Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lár na páirce 1

Hearing news coming from the kickhams Creggan club the managerial merry go round continues 👀 💰

bannside

Mc Nultys have completed 3 years, and finished with the McNamee. A move to the next challenge (or a well earned rest) is to be expected.

Martin Mc Elkennon and/or Enda Muldoon by any chance??

country bumpkin

Quote from: Spike on December 07, 2021, 12:37:28 PM
Maybe the point has been lost in the noise but St Galls' super success was boosted with a different process than your typical Antrim club and without such may have been just an excellent club side in Antrim rather than the All -Ireland champions.   

Your typical Antrim club needs an environmental change and shift in local culture allied to proper structures in order to get to anywhere to the position that Bannside is aiming for.  That takes time, belief, confidence and a complete change in mindset within and around the club community.   

The question is are Antrim Gaels capable of that?  Can we create that culture or is there too much distraction, apathy or lack of will?  Would the Antrim team ever be household names in the county?

Is a lesson well learned in Cargin.....quality ex players in place from under-6 squad right through to seniors.

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on December 07, 2021, 01:30:44 PM
Mc Nultys have completed 3 years, and finished with the McNamee. A move to the next challenge (or a well earned rest) is to be expected.

I Gerard has been there for 4 years BS, he is taking Antrim U20s?

Lár na páirce 1

Finger on the pulse as usual Bannside, the Latter I have heard from numerous sources.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on December 07, 2021, 01:37:19 PM

Finger on the pulse as usual Bannside, the Latter I have heard from numerous sources.

Ciaran Mc Cartney maybe in the frame.....?

paddyjohn

Quote from: country bumpkin on December 07, 2021, 02:17:54 PM

I think he's staying with Rasharkin.

Kickham csc

Quote from: country bumpkin on December 07, 2021, 01:33:43 PM
Quote from: Spike on December 07, 2021, 12:37:28 PM
Maybe the point has been lost in the noise but St Galls' super success was boosted with a different process than your typical Antrim club and without such may have been just an excellent club side in Antrim rather than the All -Ireland champions.   

Your typical Antrim club needs an environmental change and shift in local culture allied to proper structures in order to get to anywhere to the position that Bannside is aiming for.  That takes time, belief, confidence and a complete change in mindset within and around the club community.   

The question is are Antrim Gaels capable of that?  Can we create that culture or is there too much distraction, apathy or lack of will?  Would the Antrim team ever be household names in the county?

Is a lesson well learned in Cargin.....quality ex players in place from under-6 squad right through to seniors.

This is the trick. Some people are obsessed with the senior manager, but its the youth coaches who are critical in the club. With the right coaches who are passionate about the club who know the sport,  they are the really important ones.

From a Creggan point of view, when Toby became chairman in the 90's, he worked really hard at getting teams together who would stay at an age group for a couple of years. We also had Micky Moran and Hugh McGettigan  took time to coach the coaches, focusing on a evolving process from U8 to U18. That's where the hard grind is.

Kickham csc

I would have thought that Dougie would be in pole position now after he won the "battle of the brickie" junior final

EOC1923

Quote from: Kickham csc on December 07, 2021, 03:35:46 PM

I would have thought that Dougie would be in pole position now after he won the "battle of the brickie" junior final
Big step up in levels there

bannside

Heard the spirit levels were pretty good tho....

Truth hurts

Pete McGrath the new Aghagallan manager?

Kickham csc

JimStynes

Quote from: bannside on December 08, 2021, 07:57:21 AM
Heard the spirit levels were pretty good tho....

He's got a good foundation to build on with that Creggan side.

toby47

Is Muldoon still in Gallagher's backroom team at Derry?