My mate from Ballaghy (Mayo supporter though 😀) beat me though the bollix.
MWWSI 2017

laoislad

Quote from: muppet on June 18, 2015, 09:57:00 PM
Under 24:20 reasonably happy.

My mate from Ballaghy (Mayo supporter though 😀) beat me though the bollix.
Good man. Nice evening for it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Anyone doing the Irish Runner 5 mile on Saturday?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

Quote from: laoislad on June 22, 2015, 11:18:26 PM

I thought about it when I saw this, but entries are closed since the 12th June!

I was planning on maybe a park run next Saturday, but if there was an entry going I might be able to go.
MWWSI 2017

heffo

Quote from: muppet on June 23, 2015, 12:29:58 PM

I was planning on maybe a park run next Saturday, but if there was an entry going I might be able to go.

Was hoping for same myself

Bingo

Every target race I've set this year has seemed to be missed for one reason or other, be it injury/illness or other events.

Thought I'd have a half and a few 10k's under the belt at this stage.

None the less, good amount of running under the belt and got 35miles in last week with a 13m run on Sunday.

Great out in that weather early morning or late evening but you can feel the effort levels increasing in the heat.

muppet

Quote from: heffo on June 23, 2015, 01:13:51 PM
Quote from: muppet on June 23, 2015, 12:29:58 PM

Was hoping for same myself

I hope to do the Clontarf 1/2 marathon on the 4th July.
MWWSI 2017