Saturday January 15
Group A – Longford v Dublin, Louth v Offaly

Group B - Laois v Wicklow, Meath v Wexford

Group C - Westmeath v Carlow

Wednesday January 19
Semi-Final: Winners Group B v Winners Group C

Saturday January 22
O'Byrne Cup Final
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

The PRO

Playing Meath in Stradbally and Wicklow in Crettyard. Should draw a few dedicated supporters looking to see a few new faces and the new management.

Robbo

Big numbers training at the minute.
Lot of lads will get a chance during the O'Byrne Cup you'd imagine.

Butch Cassidy

Have all the old guard committed this year? Interesting to see what new names are on the team this weekend

The PRO

Quote from: Butch Cassidy on January 03, 2022, 05:48:04 PM
Have all the old guard committed this year?
Mark Timmons and Colm Begley aren't back yet so I presume we've seen the last of them. Two fantastic servants for the county. Ross Munnelly is training.

Robbo

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2022/01/05/21-fresh-faces-on-football-panel-as-new-look-laois-gear-up-for-2022-season/

Best of luck to them all.
Easy lament those who won't (or can't) commit but great to have new names and faces putting shoulder to the wheel.

There are some great experienced role-models there too.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Nice mixture of youth and experience in that panel, best of luck to Billy and the management team..

Ballybrittas Boy

No harm taking a look at a few lads who never played county minor or under 20. Possibly shows that playing well for your club is taken into account rather than maybe a reputation.

portlaoisekid

Best of luck to the new management team, great to see so many new faces coming in...pity about a few not involved and a couple from my own club included.

To be picked for your county is still a fantastic honour and fair play to all those involved...

Spiritof86

Good to see a decent county wide club representation.
Still a few lads on the panel living off past reputations that didn't exactly stand out in the club championships .

SCFC

I hear Graham Brody is back. Hope it's true.

High Fielder

We'll do well to stay out of Division 4 in my opinion. It would be an achievement just to do that. Not that that necessarily bothers me, because maybe we need to go as low as we can to build.

If this management team is to succeed, it needs to stop the revolving door that seems to swing every pre season. You're going nowhere if lads jump on and jump off depending on what's going on in their life. This is the problem for counties like us. In successful counties, players work around their commitment to the GAA. Here, and in many counties like us, the opposite is true. Just one of the disadvantages of being a small fish I suppose.

Whatever happens, good luck to the players and management. It's a big commitment to make in anyone's life, and even bigger in these strange times. Hopefully by the time we're talking next year, there'll be an air of optimism around our footballers

Robbo

Quote from: SCFC on January 06, 2022, 12:50:45 AM
I hear Graham Brody is back. Hope it's true.

I really hope it's true but I've heard differently.
It would strengthen us in goals and in the forwards.

Blow-in

Any team for today? Zero on Laois social media pages about the games. I'm told we still don't have a PRO so I hope this is something which is resolved

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Awful beating for our lads today but it's something they'll have to face up to, learn from and try to improve for the next game.
Great start for Billy O'Loughlin and Longford with the comeback of the day whereas our Billy has the beating of the day to put up with...