The Official Aston Villa supporters thread

Started by Doogie Browser, October 23, 2008, 10:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

Doogie Browser

Best of luck to the team today as they prepare for their annual slaughter by Utd  ;)

Carmen Stateside

Someone should give Vidic a Villa jersey! he near took Agbonlahers off him there and no peno!

milltown row

behave, foul outside but he got ball inside the box, when it matters

Carmen Stateside

All the top teams finding it hard to score today! United aswell :P

deaconblue

great to see a villa tread here,im a fan of nearly 40 years , things going well lately,great owner/manager/and good bunch of players.
to break the top 4 we need a bit extra ,however this season may be our best chance,chelsea,utd,and lpool,all look likely to stay there for next few years ,man city,spurs,and arsenal are all going to be strong contenders from next year on. the right 3 signings in january might just get us there , i would suggest the likes of
doyle/owen/santa cruz, as much needed goalscorer, links with dafour (great player) is very exciting, and another interestin player is elano, out of favour at man city and unhappy there it would seem, would be great player to get in janury.

bigfrank

What a result!! Young was different class!!

bombidal

I just knew Everton would score. Didnt think we would after. I actually left the room in disgust when they equalised. Villa scoring the first min made a bit of a mess of the game. They didnt really play any decent football at all. With the midfield we have we should be able to pass the ball better. O'Neill is responsible I guess. If you see Man United defending a lead in the last minute they are just simply keeping hold of possesion by passing it about. Simple stuff. And dont go tell me they have a far better midfield. Carrick and fletcher are there best two at the moment. With 3 minutes injury time yesterday I knew everton were going to get the ball into our box about 6 times because we just kept lashing it away.

The other worry for me is playing Young at left back and Cuellar at right back. Everton did nothing only attack Cuellar the whole game.  He is a big lad and should only be played in the centre. It will only ruin his confidence. Young is a great right back and should only be played there. Shorley for me is decent enough although bouma is needed back.

Up front we obviously need to buy a striker or two. Harewood is clearly getting the boot. Doyle for me would be a great addition. Is strong in the air and well able to hold up the ball and bring others into play.

If O'Neill brings in the right 2 or 3 players in Jan we have a chance of pipping arsenal.

*** Gaaboard Fantasy Football Champion 09 ***

deaconblue

lucky 3 points, but these things tend to even out over the season, bolton and west ham are next 2 games if we can pull 6 points (wont be easy) it would put villa in great position fot the arsenal game,however our hopes of getting 4th will depend on who we buy in january,we have a chance but at this stage arsenal have the edge over us.

StGallsGAA

Unbelievable game for the neutral.  Worth the months sky subscription alone.

bombidal

*** Gaaboard Fantasy Football Champion 09 ***

Norf Tyrone

The kick off time for Chelsea's Premier League clash with Aston Villa on Saturday 21 February has been changed to 12.45pm.

The earlier start to the original 3pm kick off has been implemented to accommodate full, live coverage on Sky Sports.

There's a possibility the game could be moved to Sunday 22 February if Villa are playing in the Uefa Cup on Thursday 19 February.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Doogie Browser

Topsy turvy week for the Villa, from poor show against Fulham last week,  then UEFA cup game on Thurs night which highlighted we do not have a big enough squad to rest players (2/3 players please in Jan Martin), young Delfouneso's performance was very encouraging though.
Everton game was a thriller, both teams went hell for leather and it was as good a game as I have seen in a long time, Young was immense and Laursen was great at the back. 
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 09, 2008, 04:11:58 PM
There's a possibility the game could be moved to Sunday 22 February if Villa are playing in the Uefa Cup on Thursday 19 February.

It WILL be on the Sunday then  ;)

Doogie Browser

Great result yesterday against a Bolton team who were on a decent run, Megson suffers the Manager of the Month curse yet again!  Results over the weekend could not have went better Villa being the only one of the 'Big Five' to win (we need a new buzz phrase!)
Villa seem to be playing the most attractive football of anyone at the moment, the pace of Young and Agbonlahor is causing teams so many problems.  Massive incentive this weekend if we beat West Ham we go third, though they will be buoyed by todays result at the Bridge.  Think Villa should try and get Michael Owen in January, his guile in front of goal would be a terrific addition to our team, though his massive wages could be a stumbling block. 

Another weekend when none of the traditional big four failed to win and the big Two in Scotland didn't so favourite backers would have lost a few quid.  It really is a great race this year and a lot more interesting, just hope Villa can sustain a season long challenge.

Inside Sport tomorrow night are doing a feature on Martin O'Neill and John Robertson - one of the greatest though under-rated wingers of all time and our Assistant Manager.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Doogie Browser on December 14, 2008, 10:31:25 PM
Great result yesterday against a Bolton team who were on a decent run, Megson suffers the Manager of the Month curse yet again!  Results over the weekend could not have went better Villa being the only one of the 'Big Five' to win (we need a new buzz phrase!)
Villa seem to be playing the most attractive football of anyone at the moment, the pace of Young and Agbonlahor is causing teams so many problems.  Massive incentive this weekend if we beat West Ham we go third, though they will be buoyed by todays result at the Bridge.  Think Villa should try and get Michael Owen in January, his guile in front of goal would be a terrific addition to our team, though his massive wages could be a stumbling block. 

Another weekend when none of the traditional big four failed to win and the big Two in Scotland didn't so favourite backers would have lost a few quid.  It really is a great race this year and a lot more interesting, just hope Villa can sustain a season long challenge.

Inside Sport tomorrow night are doing a feature on Martin O'Neill and John Robertson - one of the greatest though under-rated wingers of all time and our Assistant Manager.

as a forest fan i will be watching this and have adopted villa as my prem team !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012