The Official Aston Villa supporters thread

Started by Doogie Browser, October 23, 2008, 10:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

Doogie Browser

Quote from: mrsandman on April 06, 2009, 09:58:38 AM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on April 06, 2009, 09:44:01 AM
Villa will never get a better chance to beat United at Old Trafford, it was a poor Utd side yesterday decimated by injury/suspension, I don't recall a worse united back 4, plus Van Der Sar proved again that he is not to be trusted with crosses, he flapped at everything yesterday, punched when he should have caught etc.  The first goal was a gift, terrible communication between Milner & Friedel.
We controlled the play between 15-80 minutes, Barry was giving Carrick a midfield masterclass and Agbonlahor was turning Neville inside out (Gary is finished now), big Carew gave the watching Heskey a lesson in centre forward play.  Then O'Neill shit the togs, again, I said at 2-1 we will need another goal and we were playing well enough to get it but then he does the unthinkable and brings on Hokey-Coker for Milner who was having a great game down the right, always an outlet and was holding it up well all day and drawing frees in dangerous areas.  Utd do what they do best though, kick teams in the balls when they look dead and buried.

Villa are 6 behind Arsenal now less than 4 weeks ago if we had beat Stoke at home we would have been 8 ahead! Everton are looming large a point behind us now too, so it gets worse!  Finishing 5th is not really an option anyway given the disrespect MON showed the UEFA cup this season after busting a gut to get into it in the first place  ???
Its United's league now after yesterday which is a pity but as an Irishman I detest Rafa for the way he treated Robbie Keane so not that bothered.
Looks like Barry will now leave in the summer and I can't fault him, he has been immense this season again with Petrov (didn't think I would ever say that about Stan!).  We will keep at it though!

Cant really blame o'neill, united always looked like scoring and to be fair gareth barry never really gave carrick a masterclass. Ashley Young was anonymous. Agbonlahor for all the 'turning Neville inside he did' only scored one and it was with his head.
All in all Villa are still capable of gaining fourth place.
:D - Good point, didn't think of that, he was poor then as he ONLY scored one - and with his head too, imagine that.

Norf Tyrone

That new Italian kid was s**t too, he only scored one. And Solsjkaer and Sheringham will forever be remembered as the guys that blew their big chance by only scoring once in the CL final.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

mrsandman

Quote from: Doogie Browser on April 06, 2009, 10:09:17 AM
Quote from: mrsandman on April 06, 2009, 09:58:38 AM
Villa will never get a better chance to beat United at Old Trafford, it was a poor Utd side yesterday decimated by injury/suspension, I don't recall a worse united back 4, plus Van Der Sar proved again that he is not to be trusted with crosses, he flapped at everything yesterday, punched when he should have caught etc.  The first goal was a gift, terrible communication between Milner & Friedel.
We controlled the play between 15-80 minutes, Barry was giving Carrick a midfield masterclass and Agbonlahor was turning Neville inside out (Gary is finished now), big Carew gave the watching Heskey a lesson in centre forward play.  Then O'Neill shit the togs, again, I said at 2-1 we will need another goal and we were playing well enough to get it but then he does the unthinkable and brings on Hokey-Coker for Milner who was having a great game down the right, always an outlet and was holding it up well all day and drawing frees in dangerous areas.  Utd do what they do best though, kick teams in the balls when they look dead and buried.

Villa are 6 behind Arsenal now less than 4 weeks ago if we had beat Stoke at home we would have been 8 ahead! Everton are looming large a point behind us now too, so it gets worse!  Finishing 5th is not really an option anyway given the disrespect MON showed the UEFA cup this season after busting a gut to get into it in the first place  ???
Its United's league now after yesterday which is a pity but as an Irishman I detest Rafa for the way he treated Robbie Keane so not that bothered.
Looks like Barry will now leave in the summer and I can't fault him, he has been immense this season again with Petrov (didn't think I would ever say that about Stan!).  We will keep at it though!

Cant really blame o'neill, united always looked like scoring and to be fair gareth barry never really gave carrick a masterclass. Ashley Young was anonymous. Agbonlahor for all the 'turning Neville inside he did' only scored one and it was with his head.
All in all Villa are still capable of gaining fourth place.
:D - Good point, didn't think of that, he was poor then as he ONLY scored one - and with his head too, imagine that.

I never said he was poor, just said that for all the times he skinned neville he didnt get much change. And at the minute neville would be rated as about 3rd choice right back.
Constipated People Don't Give A crap.

mrsandman

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 06, 2009, 10:40:27 AM
That new Italian kid was s**t too, he only scored one. And Solsjkaer and Sheringham will forever be remembered as the guys that blew their big chance by only scoring once in the CL final.

Again i never said he was shit...good joke but  ::)
Constipated People Don't Give A crap.

EC Unique

We controlled the play between 15-80 minutes, Barry was giving Carrick a midfield masterclass and Agbonlahor was turning Neville inside out (Gary is finished now),

Bit sore on Neville there. He has been out for a long time and is naturally no where near match sharp. If he gets a few more games under his belt he will get alot better and should not be judged on one game :-\  The only thing is will he get the games to regain his sharpness? 

On another note where will Barry end up? Is Liverpool a cert or are other clubs interested? How much would buy him?

Doogie Browser

Quote from: EC Unique on April 06, 2009, 12:10:14 PM
We controlled the play between 15-80 minutes, Barry was giving Carrick a midfield masterclass and Agbonlahor was turning Neville inside out (Gary is finished now),

Bit sore on Neville there. He has been out for a long time and is naturally no where near match sharp. If he gets a few more games under his belt he will get alot better and should not be judged on one game :-\  The only thing is will he get the games to regain his sharpness? 

On another note where will Barry end up? Is Liverpool a cert or are other clubs interested? How much would buy him?
Fair enough re Neville, he has played little in 2 years now so was bound to be rusty, maybe I am being sore on him.

Barry will still end up at Anfield but I know the Gunners were sniffing last year too, he is a wonderful player and adds great balance to a team.  Think £15m would get him, maybe less the way things are going.

lurganblue

i think we'd be lucky getting 15 million for barry if he goes in the summer considering MON would have sold him for 18 last summer.
Knowing villa, he wont be replaced...

how big is the next game vs Everton?? and they are certainly a team in form

gawa316

Quote from: lurganblue on April 06, 2009, 01:31:44 PM
i think we'd be lucky getting 15 million for barry if he goes in the summer considering MON would have sold him for 18 last summer.

Maybe I'm wrong but hasn't Barry only 1 year left on his contract? If so I'd say Villa would be very lucky to get anywhere near that when he can sign for someone in jan (although moving in summer) for free.

still rumours of him headin to Liverpool but where does he fit in? Alonso has been unbelieveable this season and Masch has been class since xmas. That would leave left midfield but he neither has enough skill or speed to be out there. He may do with a spot on the bench ;)

muppet

Quote from: gawa316 on April 06, 2009, 04:19:55 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on April 06, 2009, 01:31:44 PM

Maybe I'm wrong but hasn't Barry only 1 year left on his contract? If so I'd say Villa would be very lucky to get anywhere near that when he can sign for someone in jan (although moving in summer) for free.

still rumours of him headin to Liverpool but where does he fit in? Alonso has been unbelieveable this season and Masch has been class since xmas. That would leave left midfield but he neither has enough skill or speed to be out there. He may do with a spot on the bench ;)

Barry mightn't be Keane on that.
MWWSI 2017

Ari

Barry is quality, but is not good enough to replace any of Liverpools best midfielders (Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano would all start ahead of him), but as a Liverpool supporter, it'd be comforting to know that we have players like Barry ready to step in at any time and also to know that if a bit of rotation is required, that we have a player good enough.

Family guy

Quote from: Ari on April 06, 2009, 05:16:41 PM
Barry is quality, but is not good enough to replace any of Liverpools best midfielders (Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano would all start ahead of him), but as a Liverpool supporter, it'd be comforting to know that we have players like Barry ready to step in at any time and also to know that if a bit of rotation is required, that we have a player good enough.

On yer bike lad Barry would start easily in that liverpool midfield and rafa knows that,cant wait to see liverpool sayin what id all summer long again.Villa to kick on again a young team and hungry so big finish in store for the claret and blue

Doogie Browser

3 months since we have won a game, I had to check to see if Sammy McIlroy was managing us and not MON at one stage such has been our bad run.  Anyway tonight will not be easy either with Hull needing the points to stay up, but if we have any fight we must win this one given everton's win yesterday.   

lurganblue

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 04, 2009, 10:34:55 AM
3 months since we have won a game, I had to check to see if Sammy McIlroy was managing us and not MON at one stage such has been our bad run.  Anyway tonight will not be easy either with Hull needing the points to stay up, but if we have any fight we must win this one given everton's win yesterday.   

It's an unbelievably disapponting end to the season but hopefully its something we'll learn from and it will encourage MON and randy to do some spending in the summer!
I think villa will win tonight but it really won't be easy.

Family guy

MON has the right team to go about the result tonite,will be a fresh game and see alot of goals in it

Doogie Browser

One of our most famous fans Tom Hanks is on now with Wossy.