The Official Aston Villa supporters thread

Started by Doogie Browser, October 23, 2008, 10:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Hoof Hearted

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hoof Hearted

the greatest double act since Laurel + Hardy !
Phil has too cushy a number to go back to that.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

magpie seanie

I will miss Pinocchio's stunning insights on Sky Soccer Saturday.  ;D

Not sure about this appoinment for Villa. They'll be boring as fook now. I though part of the reason MO'N was disliked by the players was because he was too defensive?

Main Street

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 07, 2010, 02:49:18 PM
I though part of the reason MO'N was disliked by the players was because he was too defensive?
MON was disliked by the players?

magpie seanie

Quote from: Main Street on September 09, 2010, 10:13:31 AM
I though part of the reason MO'N was disliked by the players was because he was too defensive?

I'd assumed the text messages with champagne bottles when he resigned were proof of that?

Main Street

An assumption that that story is true, is not proof.

But one can reasonably assume that players who feel they should be playing week in week out but were not selected, had some cause to welcome O'Neill's resignation.

muppet

I'd say most managers are disliked by today's player.

Making them get up in the morning, banning mobile phones from the pitch, that sort of thing really upsets the modern player................
MWWSI 2017

SambaSaffron

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 09, 2010, 11:04:00 AM

I'd assumed the text messages with champagne bottles when he resigned were proof of that?
Believing what you read in the Daily Mirror?  :D

I'd say a lot of the bit part players didn't like him, as is probably the case at most clubs. And in most working environments, quite a lot of people don't like their boss!

magpie seanie

Quote from: SambaSaffron on September 09, 2010, 12:27:17 PM

I'd say a lot of the bit part players didn't like him, as is probably the case at most clubs. And in most working environments, quite a lot of people don't like their boss!

Sorry - perhaps I was wrong. However, there is not excuse for accusing me of reading the Daily Mirror!

Main Street

Villa's Stephen Ireland will always have a good word to say about his manager.

Main Street

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 09, 2010, 02:11:13 PM
Quote from: SambaSaffron on September 09, 2010, 12:27:17 PM

Sorry - perhaps I was wrong. However, there is not excuse for accusing me of reading the Daily Mirror!
There is a difference between reading the Mirror and believing what you read in the Mirror.