Senior Hurlers 2022

Started by mcwregor, December 16, 2021, 10:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smcder

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on April 04, 2022, 10:51:17 AM
Quote from: town1980 on April 03, 2022, 11:51:42 PM
We won a cup with Eddie celebrated like it meant something what cheddar has done is better it's like Laois ballers celebrating div 4 football both laughable been honest

Go away with your indecipherable babble.

Four posts late last night, all of a similar type, maybe just back home from somewhere

Robbo

Ciaran comerford and Steven Bergin hurled with Harps and Ballacolla yesterday. Safe to say they've left the panel recently.
Aaron dunphy didn't go traveling either. Such a pity he's not involved.

Looking at a lot of the teams it doesn't look like much emphasis is on leagues right now. I'd say the average number of champ starters from the "top 4" teams was maybe 7.
Couple of teams obvious think that leinster league is better prep. Can't blame them

Div 1a could be a lot more interesting where ballnakill, camross and rathdowney should be strong but I expect Portlaoise and ballyfin to really threaten this year too.
Important that the prem inter doesn't become a proccession for abbeyleix.

burdizzo

Quote from: Robbo on April 11, 2022, 07:24:40 AM
Ciaran comerford and Steven Bergin hurled with Harps and Ballacolla yesterday. Safe to say they've left the panel recently.

Yes, that's true. Also heard Picky was on crutches?

Laois man

Wille Dunphy is injured i hear aswell. Is there talk Pj Scully is gone off the panel aswell? Can you blame some lads getting no hurling with the County and also not allowed hurled with the club.

Zooming around

Sounds like things are falling apart again.

Spiritof86

Quote from: Laois man on April 11, 2022, 11:00:55 AM
Wille Dunphy is injured i hear aswell. Is there talk Pj Scully is gone off the panel aswell? Can you blame some lads getting no hurling with the County and also not allowed hurled with the club.

Don't understand that comment . The league just started last weekend . You don't expect players on a county panel to be involved in league games a week before a championship opener ?

Laois man

Of course they won't be playing with there clubs a week before leinster Cship. But maybe some lads have got very little game time with there County and have decided there going back to there club to get game time. At the end of the day lads train to get game time.

zoner

Anyone know of any broadcast or stream for the Dublin match? Thanks. Raging I can't get in to it.

G@@

Not on GAA-GO. Strange. Surely there are cameras at all games if only to gather highlights for The Sunday Game.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Spiritof86

Not that strange really . It has not been active in Ireland at all this year .
GAA Go only carry match feeds to their international markets now since restrictions were lifted .

Blow-in

On local radio station I would imagine

Robbo

Injuries situation is awful.

I've heard picky  dunphy, hartnet and conroy are all out. (Dont think Ben did the cruciate tho so might be back for later games.)
As well as those roddy, Lennon, scully and maka are doubts too.

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Robbo on April 15, 2022, 08:55:30 AM
Injuries situation is awful.

I've heard picky  dunphy, hartnet and conroy are all out. (Dont think Ben did the cruciate tho so might be back for later games.)
As well as those roddy, Lennon, scully and maka are doubts too.

Hard enough when everyone is fit. Could be a tough day out.

Robbo

Starting Team:

Rowland

Conway, McEvoy, Downey

Delaney, O'Connell, Mullaney

Kelly, Fennell

Cha, Purcell, Keyes

Roddy, PJ, Dowling

One starter each from ballacolla and Borris/k, Co finalists for last 2 years. Though injuries are an issue.
Great representation from RE.

Going to be a tough ask.

Like the full-back line. Worried about pace on the half line but I'd presume space will be tight there.
Light in the forwards but all able to score. Hard see us get in for any goals bar a run from paddy.

Best of luck to everyone.

burdizzo

Seems like a decent performance, though definitely an opportunity lost.
Hope the injury to Podge isn't too bad...