The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

Quote from: Syferus on February 08, 2018, 02:09:03 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on February 08, 2018, 02:00:58 PM
Can you fathom any scenario given the course of events in which they might be innocent Syf?

If the evidence pointed to innocence I would happily say so. It does not.

That's a ludicrous answer to a straightforward honest question.

But seeing as its all you've got, can I ask what evidence points to guilt?

Asal Mor

Quote from: Syferus on February 08, 2018, 01:59:09 PM
Those desperately searching for a way off the hook for the frat boys will be sorely disappointed when it turns out the girl who walked in didn't do a forensic analysis of the room before leaving.
Ironically, the only reason anyone on the board would be hoping they'd get off is you.

nrico2006

Those desperately searching for a way off the hook for the frat boys will be sorely disappointed when it turns out the girl who walked in didn't do a forensic analysis of the room before leaving.

She doesn't need to have performed a forensic analysis of the room though, she simply needs to state whether what she saw looked consensual or not.

As for her texts, has she stated she knew nothing about Rugby?  Why then would she identify the accused as 'Ulster Rugby scum'?  If she knew nothing about Rugby why would she not just specify that she was attacked by 3 scumbags, instead of specifying that they were members of a certain sports team?  Why was this important and if she hadn't a clue about Rugby etc why did she mention this specifically?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tonto1888

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 08, 2018, 02:32:48 PM

She doesn't need to have performed a forensic analysis of the room though, she simply needs to state whether what she saw looked consensual or not.

As for her texts, has she stated she knew nothing about Rugby?  Why then would she identify the accused as 'Ulster Rugby scum'?  If she knew nothing about Rugby why would she not just specify that she was attacked by 3 scumbags, instead of specifying that they were members of a certain sports team?  Why was this important and if she hadn't a clue about Rugby etc why did she mention this specifically?

it could have been mentioned at the party they were rugby players. They may have told her themselves

magpie seanie

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 08, 2018, 02:38:22 PM

it could have been mentioned at the party they were rugby players. They may have told her themselves

I dare say someone might have mentioned it! Mother of God!  ::)

sid waddell

She knew who Jackson was from meeting him when she was working in a bar as part of a drinks promotion in 2015.

Obviously given that she had gone back to the party at Jackson's house she would have very quickly found out that the others were rugby players even if she wasn't a follower of the sport.

NAG1

Quote from: Syferus on February 08, 2018, 02:09:03 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on February 08, 2018, 02:00:58 PM
Can you fathom any scenario given the course of events in which they might be innocent Syf?

If the evidence pointed to innocence I would happily say so. It does not.

Truth is you are going on wild speculation, rumour and innuendo from a trial that is not complete yet. You are pontificating on something which you have no knowledge of, like most other on here. The exception is that you are believing in the stuff that you are posting, with some kind of devine complex.

sid waddell

I think it's quite interesting that Syferus is being rounded on here when there are a lot of posters here who have clearly made up their minds in the opposite direction based on nothing more than "rumour, wild speculation and innuendo", as the previous poster puts it.

Certainly the rumour and innuendo so far has been pretty much one way traffic against the complainant.

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: sid waddell on February 08, 2018, 02:53:37 PM
I think it's quite interesting that Syferus is being rounded on here when there are a lot of posters here who have clearly made up their minds in the opposite direction based on nothing more than "rumour, wild speculation and innuendo", as the previous poster puts it.

Certainly the rumour and innuendo so far has been pretty much one way traffic against the complainant.

Happy to be corrected with examples but I don't recall anyone say they are 100% innocent - most posts I have read either people suggest waiting until the end of the trial before coming up with a final opinion of your own or they are just disputing some of the evidence which others think convinces them of their guilt and most people all in agreement that even if innocent their behaviour on the night and messages were not good.  Even at the end of the trial if you are still convinced of guilty or innocent that is fine - however, you have to accept the juries verdict (not going to start mentioning appeals, etc) because the jury is the only people who see and hear ALL the Evidence.  I would suggest most people online is reading media reports about it
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Syferus

Quote from: Asal Mor on February 08, 2018, 02:29:05 PM
Ironically, the only reason anyone on the board would be hoping they'd get off is you.

Don't lie, Asal Mor.

NAG1

I am neither for or against any side in this trial, what ever the verdict is the verdict is. My issue is with either side especially Syf pontificating on something which they no little or nothing about, as if it is total fact.

north_antrim_hound

I haven't made up my mind and won't pass judgment on either party. However flawed the judicial system is,  its the best way to determine innocence or guilt.
How can Syferis pre-determine who is the innocent party based on media reports. To criticise other posters is to criticise himself.
If you study his post on any subject their is a constant theme of using it to project an image of superiority and condescension through belittling the average view. I find his writing quite delusional and completely devoid of any class or balance.
If he pulled the plug on this board you won't find too many expressing thoughts of sorrow and disappointment.
One the worst posters on the board.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

trueblue1234

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 08, 2018, 03:16:10 PM

I haven't made up my mind and won't pass judgment on either party. However flawed the judicial system is,  its the best way to determine innocence or guilt.
How can Syferis pre-determine who is the innocent party based on media reports. To criticise other posters is to criticise himself.
If you study his post on any subject their is a constant theme of using it to project an image of superiority and condescension through belittling the average view. I find his writing quite delusional and completely devoid of any class or balance.
If he pulled the plug on this board you won't find too many expressing thoughts of sorrow and disappointment.
One the worst posters on the board.

Unfortunately Sfy has made this thread about him rather than the issue at hand. And you can be sure that is there is a guilty verdict, he will see this as victory and will point to other posters who had stated they would rather wait to see the rest of the evidence before making a decision as being wrong. He will play it out, trying to reinforce his superiority despite still being completely incorrect to make a decision based on one day's evidence.

Unfortunately he pollutes too many threads now.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Keyser soze

I was rounding on any of the clowns who were pronouncing judgement, regardless of what side they came down on...you know the people who were sure the defendants were guilty after the prosecution's opening statement on day 1...or were certain they were innocent after the alleged victim was cross-examined.

Was not of course including Syferus in the 'what I thought were sensible individuals' though  ;)

magpie seanie

There's an obvious solution if Syferus is pissing ye off so much.