NFL Division 1 2019 Dubs again?

Started by Dire Ear, November 26, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oliverkelly

Quote from: JoG2 on January 26, 2019, 10:47:27 PM
Huge credit to both teams for a serious battle in attrocious conditions, conditions which make the game a bit of a lottery. Its funny reading posts and the sheer bias for or against a certain county is plain to see. The ref didn't overly 'ride' either team imo. Both teams were cynical at times, players from both over carried at times etc etc...,

Is there a specific ban for an eye gouge does anyone know? D Smith deserves a very hefty ban for that carryon, nasty.
Dont know what game you were observing if you think ref made bade decisions for both sides that wasnt the case what so ever one side clearly got a helping hand by the ref.
On the gouging deserves a long ban not a nice action but similar imcidents like donaghy and mcmahon got off for simular incidents so be interesting see the outcome during the week

Mayo4Sam

Great goal by Reape, especially with the Roscommon Messi hanging out of him.

Awful conditions, really awful, hard to describe how bad
The final score certainly gave it a gloss for Roscommon that wasn't there in person, they are headed straight down if this is anything to go by.
First half they had nobody to shoot from distance like Doc did in the second half. Smith missed some awful handy frees when there were other lads looking to take them.
Mayo won the game in two spells, the first in the first half when they held the ball for a solid five minutes, great skill in awful conditions. Without ever threatening to score keeping the ball was enough.
For 10 minutes in the second half they swarmed the middle, won dirty ball and got the scores to go ahead.

The eye gouge may not have been intentional. There's certainly a case for that.

Not sure what match the rossies on here were watching, maybe it looked different on the telly
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Blowitupref

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 26, 2019, 11:23:12 PM
Great goal by Reape, especially with the Roscommon Messi hanging out of him.

Awful conditions, really awful, hard to describe how bad
The final score certainly gave it a gloss for Roscommon that wasn't there in person, they are headed straight down if this is anything to go by.
First half they had nobody to shoot from distance like Doc did in the second half. Smith missed some awful handy frees when there were other lads looking to take them.
Mayo won the game in two spells, the first in the first half when they held the ball for a solid five minutes, great skill in awful conditions. Without ever threatening to score keeping the ball was enough.
For 10 minutes in the second half they swarmed the middle, won dirty ball and got the scores to go ahead.

The eye gouge may not have been intentional. There's certainly a case for that.

Not sure what match the rossies on here were watching, maybe it looked different on the telly
I recall at least two of their first half scores as long distance ones however only scoring 5 times from 14 attempts 1st half proved costly not to mention the open goal chance kicked wide.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Good competitive tough game in absolutely appalling conditions.
Mayowestros were better at scoring than we were :o which was the deciding factor.
Mind you it also helped that they had the vast majority of the possession.
Our new found meanness and hardness got another outing as did our new defensive organised game plan.
I believe we only had 4 of the Connacht Final team on duty yet we still put it up to them and lost due to an appallingly illegal goal -15 steps, 20.....?

While the supporters may feel positive enough with the attitude and performance no doubt management will be looking at the many things we got wrong and will set about righting them.
Which is what management is all about.

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

TheMaster

10 steps allowed for mayo players
Considering the strength of the two teams I would have thought mayo would win that easier

Farrandeelin

There were a number of times Roscommon players took more than 4 steps last night too.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Most players of all teams do but that episode leading to the goal was appalling.

Mayo4Sam

No comment from the rossies on yer wing forwards constant, and I mean constant, provoking of Keegan for the nite? Maybe if he spent time playing even a little bit of football ye'd do better.
I'm sure Rudi or some other lad will come back with "well there was two of them at it", there wasn't, it was him solidly for the first half trying to get a rise out of Keegan, right in front of the linesman too. If Keegan has reacted the same linesman would have been straight up with the flag
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Rossfan

Arrah Boo Hoo .
I suspect Keegan has had much worse to deal with in training.
And how many times did "Leroy" turn round and keep pushing little Kilroy in the chest".

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on January 27, 2019, 01:06:23 PM
Arrah Boo Hoo .
I suspect Keegan has had much worse to deal with in training.
And how many times did "Leroy" turn round and keep pushing little Kilroy in the chest".

;D he was trying to push the little buckeen out of the way.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Schkite

No changes to the Monaghan team, very unlike Malachy. I definitely expected McManus to come in anyway, big day for the younger forwards like Bannigan and Garland to step up.

SouthDublinBro

Quality goal. There will be a few red cards for the Monaghan boys today if Mcgoldrick does his job properly.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Blowitupref

Good open game of football the ref not having his best of games but at least he is letting it flow.  HT Monaghan 0-8 Dublin 1-7
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Hound

Both black cards very harsh. Not deliberate pull downs, so yellow was appropriate colour.
Although I would have allowed the McCarron goal.
Monaghan did very well to get right back into the game after a very good opening quarter from the Dubs.