The Official Aston Villa supporters thread

Started by Doogie Browser, October 23, 2008, 10:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

Doogie Browser

Seven on the spin away from home, that is league winning form - best away record in the league.
Top four at least is a viable target now, I have said for a long time the importance of points on the board now with the tough run of games in March.

Next up is Chelsea at VP this day fortnight, the only time this season we didn't compete was at the bridge, so MON will have the boys well geed up for this one.  If we don't lose it it means we were unbeaten at home against the so called top four this season, which is a nice record for a small club like us  :P

charlie stubbs

another great reslut today 4 yas some price to 13/8.  when liverpool where linked withmilner in summer was bit pissed off but he def a good wide right. sure yas be delighted gabby back on the goal trail and with carew back you know have options upfront

shark

Milner was outstanding again today.  Fingers crossed Spurs do the business tommorow.  Tough run of games coming up now though, should be interesting.

Maiden1

Anyone here back Villa for the title?  I backed them at 50-1 about a month ago.  Pretty long shot but you never know.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: Maiden1 on February 09, 2009, 10:34:06 AM
Anyone here back Villa for the title?  I backed them at 50-1 about a month ago.  Pretty long shot but you never know.

you never know, but i think they could finish second. I think villa/ Martin O'Neill would just be happy to get into the champions league.

Norf Tyrone

The thing to remember or fear for us Chelsea fans is that 4th place isn't a game against some Welsh 3rd division side no more.

There are two pots, and 4th in England goes into the 3rd qualifying round v 4th in Spain or Italy or somewhere decent.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Doogie Browser

I see big Sam said on saturday that Villa are most dangerous when they don't have the ball, a new slant on things but I see his point.  We have terffic pace all over the park and thankfully solidity at the back with a great keeper for once.  Chelsea next and as Norf knows we have a decent record against them in recent years, its now a case of belief and MON has them believing they can beat anyone and why not.
Villa will have a major say in the title race with successive trips to Anfield and Old Trafford, my head is spinning here with delusions of grandeur!!  As someone famous once said of Villa, 'people look at them and ask why?  But I look at them and ask, why not?'

youbetterbelieveit

Doogie what do you think of the amount of players selected for England, a victim of our success, hopefully nobody get injured!
Luke Young, Gareth Barry, Gabby Agbonlahor, Ashley Young, James Milner, Emile Heskey

Doogie Browser

As an avowed Team England hater it annoys me as lads like Barry, Gabby & Young can only make them a better team TBH.

But on a Villa level it helps their confidence as players and any wee extra positive that can help Villa can only be a good thing, as you say I hope they don't pick up injuries as I can see them all getting a run out this week (apart from heskey who has an achiilles injury), Curtis Davies can count himself unlucky not to get a call too.

By the way, Luke Young has been tremendous all season playing out of position at left back

youbetterbelieveit

Ya Luke has really played well, you would wonder with Shorey then aswell, surprised he didnt get moved on during january or did he, cant remember?,

Any word on Bouma and Laursen returning?

Doogie Browser

Shorey seems to be one of those buys that will just not work out, O'Neill doesn't have any confidence in him it seems which means he has little chance, but we need to retain him for now.
Bouma is back in training AFAIK and in contention soon, Laursen due back mid/late March I think.

hoopster

Gr8 times 4 the claret and blue,just interested in who yous think would be a dreamn signing for villa and why???
I am a mad villa fan and would love to see drogba sign think mon could control him and he would fit in perfect!!!!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 09, 2009, 11:48:32 AM
I see big Sam said on saturday that Villa are most dangerous when they don't have the ball, a new slant on things but I see his point.  We have terffic pace all over the park and thankfully solidity at the back with a great keeper for once.  Chelsea next and as Norf knows we have a decent record against them in recent years, its now a case of belief and MON has them believing they can beat anyone and why not.
Villa will have a major say in the title race with successive trips to Anfield and Old Trafford, my head is spinning here with delusions of grandeur!!  As someone famous once said of Villa, 'people look at them and ask why?  But I look at them and ask, why not?'

Really? Sure Hiddink has never lost to Villa, nor has Deco, or Bosingwa.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Doogie Browser

Villa got rid of Mourinho, so watch out Hiddink  ;)

Hoopster, welcome aboard, but sorry lad, Drogba can stay where he is, one big powerful forward is enough for us.