Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Truth hurts

He is a Glen man, did Ronan Mcguckian not do the same?

smort

there is precedent for this all the same..... I remember Mcguckin stepped aside when managing errigal and they came up against ballinderry

Fr. Cyril McDuff

Mickey didn't step aside against Glen when he was Slaughtneil manager. He'll be there.

Truth hurts

Wildweasel74

JoG2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 06, 2021, 01:34:37 PM
Who starts this crap, I heard?

WhatsApp groups really increase the speed of the spread of  stories like this. Great to see all three clubs going really well in Ulster.

oakleaflad

Yeah, agreed. Great to see all 3 footballing sides still going well in Ulster despite the lamenting done about the state of our club scene.

Truth hurts

would Moran be a member of Maghera ?

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Truth hurts on December 06, 2021, 02:27:16 PM
would Moran be a member of Maghera ?
Who cares if he is or not. There is no rule to say you can't manage against your own club. He has done before (as have many others) and will do again. End of story really

Silver hill

Quote from: smort on December 06, 2021, 11:47:51 AM
there is precedent for this all the same..... I remember Mcguckin stepped aside when managing errigal and they came up against ballinderry

Ronan was and is, a Shamrocks man to his very core.

Wildweasel74

Rawhide

Brilliant from Sneil hurlers today
cccc is a true supporter lol

oakleaflad

Any new additions to the Derry squad for the McKenna Cup?

toby47

Quote from: oakleaflad on January 04, 2022, 10:03:44 AM
Any new additions to the Derry squad for the McKenna Cup?

Shane Heavron is back on board. There are also 8-10 u20's up with the senior squad at the minute. Likely to see a right few of them getting minutes in McKenna cup. No Slaughtneil hurlers yet (2 x McKaigues, Rodgers, Shane, McNeil, Paudi Tad. A couple of Steelstown players probably would have got a run as well however they won't be seen for a month or so.

I think Gallagher's big thing was trying to keep a consistent panel for 3-4 years. Heavron is the only one I've heard called up apart from u20's.

Derry Optimist

I think that Padraig Cassidy does not play hurling so he should be available for the Derry football squad!!

It is true that Shane Heavron is the only over 20 player called up to the panel.If Slaughtneil hurlers keep progressing in the All Ireland series and Steelstown footballers  do likewise, Derry will likely be short their five dual players as well as Steelstown's Ben McCarron for the opening National League game.

This will probably mean that the Magherafelt duo Conor McCloskey and Michael McEvoy will replace Chrissy McKaigue and Brendan Rogers in the defence and that Jack Doherty will replace Shane McGuigan in a rearranged forward line.