American Football, NFL, IAFL

Started by thejuice, March 18, 2007, 06:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

All that talk of Schaub here must have gotten Atlanta nervous

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AmwDYSPbKVjPtp4k_S3jfAY5nYcB?slug=jc-schaub032107&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

QuoteThe Falcons traded backup quarterback Matt Schaub to Houston for two second-round picks and an exchange of first-round picks in next month's NFL draft. The trade, initially reported by NFL.com, was confirmed by Schaub's agent, Joby Branion.

DrinkingHarp

This has to be one of the most active free agent/trading sessions in a NFL offseason in a long time.

Puts a big spin on fantasy football and the playoffs coming up this year.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

heganboy

Eli Manning- according to his father and his brother the best QB in the family.

Eli has more than twice as many 4th quarter comebacks as Eli in less than half the games. A lot of Giants fans may be yelling for a new QB, but the "experts" seem to think that he can do a good job (if he had some more WR) and just while they are at it, the Giants could do with finding some corner backs and a better offensive line...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Bod Mor

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 21, 2007, 09:20:34 PM
All that talk of Schaub here must have gotten Atlanta nervous

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AmwDYSPbKVjPtp4k_S3jfAY5nYcB?slug=jc-schaub032107&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

QuoteThe Falcons traded backup quarterback Matt Schaub to Houston for two second-round picks and an exchange of first-round picks in next month's NFL draft. The trade, initially reported by NFL.com, was confirmed by Schaub's agent, Joby Branion.

This is what alot of people really wanted. Does this mean now, the Falcons will be able to trade up for Calvin Johnson. That would be deadly. If so, the Falcons would have some offense:
QB: Vick
RBs: Dunn, Norwood
TE: Crumpler:
WR: Calvin Johnson, Joe Horn, Finneran(if fit) and Jenkins

The defense really needs bolstering though. Need a line backer to replace Kerney and an SS I would imagine. Its the most exciting off-season in years, especially from a Falcons perspective!!! :P
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Vlad The Impaler

Quote from: heganboy on March 21, 2007, 10:46:13 PM
vick- don't believe the hype

Vick may have been let down by his receivers but he is not accurate enough, his first instinct is to try for the highlight reel 50yd run. He is a frustrated running back

DrinkingHarp

Vick is the most overrated QB in the NFL.

Atlanta should have kept Schaub as the starter and put Vick in a Kordel "Slash" Stewart position.

QB          Schaub
FB          Norwood
TB          Dunn
TB/WR    Vick
WR         Horn
WR        Finneran
WR        Jenkins

Could have been the 2nd greatest show on turf.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Bod Mor

It will be THE greatest show on turf. This trade shows how much confidence McKay and Petrino have in Vick. Vick will be allowed all the play calls this season and all his critics will be proved wrong.
Everybody hates him in America because he is the future of the game, he is a revolutionalist. It's the same with McNabb, a scrambler and a hell of a quarterback, yet he has his critics.
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

Gabriel_Hurl

and rightly so - what has Mcnabb ever won?

Wasted talent - like Culpepper

thejuice

I would love to see the Falcons get Calvin johnson but i doubt he'll be available, but its possible. Anyway we have more pressing needs in Defense although we might use our second round picks on defense. Cant believe Houston got Schuab. I dot think QB is their problem, I think its an O-line they need.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Great Leap Forward

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 22, 2007, 12:23:45 AM

It is unfair to judge a QB on what they have won. Many observers reckon Marino was the best ever but Miami shat in the nest season after season.

Plenty of average quarterbacks have superbowl rings.

thejuice

Quote from: Great Leap Forward on March 22, 2007, 09:15:24 AM

It is unfair to judge a QB on what they have won. Many observers reckon Marino was the best ever but Miami shat in the nest season after season.

Big Ben Rothislighamandcheeseburger would hardly be a great QB in my books, he's a good-average QB, reliable & durable. Except when he crashes his motorbike without a helmet on.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Great Leap Forward

Quote from: thejuice on March 22, 2007, 09:29:39 AM

Big Ben Rothislighamandcheeseburger would hardly be a great QB in my books, he's a good-average QB, reliable & durable. Except when he crashes his motorbike without a helmet on.

You could add Hostetler and Warner to that list.

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: Great Leap Forward on March 22, 2007, 09:35:29 AM

Warner was the best quarterback in the NFL for albeit a very short time. He had great weapons but the season he had when they won the Super Bowl was amazing and he did what many dont do after posting a great statistical season...he won the big game
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Great Leap Forward

Quote from: Syd The Sailor on March 22, 2007, 09:41:11 AM
Quote from: Great Leap Forward on March 22, 2007, 09:35:29 AM

Warner was the best quarterback in the NFL for albeit a very short time. He had great weapons but the season he had when they won the Super Bowl was amazing and he did what many dont do after posting a great statistical season...he won the big game

Fair enough Syd, Warner had a few good seasons but it was more of a case of him grasping his big chance rather than him being an outstanding player.

He also had the luxury of leading an outstanding offense. Playing with Faulk would have been a dream scenario for him.