Predictions for the weekend ?

Dublin  v Galway
Ros v Monaghan
Cavan v Kerry
Tyrone v Mayo
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyCake

Quote from: Rossfan on January 30, 2019, 02:04:51 PM
Thankfully you and the baying mob aren't in charge of disciplinary issues.

It's not a Roscommon thing. Any player who does it, 1 year.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: seafoid on January 30, 2019, 02:36:17 PM
Predictions for the weekend ?

Dublin  v Galway
Ros v Monaghan
Cavan v Kerry
Tyrone v Mayo
I'm going for the four favourites: Dublin/Monakhan/Kerry/Tyrone.  Almost a 3/1 accumulator.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: JoG2 on January 30, 2019, 02:06:44 PM

Will say no more, you Rossie's are hitting it out of the park all by yourselves.

For a northern man you are more concerned about this than any Mayo poster is on here. The CCCC studied the video evidence and delivered their verdict and punishment. Onto to round 2 now where I think Monaghan,Kerry,Dublin should win and Mayo Tyrone could be a draw.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 30, 2019, 02:23:48 PM
Quote from: Manning18 on January 30, 2019, 01:29:43 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 30, 2019, 01:03:36 PM
Quote from: Duine Eile on January 29, 2019, 04:49:12 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 29, 2019, 01:17:34 PM
Couldn't make the game but did Galway make use of the mark at all against Cavan?

Not really, I think Cunningham might have caught one but played on, can't be certain. If he did it was by accident rather than any plan. Comer is made for the mark but doesn't look like we'll be paying much heed to it whenever he's back.

No point in putting any effort into it considering it won't be around come championship.

There were 3 or 4 clear mark's by Galway that the ref didnt blow for. It's like he wasnt aware of the rule, although he may just not have whistled in play on opportunities such as Heaney's goal chance. Cooke was attempting to "play quarterback" and set up marks with kicks in but badly misjudged them on a couple of occasions straight to defenders. Comer/Burke, with Conroy providing, would look made for winning marks but as you say i'd say Walsh has put zero stock on the new rules with championship getting the full focus this year

I like Cooke but he gives the ball away too easily, I've seen him kick scores with both feet from huge distances but then again I've seen him miss right in front of the posts like he did against Kerry last July. Playing Sigerson is getting in the way too. Kieran Molloy too can be a bit wasteful in possession too, needs to cut that out as he's got every attribute to be a brilliant wing back.

Cooke is super talented. Can fetch high ball and kick huge points with both feet. Fairly mobile too. Can get up and down the field. Just a bit lax at times with his distribution but easy to forget that these are still young lads and have a few rough edges to knock off yet.

I think his ceiling is probably higher than any other Galway midfielder because of his natural ability. I mean Tom Flynn (who has been great the past year) can't kick scores like Cooke can. Just up to him to put in the work now.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 30, 2019, 04:37:26 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 30, 2019, 02:23:48 PM
Quote from: Manning18 on January 30, 2019, 01:29:43 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 30, 2019, 01:03:36 PM
Quote from: Duine Eile on January 29, 2019, 04:49:12 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 29, 2019, 01:17:34 PM
Couldn't make the game but did Galway make use of the mark at all against Cavan?

Not really, I think Cunningham might have caught one but played on, can't be certain. If he did it was by accident rather than any plan. Comer is made for the mark but doesn't look like we'll be paying much heed to it whenever he's back.

No point in putting any effort into it considering it won't be around come championship.

There were 3 or 4 clear mark's by Galway that the ref didnt blow for. It's like he wasnt aware of the rule, although he may just not have whistled in play on opportunities such as Heaney's goal chance. Cooke was attempting to "play quarterback" and set up marks with kicks in but badly misjudged them on a couple of occasions straight to defenders. Comer/Burke, with Conroy providing, would look made for winning marks but as you say i'd say Walsh has put zero stock on the new rules with championship getting the full focus this year

I like Cooke but he gives the ball away too easily, I've seen him kick scores with both feet from huge distances but then again I've seen him miss right in front of the posts like he did against Kerry last July. Playing Sigerson is getting in the way too. Kieran Molloy too can be a bit wasteful in possession too, needs to cut that out as he's got every attribute to be a brilliant wing back.

Cooke is super talented. Can fetch high ball and kick huge points with both feet. Fairly mobile too. Can get up and down the field. Just a bit lax at times with his distribution but easy to forget that these are still young lads and have a few rough edges to knock off yet.

I think his ceiling is probably higher than any other Galway midfielder because of his natural ability. I mean Tom Flynn (who has been great the past year) can't kick scores like Cooke can. Just up to him to put in the work now.

I agree although I'm a huge fan of D'Arcy too, he's 2 younger than Cooke and and is more mobile although not as tall. Midfield was a huge problem for Galway a few years ago but now have plenty of options. Flynn has really improved the last 12 months and his performances have become very consistent, when you look at that goal against Kerry in 2014 he just doesn't do enough of that.

Main Street

Quite so,  a one match ban v Monaghan and available for last 5 games sounds about right to me.

manfromdelmonte

You cannot give one player a ban for doing something and then not examine other incidents in the same game

whitey

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 30, 2019, 06:51:03 PM
You cannot give one player a ban for doing something and then not examine other incidents in the same game

Agreed. I heard from someone who was there that AOS was getting belted off the ball all night long

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: whitey on January 30, 2019, 07:15:19 PM

Agreed. I heard from someone who was there that AOS was getting belted off the ball all night long
some fella called Leroy was at his usual antics too, I heard

Farrandeelin

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 30, 2019, 07:22:29 PM

Which was What? ::)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

MayoBuck

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 30, 2019, 07:34:43 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 30, 2019, 07:22:29 PM

Which was What? ::)

Being molested by the Roscommon wing forward all through the first half.

giveballaghback

Wing forward molesting leeroy ;D as elmer fudd said it aint no fun when the wabbitt gets the gun.

Rossfan

Quote from: giveballaghback on January 30, 2019, 08:22:02 PM
Wing forward molesting leeroy ;D as elmer fudd said it aint no fun when the wabbitt gets the gun.

:) :D ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

JoG2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 30, 2019, 04:06:02 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 30, 2019, 02:06:44 PM

Will say no more, you Rossie's are hitting it out of the park all by yourselves.

For a northern man you are more concerned about this than any Mayo poster is on here. The CCCC studied the video evidence and delivered their verdict and punishment. Onto to round 2 now where I think Monaghan,Kerry,Dublin should win and Mayo Tyrone could be a draw.

GAA man, doesn't matter a jot what part I live in