Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Started by Dinny Breen, June 21, 2016, 10:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcarrier

Bran is the important stark.

Check out the asoif reddit or free folk reddit.

omagh_gael

In the books the Mad King claimed first night wedding rights with Johanna Lannister (Tywin's wife) so there is plenty of scope for Tyrion to be a Targaryen thus being a good candidate for a dragon rider.

johnneycool

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 23, 2016, 11:47:31 AM
In the books the Mad King claimed first night wedding rights with Johanna Lannister (Tywin's wife) so there is plenty of scope for Tyrion to be a Targaryen thus being a good candidate for a dragon rider.

The tower of Joy thing, we're supposed to believe that Jon was born to Lyanna Stark who died giving birth to him, the Da being Rhaegar Targaryen, Tyrions ma also died giving birth to him as did Dany's, so there's a lot in common along with those horny Targaryen's..

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Longshanks

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 23, 2016, 01:02:12 PM
What's the craic with Gendry?

I know its random to say the least, hell just get him back to have him murdered or something, put an end to it.

gallsman

I assume the show is done with him.

gawa316

Jeez I forgot all about him, he might have a part to play yet as he's the only person with Baratheon blood left

gallsman

Very good episode, some very dodgy CGI aside. Didn't think Cersei would get rid of quite so many and there was something poetic about her, for once, executing her plan to perfection and still losing. Tommen played an absolute blinder. I don't like how they keep retrofitting book events onto other characters - little birds killing Pycelle instead of Kevan.

Minas Tirith, sorry, Oldtown was suitably impressive, although I can't say I'm looking forward to scenes of Sam studying away. Maybe we'll get a college comedy type thing going on. Sam, a few other trainees, few kegs and some hookers.

Think the Dornish angle might be interesting. With the Queen of Thorns, it should hopefully counteract the awfulness of the Sand Snakes and rescue the good bits of the Dorne plot from the books. Don't think they needed to take this bizarre route and kill Doran, but it is what it is. Given Varys' words of "fire and blood", I wonder if a Dorne/Dany alliance will be a fact in the books as well.

Turned out not to be Red Wedding 2.0 but a jolly good feast altogether. Arya's coldness was thoroughly enjoyable. I think Cersei and the Mountain are the only two left on her list (Hound too I guess but I can't see that happening) so hopefully she makes her way to KL rather than head north.

Surprised to see Littlefinger actually voice his ambition. Ruler of the ashes indeed.

I was surprised how unfulfilling the Tower of Joy scene was given that we've known it for so long. I was half expecting a "his name is Jon" line from Lyanna to really spell it out to anyone who still refuses to get it. Nowy Tends.

None of the above matters though, because this is all Lyanna Mormont's show now. Boss.

Wasn't expecting a coronation of Jon at all. That'll prove a very interesting dynamic between him and Littlefinger.

Not quite sure where Qyburn's authority to enthrone Cersei comes from, what army she has to keep her there or why the people who have been exposed to everything she's done would simply accept it. A bit daft really.

Nice armada scene. About f**king time. However, how and and why the f**k was Varys back on that boat? Nice to see he has a teleporter like Arya and Littlefinger.

Very strong end to a very average season and finally a bit of pace injected.

Linkbox

Varys was on the boat as there was Tyrell and Martell flags shown in the armada. Must be ganging up with them after he spoke to Olenna. She was great as usual.

Linkbox

This guy does great videos as well. Been keeping me going all season - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O6PZx5KlIA

lurganblue

quality episode again.  a lot of the stuff you could see was coming.  The only surprising scene was Tommen's exit, and possibly Arya's appearance.  Didnt take her long to travel either.

You would have to assume that the blackfish is not dead as that's twice his death has been discussed and a death that we did not witness.  It's not like the game of thrones team to leave out a nice death scene.

Syferus

The Blackfish is definitely dead. Probably the only arc that fell flat this year.

I don't see Jon having any interest going south like Robb. His biggest threat might be Sansa, who will clearly have a decision to make to betray her big bro or understand what it means to be Stark. I'm hopeful she'll make the right choice.

Lannisters might as well be gone from the map, they're fucked. Jaime to be the one to kill the Mad Queen.

Series will end with some sort of GOT version of the Avengers, Jon, Daeny, Tyrion, Bran, maybe Brienne/Jaime dealing with the invading zombies. Ironically the White Walkers have always been by far the most generic, weakest least interesting through-line in the whole series.

nrico2006

Quote from: Syferus on June 29, 2016, 09:46:50 AM
The Blackfish is definitely dead. Propably the only arc that fell flat this year.

I don't see Jon having any interest going south like Robb. His biggest threat might be Sansa, who will clearly have a decision to make to betray her big bro or understand what it means to be Stark. I'm hopeful she'll make the right choice.

Lannisters might as well be gone from the map, they're fucked. Jaime to be the one to kill the Mad Queen.

Series will end with some sort of GOT version of the Avengers, Jon, Daeny, Tyrion, Bran, maybe Brienne/Jaime dealing with the invading zombies. Ironically the White Walkers have always been by far the most generic, weakest least interesting through-line in the whole series.

The only candidates for killing Cersei are her brothers or Arya, but I would put my money on Jaime.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

omagh_gael

Maggie the frog's prophecy stated that her three kids would die by her (Cersei's) hand and she herself would be killed by a valonquer (younger brother in High Valereyn). Jaimie was the younger twin and Cersei's actions in the last episode will lead him to be Cersei's downfall. If battle of the bastards was a 9/10 I think winds of winter has to get the full 10/10. An absolute masterpiece. The director of both episodes (Miguel Sapocnik) should be given the job for all remaining episodes!