The Official Aston Villa supporters thread

Started by Doogie Browser, October 23, 2008, 10:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

Declan

that's sad news alright - hope he can recover

ziggy90

Alex McCleish was just finishing the shopping at his local Sainsbury's. As he was putting the bags into his, car he spootted an old lady, struggling with her bags. "Can you manage, love?" he asks. She replies, "fcuk off, you took the job, you're stuck with it." :D
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

lurganblue

Hopefully only for about a week more or so

ziggy90

Is he not already talking about next seasons signings. :D Special Agent Alex has to be allowed to successfully conclude his mission. ;)
S O T V.

lurganblue

Can't be given another year after that shambles of a season.

Thankfully Heskey has said he will be leaving at the end of season.

ziggy90

orangeman

Once a Birmingham blue, always a blue. Fans never took to him. His record wasn't good enough and on he goes.

Aston Villa have sacked manager Alex McLeish after 11 months in charge.

The 53-year-old former Scotland manager said his farewells to the club's staff on Monday morning.

Villa have endured a poor Premier League campaign, finishing just above the relegation zone after winning only four of 19 games at home.

McLeish was an unpopular appointment as he arrived from Birmingham City last year but poor results and performances worsened his relationship with fans.

A club statement read:  "Aston Villa can confirm that Alex McLeish's contract has been terminated with immediate effect. The club has been disappointed with this season's results, performances and the general message these have sent to our fans.

"The board wishes to assure supporters that we are conscious in every sense that Villa expects and deserves more and we will strive to deliver this."
Villa chairman Randy Lerner said: "We need to be clear and candid with ourselves and with supporters about what we have lacked in recent years.

Denn Forever

Bet Randy wishes he'd held on to Martin.

What was the cause for their fall out?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ziggy90

Quote from: orangeman on May 14, 2012, 03:58:15 PM
Once a Birmingham blue, always a blue. Fans never took to him. His record wasn't good enough and on he goes.

Aston Villa have sacked manager Alex McLeish after 11 months in charge.

The 53-year-old former Scotland manager said his farewells to the club's staff on Monday morning.

Villa have endured a poor Premier League campaign, finishing just above the relegation zone after winning only four of 19 games at home.

McLeish was an unpopular appointment as he arrived from Birmingham City last year but poor results and performances worsened his relationship with fans.

A club statement read:  "Aston Villa can confirm that Alex McLeish's contract has been terminated with immediate effect. The club has been disappointed with this season's results, performances and the general message these have sent to our fans.

"The board wishes to assure supporters that we are conscious in every sense that Villa expects and deserves more and we will strive to deliver this."
Villa chairman Randy Lerner said: "We need to be clear and candid with ourselves and with supporters about what we have lacked in recent years.

Special Agent Alex did his best but it was not to be!! The Vile finished with less points than the Blues had last season (When they were relegated).

lurganblue

Yeeeesssss!! I can now look forward to next season in the hope of seeing some positive football

Minder

Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer to be the new Villa manager.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

lurganblue

Quote from: Minder on May 17, 2012, 10:20:18 PM

I'm coming round to this appointment if it happens. I hope he can do well. Needs money to spend on transfers though

laoislad

Quote from: lurganblue on May 18, 2012, 07:48:38 AM
Quote from: Minder on May 17, 2012, 10:20:18 PM

I'm coming round to this appointment if it happens. I hope he can do well. Needs money to spend on transfers though

The Baby-faced Assassin Tactician...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ziggy90

I see it's been reported (BBC Midlands) that Paul Lambert has resigned from Norwich City and is the new favourite for the Vile hot seat. If this is true I fail to see the logic  behind it. He seems to be a professional (and successful) in the way he goes about his work, something that is alien to the ethos of the (shite) club he 'aspires' to manage. While it grieves me to see a manager of his (seemingly good) calibre going to the midden that is Vile Park, I am sure those Dung Eaters will soon drag him down to their level.