China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

200 new cases and another 10 deaths in the 26 today.
Over 500 health workers now tested positive.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GJL

So Boris is spending approximately £6M sending out letters to every house in the UK whilst staff on the frontline don't have appropriate PPE. A completely incompetent fool.

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on March 29, 2020, 07:04:01 PM

And 6 in the occupied counties. Sadly, both these numbers are a significant death rate for the number of cases a week or 10 days ago and that is when the health system is still with capacity. It moves Ireland up the league table of fatalities, things seemed better a week ago.
Hopefully, the health workers will do OK and that they are then immune. Apparently, people that got SARS have still antibodies 15 years later, which is encouraging.

Quote from: GJL on March 29, 2020, 08:09:09 PM
So Boris is spending approximately £6M sending out letters to every house in the UK whilst staff on the frontline don't have appropriate PPE. A completely incompetent fool.

The two things are not connected, as the PPE is not in short supply because of purely financial reasons. The proper conduct of people will help the NHS and if the letter helps that then the money will be well spent.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

He's no PPE to give out
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 29, 2020, 08:16:46 PM

He's no PPE to give out

The letter will just have the same information that is available on any and every media outlet in existence. I'm sure there would be a better way to spend £6m than a PR stunt by Boris.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GJL on March 29, 2020, 08:51:42 PM

He's no PPE to give out

The letter will just have the same information that is available on any and every media outlet in existence. I'm sure there would be a better way to spend £6m than a PR stunt by Boris.

I work with a serious amount of over 70's the vast majority don't have internet nor smart phones or anything that would resemble a computer. They depend on their kids and tv radio, if Boris is going to send them a personal letter they'll read it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

He's no PPE to give out

There are still people who haven't got the message, £6m is 10p per person, if it reinforces the message then it will do some good.
Plenty of things to get at Boris for, but this isn't the worst.  Anything that causes me to agree will Milltown is surely remarkable.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on March 29, 2020, 07:04:01 PM

And almost 90 people in critical care which means a lot more to come.

screenexile

Trump sounding very queasy here!!

Saffrongael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 29, 2020, 09:05:34 PM

He's no PPE to give out

I work with a serious amount of over 70's the vast majority don't have internet nor smart phones or anything that would resemble a computer. They depend on their kids and tv radio, if Boris is going to send them a personal letter they'll read it

Good point, Twitter/Facebook isn't the real world as some people seem to forget
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

bennydorano

Correct, the social media echo chamber is continually shown up for what it is, the UK General Election should have been a watershed moment but wasn't.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Saffrongael on March 29, 2020, 10:50:31 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 29, 2020, 09:05:34 PM

He's no PPE to give out

Good point, Twitter/Facebook isn't the real world as some people seem to forget

So true

naka

The letter will be read by the people who are the most at risk ( the over 70s).
No everyone uses the internet.
Sometimes the guy makes the odd correct decision

quit yo jibbajabba

Ive ones on my fb feed speculating that the letters could be contaminated ie Boris has been licking the old envelopes himself

Another sayin could they not just have been emailed. I dont remember giving Boris my email tbh

I get daily reminders of the level of stupidity out there yet i still go back for more...