DUBLIN V ARMAGH sat 17th @ 5.00pm croke park

Started by lawnseed, July 11, 2010, 06:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

you take er!

A little bit of a tangent here but has anyone heard of any progress in R. Clarkes injury? No one has said he is defo out for the season (although thats what is rumoured) if for example we were to progress to Aug or even Sept (dreaming here i know) is there a possibility he could appear????

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: you take er! on July 17, 2010, 12:37:31 AM
A little bit of a tangent here but has anyone heard of any progress in R. Clarkes injury? No one has said he is defo out for the season (although thats what is rumoured) if for example we were to progress to Aug or even Sept (dreaming here i know) is there a possibility he could appear????

The latest ive heard is that he was still in a cast last sunday!

The Konica

Joe McQuillian is a poor enough referee.
Smaller version of Kinneavy/OCnamhna (or whatever), early on trys to stamp his 'authority' on the game and boss it, but he's hard to take seriously.
Good chance someone will walk for 2 yellows alright

imtommygunn

I assume there are still tickets left?

Where is ticket office at in croke park?

drici

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 17, 2010, 08:45:11 AM

Opposite Gills.

The Iceman

There was a poor turnout in Fermanagh last week and hopefully there will be more of a crowd at todays game.
Armagh have the team to win here today there is no doubt but we need the half forward line to step up and get some scores.  Happy with the changes Paddy made, hopefully the tactics work and Armagh continue their success against the Dubs.

Re: Clark - I can't see him coming back for Armagh this year. I have two close friends who suffered similar injuries and this is not something you bounce back from. He will be lucky to be back for the Og's this year I would imagine but time will tell. Good to see him on the side lines in Fermanagh though.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Gaffer

Know anyone with premium level seats?

Get them to get you a couple online.

https://teamexchange.ticketmastereurope.com/html/eventlist.htmI?l=EN&team=crokepark

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

INDIANA

Quote from: armagh leg-end on July 17, 2010, 12:03:15 AM
Quote from: illdecide on July 16, 2010, 05:07:10 PM
I can't believe the Dubs are staying away in such big numbers, when the draw first came out i was excited as nothing compares to playing the Dubs in croke Park with a full house but now with the small crowd it just won't have the same atmosphere. Although i suppose if I'm gonna be critical about supporters Armagh's has dwindled big time over the last 5 years.

The days and times of these matches have a lot of influence in the numbers turning out. look at the armagh crowd in Fermanagh last week, would it have been the same if it had of been on a Saturday. Iim not going to the match tomorrow(raging tho!) because ive have to work and didnt have enough notice to change it and i know alot of 'die-hard' armagh fans are the same. its a pity because it has the makings of a great game and the atmosphere against the Dubs in Croker is cracker! Rememeber the first round of the league in 2003, 60000plus at that game!

People can't afford it. Many people with kids won't go if they can't afford to take the kids with them. Thats had the biggest knockon effect on Dublin's crowd this season.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: INDIANA on July 17, 2010, 10:13:13 AM
I can't believe the Dubs are staying away in such big numbers, when the draw first came out i was excited as nothing compares to playing the Dubs in croke Park with a full house but now with the small crowd it just won't have the same atmosphere. Although i suppose if I'm gonna be critical about supporters Armagh's has dwindled big time over the last 5 years.

The days and times of these matches have a lot of influence in the numbers turning out. look at the armagh crowd in Fermanagh last week, would it have been the same if it had of been on a Saturday. Iim not going to the match tomorrow(raging tho!) because ive have to work and didnt have enough notice to change it and i know alot of 'die-hard' armagh fans are the same. its a pity because it has the makings of a great game and the atmosphere against the Dubs in Croker is cracker! Rememeber the first round of the league in 2003, 60000plus at that game!

People can't afford it. Many people with kids won't go if they can't afford to take the kids with them. Thats had the biggest knockon effect on Dublin's crowd this season.

There's kids tickets available at €5 which is great value. The adult tickets may be a bit overpriced but definately not the kids. Doubt you'd get tickets at such value for big games in other sports.

magickingdom

Quote from: Gaffer on July 17, 2010, 09:55:49 AM

https://teamexchange.ticketmastereurope.com/html/eventlist.htmI?l=EN&team=crokepark

gaffer, are they premium seat tickets?

Gaffer

Quote from: magickingdom on July 17, 2010, 11:15:04 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on July 17, 2010, 09:55:49 AM

gaffer, are they premium seat tickets?

They are . You need someone with premium levels seats to buy the for you through their account. Some good seats to be got
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

IolarCoisCuain

Where are Tankie and Gnevin? Time was you couldn't shut those boys up when Dublin were playing, and now there's no sign of them.

Teeming rain in Dublin today. Indiana's right about the ticket prices. I'm a neutral, but something like this should be attractive to me. But I'm not going. I'll watch it on telly. The GAA will need to have a serious think about fixtures in the winter.

INDIANA

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 17, 2010, 10:55:35 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 17, 2010, 10:13:13 AM

There's kids tickets available at €5 which is great value. The adult tickets may be a bit overpriced but definately not the kids. Doubt you'd get tickets at such value for big games in other sports.

There isn't enough of them mate. Costs 200 quid to bring the family between everything. Just can't do it every week.

Pissing rain in dublin again. Probably won't suit either side.

armaghniac

It will not rain much later, but like the Armagh v Monaghan game people will be reluctant to set off in rain.

Hard to now about this one, I imagine one team will get things going and the other will have a bad end to a poor season. Let's hope it is Armagh.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B