Ballaghaderreen - what is the gig?

Started by Aaron Boone, May 11, 2012, 10:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

3 years ago Kilkenny would have landed us on our backsides as we had our "2010 year".
We'll see how the Summer turns out all in good time
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Black Mamba

Quote from: larryin89 on April 10, 2015, 10:59:36 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on April 10, 2015, 10:44:38 PM
The current Ballagh Senior Panel hasn't one player imo who would get on the Roscommon senior panel, apart from a fit Andy Moran at a push. Yet go a couple of miles out the Dublin road and you find Western Gaels who currently supply Cathal Cregg, Kevin Higgins, Seanie Mc Dermott, Ciaran Cafferky and Donal Ward. Enough said.

I don't care for the Ballagh argument it's done to death in here and elsewhere , my nearest town down home is Ballagh and I'm often in it and nobody talks about it like is done in here , honestly it's not a topic other than maybe after a Mayo v Ross game with a dozen pints swallowed.

Getting back to your post shrewdness , I honestly think Ye are getting carried away with yourselves but if the truth be known that suits me fine. The players you mention have never made an impression in a match against Mayo and to add to that all these young meneen like murtaghs , smiths etc albeit they are admittedly progressing well they have not being tested at the top level . That will be your ultimate test in about 14/15 weeks time against Galway or Mayo in the connacht final.

These promised revolutions can often end up being an almighty anti climax . Like I said I know a lot of Rossies and it wasn't that long ago ,they were Rubin the hands together at the prospect of beating Galway in hyde park , was it 3 years ago I think and Galway came out of the blocks and landed ye on yer backsides .
The Newton era, thankfully a brief one, was one of regression not revolution alas. Took a year for Evans to get them back on track after that. I've no doubt that Murtagh will make more than his mark against at the top level but you'll see that for yourself in July ;) That is of course on the assumption we reach the Connacht Final, which we should.

Rossfan

Will Mayowestros make the Connacht final though?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Black Mamba

Quote from: Rossfan on April 11, 2015, 12:02:14 AM
Will Mayowestros make the Connacht final though?
If Galway can sort our their defensive woes they certainly have the firepower to topple Mayo.

larryin89

Well that's  going to be the test , very hard to be overly confident but it's also equally as hard to not believe we will be in fair shape to retain the nestor cup . Despite all the negatives that came with some of the league performances and the humiliation by the dubs , there was also some great spells in games that showed me we are far from finished as a unit yet .

When you look at both Galway and roscommon from a Mayo perspective , I'm no expert but I can even see where we can still boss them and push on but like ye have said the summer will tell us a lot , we can only speculate .

If there is any truth in the rumour that Cillian will play no part in 15, we are in trouble .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

sans pessimism

Jeez,I know ya didn't start the rumour Larry,but take it as read that Cillian will be togged in June.
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

larryin89

Quote from: sans pessimism on April 11, 2015, 12:29:01 AM
Jeez,I know ya didn't start the rumour Larry,but take it as read that Cillian will be togged in June.

Sound, I'm a sucker for the rumours tbh but it was being whispered round Castlebar before the Donegal game . Is it just a Mayo thing or do people in other counties be at the same craic ,,for as long as I can remember it's being happening in Mayo , rumour after rumour . In the ear stuff like " I was chattin his father lasht noite , it's not good ooooh boy it's not good"

Syferus

Picking up injuries at a worrying rate is the young lad.

rrhf

Can the gaa in croke park not step in and resolve this issue. It seems to be a huge mental stumbling block for roscommon gaa. How can roscommon football achieve any success with this huge unresolved problem eating away at them.

muppet

Quote from: giveballaghback on April 10, 2015, 07:09:44 PM
This little country of ours has always had landlords, gombeen men, tans, and land grabbers, Mayo qualify on a few of those fronts.

The spectacular stupidity of your name makes this sort of post fantastically funny. World class-fantastically funny.

A landlord moved Ballagh into Ros. Now if you want to give it 'back' then I am sure we can all come to an agreement. No one in Mayo will object.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

rrhf

Yes and would Andy moran even make the roscommon team

larryin89

Quote from: rrhf on April 11, 2015, 08:09:36 AM
Yes and would Andy moran even make the roscommon team

Well he's not going to make the Mayo team now anyway, dropped off the panel yesterday evening , massive brawl then, Connellly got a busted lip from Colm Boyle , Dillon jumped on top of Holmes held him down whilst Aido drew pictures with a permanent marker on his head . Doc got in his car and drove at speed through Josie munnelly park hitting 12 players and both Buckley and  Collins are in Castlebar General being treated for Ebola .

It's a fookin mess but I still think we will win the all Ireland.

giveballaghback

Ye always think ye are going to win the all-ireland so nothing new there.

From the Bunker

Quote from: giveballaghback on April 11, 2015, 12:31:06 PM

Ye always think ye are going to win Connacht! No harm to have an auld think now and again! Keeps ya going!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: giveballaghback on April 11, 2015, 12:31:06 PM

Apart from me. I honestly don't think I'll see it.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.