Cavan    3    0    0    3    -10    0

Some big games in the next round of fixtures

Dublin v Mayo

Tyrone v Monaghan

Galway v Kerry

Cavan v Roscommon

lenny

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 10, 2019, 05:06:26 PM
Just saw Morgan's equalising point. What an effort. Get him into the HB line!

Shite performance over though, early days yet so hopefully it's a case of not putting a massive effort into the league.

He should be ashamed of himself for his antics at the end. Deliberately sticks his knee on the back of the Roscommon forwards head and then when he's pushed in the chest he goes down holding his face as if he's been hit. Shameful behaviour but I'm sure some of the Tyrone fans on here will stick up for him and won't see any issues with it.

Itchy

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 10, 2019, 07:10:59 PM
Table heading into the 2 week break

Mayo    3    3    0    0    15    6

Kerry    3    3    0    0    8    6

Galway    3    2    0    1    -8    4

Roscommon   3    1    1    1    1    3

Dublin    3    1    0    2    7    2

Monaghan    3    1    0    2    0    2

Tyrone    3    0    1    2    -13    1

Cavan    3    0    0    3    -10    0

Some big games in the next round of fixtures

Dublin v Mayo

Tyrone v Monaghan

Galway v Kerry

Cavan v Roscommon

If Cavan could beat Roscommon and Tyrone beat Monaghan it would really make the bottom interesting!

twohands!!!

Quote from: Godsown on February 10, 2019, 04:19:42 PM
Can't wait to see this guy Conor Cox in the flesh. Not only is he really a Kerry man but according to Frankie Dolan on the wireless this afternoon he has 2 great left feet as well!

Does this make him a good dancer or a bad dancer?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: ONeill on February 10, 2019, 03:56:31 PM
Can't believe Roscommon didn't beat a Tyrone side in complete disarray.
But for Morgan's sly knee and silly reaction by Harney Tyrone would have lost. Roscommon i might add were the ones in disarray. Well beaten in all super 8 matches,manager walked and have lost a number of starters due to travel,retirement and injury.

Result of the day was that away win for Galway, Kevin Walsh has played a blinder to the media about the injury crisis when about 9 of today's team will likely start come championship time and regardless what players Galway are missing they stick to their system which has produced just two league defeats in two years and both of those defeats was against Dublin.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: lenny on February 10, 2019, 07:11:54 PM

Shite performance over though, early days yet so hopefully it's a case of not putting a massive effort into the league.

He should be ashamed of himself for his antics at the end. Deliberately sticks his knee on the back of the Roscommon forwards head and then when he's pushed in the chest he goes down holding his face as if he's been hit. Shameful behaviour but I'm sure some of the Tyrone fans on here will stick up for him and won't see any issues with it.

lenny now thinks we're certs to stay up, sláinte ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Main Street

That's preposterous,  a utopian request. Feeling shame is not an option. Reaping great reward from face clutching antics is the stuff that merdals of honour are awarded for in Tyrone.

tonto1888

Quote from: Main Street on February 10, 2019, 07:57:34 PM

That's preposterous,  a utopian request. Feeling shame is not an option. Reaping great reward from face clutching antics is the stuff that merdals of honour are awarded for in Tyrone.

Not just Tyrone. Clare number 2 was at it last week. Probably see it in a lot of games

Itchy

Bradshaw did it for galway near end if match today, his was so pathetic it was a full 10 seconds after the "contact"

seafoid

Dubs playing it very cute in the 5 in a row attempt. Lose a few league matches optionally so no need to bother with a league final. Leave a few crumbs for striving Kerry or rebuilding Mayo, god love them. Put the media off the trail in April/May

An easy run through Leinster without breaking sweat and 3 super 8 matches to fine tune the machine
And then see if anyone has closed the gap.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on February 10, 2019, 08:22:25 PM
Dubs playing it very cute in the 5 in a row attempt. Lose a few league matches optionally so no need to bother with a league final. Leave a few crumbs for striving Kerry or rebuilding Mayo, god love them. Put the media off the trail in April/May

An easy run through Leinster without breaking sweat and 3 super 8 matches to fine tune the machine
And then see if anyone has closed the gap.

+1 plus finding new talent along the way
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mayo.mick

mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 10, 2019, 07:50:35 PM
But for Morgan's sly knee and silly reaction by Harney Tyrone would have lost. Roscommon i might add were the ones in disarray. Well beaten in all super 8 matches,manager walked and have lost a number of starters due to travel,retirement and injury.

Result of the day was that away win for Galway, Kevin Walsh has played a blinder to the media about the injury crisis when about 9 of today's team will likely start come championship time and regardless what players Galway are missing they stick to their system which has produced just two league defeats in two years and both of those defeats was against Dublin.

I think it'll be more like 6 or 7 will be starting but it's hard to tell this far out with form and injury playing a large part. Lavelle, Kerin, Bradshaw (might hang in there for another year), Heaney, Flynn, Walsh. Maybe Kelly. Maybe Cooke. But they could as easily be on the bench.

I don't think Duggan will be starting. Or O'Donnell. If everyone was available. On the plus side the Daly's made a surprise come back today having not even played for NUIG for a month.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 10, 2019, 08:38:02 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 10, 2019, 07:50:35 PM

I think it'll be more like 6 or 7 will be starting but it's hard to tell this far out with form and injury playing a large part. Lavelle, Kerin, Bradshaw (might hang in there for another year), Heaney, Flynn, Walsh. Maybe Kelly. Maybe Cooke. But they could as easily be on the bench.

I don't think Duggan will be starting. Or O'Donnell. If everyone was available. On the plus side the Daly's made a surprise come back today having not even played for NUIG for a month.

Walsh is full of surprises, keeps all guessing including his own supporters.

Rossfan

Well that was a bolx at the end today as the blind Ulster officials combined to ensure dirt by Morgan went unpunished while a naive reaction by our man resulted in the free being overturned.
Anyway such is GAAlife.
A heroic battling backs to the wall performance by our lads in the 2nd half and did well to prevent Tyrone going on to win it.
Great block by young Lyons to save the day.
Some excellent points by us in our purple patch before half time.

At least we didn't concede 4-24,.
If someone told me before Christmas that we'd be disappointed to draw with Tyrone, would beat Monaghan and coulda mighta have drawn with Mayowestros , would concede 2-31 in 3 games and would have an organised defensive structure.....I'd have said give me some of your tablets.

Shows what happens when you have a Manager.
2 months of Cunningham - 3 years his predecessor.
Compare and contrast.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM