The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 07, 2023, 09:13:11 PM
Fecking hope kills ye....

If they don't beat Wolves next Saturday I'll start to believe.

Capt Pat

I wasn't expecting United to lose at West Ham. Newcastle also lost. Brighton are still ahead of Liverpool if they win their games in hand.

I still expect Liverpool to come up just short but I am not as sure as I was yesterday.

Hound

Quote from: Hound on May 05, 2023, 08:40:12 AM
United only need 9 points from 6 games to guarantee CL. And they'll only need that many if Liverpool win all their remaining games, which won't happen (nor will Brighton win all theirs), so highly unlikely United won't make it.

Actually 9 points from 5 games now, but still
9 from 4 now.

Wish we were playing good enough that they actually need 9. But they'll probably make it with less.

RedHand88

Quote from: Hound on May 07, 2023, 09:21:11 PM
United only need 9 points from 6 games to guarantee CL. And they'll only need that many if Liverpool win all their remaining games, which won't happen (nor will Brighton win all theirs), so highly unlikely United won't make it.

9 from 4 now.

Wish we were playing good enough that they actually need 9. But they'll probably make it with less.

Whos taking points off Liverpool?

16th place Leicester?
Villa at Anfield?
Southampton who will be relegated by this stage?

United will likely need to win 3 out of the last 4 to get champions league football.

quit yo jibbajabba

Fcukin Uniteds makin me look at league tables again

Hound

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 08, 2023, 01:01:57 AM

9 from 4 now.

16th place Leicester?
Villa at Anfield?

United will likely need to win 3 out of the last 4 to get champions league football.
Well we struggled to just beat Fulham and Brentford, both of whom had nothing to play for. Leicester will be fighting for their lives. Villa have an outside chance of Europe. If we play to the same level as those two game, no way we'll get 6 points from the next two games.

laoislad

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 08, 2023, 01:01:57 AM

9 from 4 now.

16th place Leicester?
Villa at Anfield?

I could see us dropping points in any of those games!
4th is still a long shot, unfortunately we are running out of games. Maybe if there was 6 or 7 games left but we've left it too late imo.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

dec

Hoof Hearted

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Gabriel_Hurl

quit yo jibbajabba

seafoid

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/65430663
Liverpool fan here I hope we lose tonight against Leicester as much as I want to win and get into the top four but seeing Everton go into the bottom three after Leicester beat us and hopefully get relegated would be a dream come true.

Ron, Ellesmere Port
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Ghost

Top 4 going to go all the way to the wire it seems. Expecting Liverpool to gain maximum points from here on in. Hoping Man Utd can get the 2 wins needed but nothing guaranteed with that group of players. Newcastle dragged back into it also. Their next game with Brighton a big one.

Hoof Hearted

They've been singing Firminos song for nearly all second half
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012