The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Rois on February 07, 2018, 08:24:37 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on February 07, 2018, 07:56:20 AM
Additionally, many a time a fella gets shot down but tries his luck again, uses a bit of chat and changes the situation.

Is this actually how guys think if a girl shoots you down? Ah sure give it another go, you can change her mind, she may say no at the start but doesn't really mean it, you can persuade her to have sex with you, and this happens "many a time". Not in my experience! Repeated propositions/attempts would make me incredibly uncomfortable and uneasy.

Wouldn't be the way I would go personally but a statement like the above doesn't surprise me at all.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 07, 2018, 11:19:11 AM
Quote from: gallsman on February 07, 2018, 11:08:23 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 07, 2018, 09:12:07 AM
He wasnt shot down the first time, but the second time according to her he was

Her allegation is that she willingly kissed Jackson the first time in his room but he tried to take her pants off and she said no.

And thats just what it is, an allegation surely? There are a lot of facts in this case, and there are a lot of allegations, finding the truth isnt easy...
In England pants mean underwear. In the South  pants mean trousers.
What does pants mean in NI ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on February 07, 2018, 11:56:58 AM

Her allegation is that she willingly kissed Jackson the first time in his room but he tried to take her pants off and she said no.

And thats just what it is, an allegation surely? There are a lot of facts in this case, and there are a lot of allegations, finding the truth isnt easy...

Knickers I'd assume
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

HiMucker

It generally means crap.  As in "Some of Seafoids posts are interesting, others are complete pants"

Frank_The_Tank

Very relevant for some of the posters on here who have decided they are guilty already.

The judge in a rape trial involving two Ulster rugby players has told the jury to ignore "fireside lawyers" expressing opinions on the case on the internet.

Judge Patricia Smyth said the views expressed were "ill-informed" and told the jury to ignore all publicity surrounding the case.

She told the jury to assess the case on "the evidence that you see and hear in this courtroom and nothing else".

The 12-person jury has been told by Judge Patricia Smyth to wait until they hear all of the evidence in the case before coming to any final conclusions.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

magpie seanie

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on February 07, 2018, 12:02:28 PM
Very relevant for some of the posters on here who have decided they are guilty already.

The judge in a rape trial involving two Ulster rugby players has told the jury to ignore "fireside lawyers" expressing opinions on the case on the internet.

Judge Patricia Smyth said the views expressed were "ill-informed" and told the jury to ignore all publicity surrounding the case.

She told the jury to assess the case on "the evidence that you see and hear in this courtroom and nothing else".

The 12-person jury has been told by Judge Patricia Smyth to wait until they hear all of the evidence in the case before coming to any final conclusions.

Doesn't apply to those who have decided they're not guilty already? No?  ::)

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 07, 2018, 12:00:06 PM

Knickers I'd assume

Nope;

From the Bel Tel;

"As I recall I left the room alone as soon as he started to undo my trousers."

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 07, 2018, 12:00:06 PM

Knickers I'd assume
And what do Shinners call trousers? BrĂ­ste ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnneycool

Quote from: Hound on February 07, 2018, 09:46:53 AM
Quote from: Rois on February 07, 2018, 08:24:37 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on February 07, 2018, 07:56:20 AM
Additionally, many a time a fella gets shot down but tries his luck again, uses a bit of chat and changes the situation.

Is this actually how guys think if a girl shoots you down? Ah sure give it another go, you can change her mind, she may say no at the start but doesn't really mean it, you can persuade her to have sex with you, and this happens "many a time". Not in my experience! Repeated propositions/attempts would make me incredibly uncomfortable and uneasy.

He wasnt shot down the first time, but the second time according to her he was, as Rois has said it would be uncomfortable and uneasy, and you'd leave..

The problem from her is convincing a jury (mainly males) that she didnt leave and according to her it was because she had to go upstairs to get a bag, then he came in, raped her, then another man came in and raped her also, while not making a noise, a cry for help, even not have any scratch marks on either person, plus the girl that came in also witnessed a sex act but no rape, I'm basing the last part on that fact that its the defence that has brought her in as a witness!

Yeah, it's the alleged numbness that I can't understand. Because I've never been there. She never shouted nor screamed. She took off her own top and gave oral to Olding, but says both weren't consensual but she was too numb to object. But she did regain composure and walked out when Swinging Mick III came out and there was absolutely no question of any attempt to restrain her. 

It is understandable that rugby players can potentially be very intimidating if they have you in a compromising situation. But I would question if they knew what they were doing was even illegal. My view, at this stage, is they didn't really cop that, and that one scream would have ended it there and then. Not that ignorance or stupidity excuses wrongdoing.

There's been talk about all the adult content available on the internet. But its even "normal" TV that scenes like the above are on. From Entourage to Game of Thrones.  Or Ballers, where practically every episode has good looking girls looking to do all sorts with guys just because they're sportstars. Sure the lads even have their own international teammates who I'm sure have told stories in the lockerroom with a very similar tone to the text messages in the case.

Where did you get this from?

Hound

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 07, 2018, 12:10:14 PM

Presumption of innocence, until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
But the medical evidence and the third party evidence all still to come.

The weight that some people placed on the opening statement by the prosecution lawyer is mind blowing.

Keyser soze

What poster has come on and said they are definitely not guilty???

magpie seanie

Quote from: Keyser soze on February 07, 2018, 12:36:17 PM

The same number as those who've said they're definitely guilty I'd guess. A very small number if any.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Hound on February 07, 2018, 12:35:12 PM

Presumption of innocence, until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
But the medical evidence and the third party evidence all still to come.

The weight that some people placed on the opening statement by the prosecution lawyer is mind blowing.

I work with a few ones here who had them hung by 1700 on day one.

Keyser soze

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 07, 2018, 12:37:25 PM

The same number as those who've said they're definitely guilty I'd guess.

Well go on and stick up a quote of someone saying they are definitely not guilty.

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: Keyser soze on February 07, 2018, 12:39:11 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 07, 2018, 12:37:25 PM

The same number as those who've said they're definitely guilty I'd guess.

Well go on and stick up a quote of someone saying they are definitely not guilty.

Yes my original post should have applied to those saying they are not guilty either.  However I don't think.I have read any poster say they are not guilty.  I have read posters saying they are guilty though.  Open to correction if you can find where someone has said they are not guilty.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience