The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: general_lee on February 04, 2018, 01:45:52 PM

She said she didn't follow Ulster or Irish rugby, so how can she be intimidated by Best and Henderson if she doesn't know who they are. Plus if she is behind a screen (not sure is she screened from entire court or just accused) she possibly won't even see them there.

Despite Orior branding her as stupid, I imagine she's probably able to read.

nrico2006

Don't see the big deal at all with Best attending court. Who should be in the public gallery?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

imtommygunn

Did he take to the stand or just go to the trial?

Avondhu star

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 04, 2018, 01:19:55 PM
Quote from: general_lee on February 04, 2018, 01:15:22 PM
Quote from: straightred on February 04, 2018, 12:05:33 PM
Quote from: screenexile on February 04, 2018, 11:53:08 AM
Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on February 04, 2018, 11:48:02 AM
Quote from: screenexile on February 04, 2018, 10:39:15 AM
Anybody care to revise their opinion after hearing what Best said in his press conference yesterday evening??

What did he say?

He said he was asked to be a character witness and that he was advised to go to trial to hear the girl give evidence before he decided if he would do it or not. Also she gave her evidence behind a screen so I'm not sure how his and Henderson's presence would count as intimidation for those peddling that myth.

I can't see him giving a character witness it would be suicide for him plus the more I hear the more they're guilty as sin and he's closer to it so should know more than a lot of us. They should both do proper time!!

I think we all should stay away from trying to second guess the verdict. You have to hope that the jury get that right.

I don't believe Best's statement. In my opinion a few PR professionals got their heads together and that was the best (pardon the pun) they could come up with. Its weak and that's no surprise because he simply shouldn't have been there and no amount of pr spin can change that. We'll move on and probably won't hear much more about this until the 6N is over if at all. I heard Marion Finucane's show earlier on RTE radio and she said that they weren't covering anything on this until after the trial is over. I know some are baying for blood but I think that is sensible. However I will qualify that by saying that I really hope the IRFU say something strong in due course
Why. The girl doesn't follow rugby so she wouldn't know he was anyway. From behind the screen.

Doesn't follow rugby? She knows these lads, that will come out too

Belfast is a small city. She knew well who these men were.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

longballin

Quote from: Avondhu star on February 04, 2018, 02:59:50 PM
Anybody care to revise their opinion after hearing what Best said in his press conference yesterday evening??

What did he say?

He said he was asked to be a character witness and that he was advised to go to trial to hear the girl give evidence before he decided if he would do it or not. Also she gave her evidence behind a screen so I'm not sure how his and Henderson's presence would count as intimidation for those peddling that myth.

I can't see him giving a character witness it would be suicide for him plus the more I hear the more they're guilty as sin and he's closer to it so should know more than a lot of us. They should both do proper time!!

I think we all should stay away from trying to second guess the verdict. You have to hope that the jury get that right.

I don't believe Best's statement. In my opinion a few PR professionals got their heads together and that was the best (pardon the pun) they could come up with. Its weak and that's no surprise because he simply shouldn't have been there and no amount of pr spin can change that. We'll move on and probably won't hear much more about this until the 6N is over if at all. I heard Marion Finucane's show earlier on RTE radio and she said that they weren't covering anything on this until after the trial is over. I know some are baying for blood but I think that is sensible. However I will qualify that by saying that I really hope the IRFU say something strong in due course
Why. The girl doesn't follow rugby so she wouldn't know he was anyway. From behind the screen.

true I lived in Belfast and knew everyone there  ::)

Syferus

What did he say?

Bull-fûcking-shît.

LooseCannon

Quote from: longballin on February 04, 2018, 03:12:19 PM

What did he say?

I'd say that everyone knew you too!

Avondhu star

What did he say?

If you kept yourself in a world without TV newspaper and all other media its possible that you wouldnt have heard of these rugby players. So called celebrities are thin on the ground with exception of Julian Simmons and May McFetteridge. Rugby players who are pumped up on the media would of course be known to most people

Avondhu star

Quote from: Syferus on February 04, 2018, 03:21:02 PM

What did he say?

Bull-fûcking-shît.
Havent you some turf to be cutting before the E.U. closes you down?

Avondhu star

Quote from: LooseCannon on February 04, 2018, 03:44:29 PM

What did he say?

I'd say that everyone knew you too!
Ah leave it out. He didnt know she was only 12.

Orior

Quote from: gallsman on February 04, 2018, 02:24:25 PM
Quote from: general_lee on February 04, 2018, 01:45:52 PM

She said she didn't follow Ulster or Irish rugby, so how can she be intimidated by Best and Henderson if she doesn't know who they are. Plus if she is behind a screen (not sure is she screened from entire court or just accused) she possibly won't even see them there.

Despite Orior branding her as stupid, I imagine she's probably able to read.

Ouch.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Avondhu star

Quote from: hardstation on February 04, 2018, 04:06:35 PM
Never heard of Julian Wilson myself.
You're probably more of a May McFetteridge man

nrico2006

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 04, 2018, 02:44:15 PM
Did he take to the stand or just go to the trial?
Just went to the trial.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

HiMucker

Just on the point a lot of people are making that why would she make it up?  There is plenty of cases that a person can believe they have been raped when they haven't.  Also conversely there is plenty of instances that a person can be raped and the accused believe that it wasn't rape.

yellowcard

What did he say?

If Best's explanation holds true (and I severely doubt it) then if he doesn't appear as a character witness for Jackson and Olding now, it looks like he believes the girls version of events.