The Official Aston Villa supporters thread

Started by Doogie Browser, October 23, 2008, 10:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

ludermor

Aston Villa defender Ciaran Clark has pledged his international future to the Republic of Ireland - to repay his mother and father for the support they have shown in him.

Clark, who played 78 minutes of last Saturday's goalless draw with Chelsea, was born in London and has captained England Under-18s.

But he has decided to commit to playing at senior level for Giovanni Trapattoni's side as an act of faith for the backing he received from his Irish-born mum and dad.

Clark told Press Association Sport: "Why have I chosen to play for Ireland? For myself and my family.

"My family have done a lot for me over the years, since I was a little boy. I owe them a lot so I've made this decision for them.

"Richard Dunne (Villa and Ireland defender) mentioned it to Ireland and they looked into it and got in contact with me and the club. They gave me time to think about it and about my decision.

"If all the paperwork has gone through by the next game, I'll be in contention so fingers crossed that happens."

Clark, regarded as one of Villa's brightest prospects, added: "I was England Under-18 captain but I didn't think I was going anywhere really with that.

"When a young lad gets an opportunity like this, it is hard to turn down."

i was reading bout this lad at the wekeend and he is very highly thought of over here, serious coup to get him to declare

lurganblue

No gabby, no heskey (thank fook) and now no carew either. It's the bare bones for villa and it's gonna be a tight month with utd and arsenal coming up. Really hope they have their sights on a nee striker in January. Any word on who is gonna get Santa cruz?

lurganblue

I'm off to villa park tomorrow for the first time in nearly 3 years. With it being an early kick off, I'm relying on flights going on time so if that snow fucks it up I won't be happy.

Is fabregas out? Would have like to have seen him play too. Think villa are well capable of a good result if they play like they did against utd but they'll more than likely play like they did against Newcastle knowing my luck.

Anyone know and good bars in Birmingham for sat night?

Doogie Browser

Quote from: lurganblue on November 26, 2010, 05:31:34 PM
I'm off to villa park tomorrow for the first time in nearly 3 years. With it being an early kick off, I'm relying on flights going on time so if that snow f**ks it up I won't be happy.

Is fabregas out? Would have like to have seen him play too. Think villa are well capable of a good result if they play like they did against utd but they'll more than likely play like they did against Newcastle knowing my luck.

Good man LB, hope the result is good!  Fabregas definitely out, Pires might get a start for Villa too!  If we play like we did against Utd (for 80mins) we will be hard to beat.
Head for Broad Street on Sat night, you can't go wrong there with a plethora of pubs and clubs (John Carew is a fan of the Rocket Club  ;)).  Some trendy bars down around the Mailbox but they would not be my cup of tae.

ross4life

Quote from: lurganblue on November 26, 2010, 05:31:34 PM
I'm off to villa park tomorrow for the first time in nearly 3 years. With it being an early kick off, I'm relying on flights going on time so if that snow f**ks it up I won't be happy.

Fabregas is out for a couple of weeks i can't imagine Arsenal playing as bad as United did v Villa?

As for bars Walkabout Inn on Regency Wharf is worth a look it's open untill 3am on sat night
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

Been to this fixture a few times in the past - lost every time, once after being 2-0 up too. Always enjoy Villa Park and their fans.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

lurganblue

Cheers lads

I see albrighton is out and gabby is a doubt too. Will be tight enough alright

lurganblue

Thanks very much for the tips lads. Broad street was a good spot alright.

Really enjoyed the game despite the result. It was my first time in the holte end and it was great that most of the goals were at that end. Arsenal put on a show at times and it was men against boys in the first half.

Anyway onwards and upwards. Good to have gab back tonight

orangeman

Hooligans from Birmingham confronted the Villa fans after the match.

Not good looking.

ross4life

Yup was looking nasty but seems to be under control now, can imagine will be a few fines after those scenes
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

orangeman

Quote from: ross4life on December 01, 2010, 09:56:46 PM
Yup was looking nasty but seems to be under control now, can imagine will be a few fines after those scenes

the city centre could be a dangerous place tonight for rival fans.

lurganblue

Yep, well out of that one alright. Only caught a bit of it but looked like they were throwing flares into the villa crowd.

lurganblue

I see itv still have Martin O'Neill as villa manager... Very good

nrico2006

Another defeat for Villa lasty night.  Things aren't looking good this year, with the way the league table looks at the minute too Villa could be relegation candidates this year.  They have went seriously backwards.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

maddog

Went down to the match last night, really enjoyed it, good atmosphere, quality was poor enough first half but improved immensely second half. That zigic thought he was Pele with some of the flicks he was trying. Left on 88mins before the nonsense started. Wouldnt imagine it will damage the prospects for the world cup as that decision is probably long made.