Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrewdness

My info is that United do indeed intend to splash out a British Transfer record of 35 M to buy Tevez, but don't expect to complete the deal until towards the end of 2008. So, no money has changed hands yet.

Ferguson must surely have transfer funds at his disposal if he is regularly talking about buying a striker.

Re Manucho, my main concern is his age. He turned 25 last March, so why did it take so long before anyone discovered him.

under the bar

QuoteRe Manucho, my main concern is his age. He turned 25 last March, so why did it take so long before anyone discovered him.

Ian Wright was still playin Sunday league at that age!

full back

Big game tonight IMHO
Chelsea look stronger than last season & the scousers are winning games they would normally drop points in
Need a win tonight, with a few tough games coming up
Rooney has to start getting a few goals to keep us ticking over before we sign a new striker or Ronaldo comes back

Square Ball

team for tonight

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, O'Shea, Fletcher, Anderson, Scholes, Evra, Rooney, Tevez.

Subs: Kuszczak, Neville, Fabio Da Silva, Rafael Da Silva, Gibson, Campbell, Possebon.

who he? A young bench, well except for Nev
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Uladh

Quote from: Square Ball on August 25, 2008, 07:45:07 PM
team for tonight

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, O'Shea, Fletcher, Anderson, Scholes, Evra, Rooney, Tevez.

Subs: Kuszczak, Neville, Fabio Da Silva, Rafael Da Silva, Gibson, Campbell, Possebon.

who he? A young bench, well except for Nev

Central midfielder - young but classy on the ball - came on in the first league game

The Real Laoislad

Pompey have a lot of possession and are creating opportunity's but not many clear cut chances,I expect United to score a 2nd goal in the 2nd half
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Shrewdness

No, United gave an excellent performance and were well worth the 3 points.

Young Possebon is one of a growing contingent of young Brazilians at United with Anderson and the twins.

magpie seanie

Yeah, I hadn't a clue who Possebon was when I saw him coming on against Newcastle. Looks like he could be good though.

So Friday sees United taking on Rangers conquerers Zenit in the Super Cup. A trophy is a trophy so it should be won.

hows she cutting

Will be a tough game on Friday

SAF reckons he is going to give much needed games to a few players, hope he don't include Saha in that category, he's had more than enough chances

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

An Fear Rua

GULP

Theres no way dress these figures up, can anyone spot the arrival of the gimps?

Price of my Stretty ST in the noughties

00/01- £361
01/02- £380 (+5.26% - inflation in 2000 2.96%)
02/03- £399 (+5.00% - inflation in 2001 1.76%)
03/04- £418 (+4.76% - inflation in 2002 1.67%)
04/05- £427.50 (+2.27% - inflation in 2003 2.89%)
05/06- £494 (+15.56% - inflation in 2004 2.98%)
06/07- £570 (+15.38% - inflation in 2005 2.84%)
07/08- £627* (+10.00% (+27%, really) - inflation in 2006 3.17%)
Its Grim up North

full back

Oh FFS
2 goals & he is giving advice...................

Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher has warned this season's UEFA Champions League hopefuls to beware the emerging threat from Russia's top clubs.

United - along with Celtic, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea - will learn their group stage opponents on Thursday when the finest clubs on the continent gather for the draw in Monaco.

Although AC Milan are absent, Bayern Munich return. And with Juventus leading a four-strong Italian challenge and Barcelona and Real Madrid taking up their customary places from Spain, familiar opposition seems guaranteed at some stage of the competition for the English quartet.

However, all four could also face Uefa Cup winners Zenit St Petersburg, who square up to the Red Devils in Super Cup combat on Friday night.

And having seen them dispose of Rangers at the City of Manchester Stadium last season, Fletcher feels there is more to come from Dick Advocaat's side.

"Zenit St Petersburg will fancy themselves to do really well in the Champions League this season," said Fletcher.

"They beat some top teams in the Uefa Cup last season so they are no mugs.

"There is also a lot of money in the Russian game. There are plenty of Brazilian players over there and people generally don't realise how strong a league it is.

"A lot of teams struggle when they go out to Russia, so that gives them a big advantage as well."