Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Probably until the second day of primary school
The contrast with having a gay child is interesting. No such parent would go to the newspapers.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Gabriel_Hurl

Armagh18

Cavan19

QuoteMurphy says if Juniper decides at the age of three that they are a boy "then we'll say he and we'll just say, 'oh yeah cool, you're a boy, excellent. And you're free to change your opinion and you're free to change your gender identity in the future if you want. We'll respect that and we'll change the pronouns that we use. If you say you're a boy, then great you're a boy. Or if you say you're a girl, then great you're a girl.' But we don't want to make that choice for Juniper. That's for Juniper to discover their own gender identity as opposed to us to assume based on their sex."

This is parenting in 2023  :-\

JoG2

laoislad

Quote from: Cavan19 on March 14, 2023, 01:04:30 PM
QuoteMurphy says if Juniper decides at the age of three that they are a boy "then we'll say he and we'll just say, 'oh yeah cool, you're a boy, excellent. And you're free to change your opinion and you're free to change your gender identity in the future if you want. We'll respect that and we'll change the pronouns that we use. If you say you're a boy, then great you're a boy. Or if you say you're a girl, then great you're a girl.' But we don't want to make that choice for Juniper. That's for Juniper to discover their own gender identity as opposed to us to assume based on their sex."

It's hilarious how calling the baby (or should I say "it") Juniper is the least WTF part!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Armagh18

Look-Up!

Quote from: laoislad on March 15, 2023, 09:55:34 AM
Quote from: Cavan19 on March 14, 2023, 01:04:30 PM

It's hilarious how calling the baby (or should I say "it") Juniper is the least WTF part!
Be pretty ironic if he hits the gin later in life because of it.

seafoid

The chances of any child rejecting its sex are pretty low. It seems to be an extreme stance for a low risk outcome but with a high probability of later bullying.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 15, 2023, 10:51:47 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on March 15, 2023, 10:14:50 AM
Quote from: seafoid on March 14, 2023, 11:55:11 AM
I wonder how long this will last

https://www.irishtimes.com/health/your-family/2023/03/14/paul-murphy-we-dont-want-to-limit-them-by-saying-youre-a-boy-or-youre-a-girl-let-them-decide/

Conscious of "respecting Junipers privacy"

Gives a newspaper interview.

Aye.
As mad as Enoch Burke is, theres equally as crazy f**kers on the opposite side of the spectrum

Not really. My mam refused to buy me a toy gun on those grounds and was a long way from a SJW.

johnnycool

Quote from: seafoid on March 15, 2023, 12:07:15 PM
The chances of any child rejecting its sex are pretty low. It seems to be an extreme stance for a low risk outcome but with a high probability of later bullying.

Why might that be the case?