Laois Senior Football Championship 2021

Started by SCFC, August 29, 2021, 11:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laois Rising

Agree with PRO on this one. Park v Arles had one of the best atmospheres of a club game I was at this year. I think players would enjoy playing some of their championship matches in regional grounds such as Timahoe, Crettyard, Stradbally. Top venues deserving of senior championship matches. 

BallyroanAbu

Ballyroan Baby
We are now available for championship matches

town1980

Pro I can't see the town being beaten we haven't played great but we're the town we don't loose look at the records over the last 15 yr enough said portlaoise v portArlington final simple as no debates no shite talk town v town let the century folk dream ;D ;D ;D

Silkyskillssunshinee

Portlaoise to beat Ballyroan Abbey with extra-time necessary, maybe even a penalty shootout! Ballyroan Abbey will be in this position again soon but I fancy Portlaoise's experience to get them over the line.

Portarlington to beat Emo by 6. Won't be much in it at half-time, but Port have some good options off the bench while Emo are limited enough in that department.

Robbo

Hard to see anything but a Portarlington win this afternoon.
Emo can't play defensively and win against this Port team. If they push up, they'll be picked apart I think.
Port by 7.

I've a sneaky feeling Ballyroan might edge the other semi. A part of me would like to see a Port-Portlaoise final and obviously you couldn't rule it out but I think Bally might just have the defensive nous and the runners to hurt Pottlaoise.

Robbo

Quote from: Robbo on October 31, 2021, 12:41:06 PM
Hard to see anything but a Portarlington win this afternoon.
Emo can't play defensively and win against this Port team. If they push up, they'll be picked apart I think.
Port by 7.

I've a sneaky feeling Ballyroan might edge the other semi. A part of me would like to see a Port-Portlaoise final and obviously you couldn't rule it out but I think Bally might just have the defensive nous and the runners to hurt Pottlaoise.

I was very wrong.
Portlaoise very good.

Silkyskillssunshinee

As much as I enjoy watching a small rural team cause an upset, I also don't think it's such a bad thing for Laois football when two big Town areas are facing off in the Senior final. Portlaoise were very impressive today and moved the ball with a lot more pace and directness than any one of their previous games. Brody made a massive difference when he came on and surely has to start the final. They can cause the Port defence trouble in the final if they play like they did today.

Laois fan

Yeah think we have the final everyone wanted,plaois were much improved but ballyroan were very disappointing bar launching balls into Doyle which never worked they offered nothing.The second game was over once Crowley got injured ,emo already missing Kirwin didn't need that.while conditions didn't help ports shooting was very poor

BallyroanAbu

Fair play Portlaoise they were savage, we were poor.  Where Portlaoise stand I'm unsure maybe we made them look better than they are

portlaoisekid

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on November 01, 2021, 01:52:48 AM
Fair play Portlaoise they were savage, we were poor.  Where Portlaoise stand I'm unsure maybe we made them look better than they are
I'd tend to agree.As good as Portlaoise were , Ballyroan were equally as bad.I literally couldn't believe Ballyroans tactics, they are much better than what they showed yesterday.

Portlaoise were good though, their movement was superb and Brody made a huge difference to the team. Its looks like Portlaoise have finally nailed down their starting 15 just in time for the final.

Port looked good yesterday, they were never in doubt and that match was perfect prep for the final.

The PRO

Ballyroan Abbey were a huge let down. Good and all as Portlaoise appeared to play, the margin was mostly down to BA just never turning up. I think BA are better than that but that's not much good to them this morning.

in better conditions, I think Port would have destroyed Emo. It was a horrible game and Port will be just glad to get out of it without any injuries and a shot at the two titles in the one year.

Potential county players? Every time I see Mohan, he gets better and better for Port. Corner backs are hard to find so I think I'd be asking him in.

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: The PRO on November 01, 2021, 12:31:12 PM
Ballyroan Abbey were a huge let down. Good and all as Portlaoise appeared to play, the margin was mostly down to BA just never turning up. I think BA are better than that but that's not much good to them this morning.

in better conditions, I think Port would have destroyed Emo. It was a horrible game and Port will be just glad to get out of it without any injuries and a shot at the two titles in the one year.

Potential county players? Every time I see Mohan, he gets better and better for Port. Corner backs are hard to find so I think I'd be asking him in.

Bennett in the other corner for Port is also a very sticky and tight marker. Think he might be U-20 again next year but probably worth a look for the Seniors as well.

Spiritof86

Can see Brody featuring under Billy Sheehan if he has the interest . Will be a hugely interesting final .

town1980

Great win for us yesterday we bullied Ballyroanabbey right from the off and there young players just froze on the big day they offered little resistance and we got back on track with the help of Graham,we hit them hard and racked up early yellow cards but you could see it was part of the plan to stop them running and it worked,ballyroan have had a seriously good championship and there young players will benifit from that experience
town vs town of course i think Portlaoise will win

TheGiantSquid

Is there any reason Broady hasn't been starting all year? Seems absolute madness given his display at the weekend. Him starting the final will have a huge bearing on who wins it.