County Grounds You Have Been To.

Started by Trevor Hill, June 06, 2009, 11:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Hill

Myself and a few friends were talking recently about all the different grounds we had visited and which was our favourite. Of all the county grounds in Ireland the only one I think I havent been to is Nolan Park in Kilkenny, though there may be a few others. Has anyone actually been to all 32 grounds?
My favourite ground is Breffni Park and my least favourite is Pearse Park.

SLIGONIAN

I love Markievicz park, I just love the way its developed now and its got a cracking atmosphere, mighting be the biggest but its got great character. I hear there are further plans, regarding a suite for journos and corporate etc..

My favourite ground outside Sligo would be Portloaise of the regional ones, nothing compares to Croke Park. Worst was Aughrim by a mile but we got a good result that day :).

Was in Pearse Park the last day against Antrim and thought they did a fine job with it. Breffni Ive been to a few times and I like it, when full would carry some atmosphere.

I would love to go to Thurles, Killarney, Pairc ui Choaimh, and yes Clones. Never been to any of them as Sligo dont play there too often. Tipp the feckers brought us to ardfinnan extra 40mins after thurles, kerry to tralee but took a bit off the journey, cork cant remember playing them in the nfl. Played monaghan in scotstown...id probably have to go as a nuetral to get to these grounds and that would no bad thing.

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

INDIANA

nowlan park is one of my favourites. Love parnell park as well. Can't beat the cut and thrust of Semple Stadium either.

Pairc Ui Chaoimh is my least favourite - a complete dump. 
I Like Casement as well since they did it up.  Its a bit Like Nowlan Park -fabulous surface.

Trevor Hill

Sligonian are you for real,  Markievicz park ??? We have terrible memories of the place  :D
Should have added to the original post that you cant have your own ground as a favourite, otherwise we`ll have a lot of posts telling us how great Omagh and the Athletic Grounds are.

Gnevin

Quote from: Trevor Hill on June 06, 2009, 11:46:28 PM
Myself and a few friends were talking recently about all the different grounds we had visited and which was our favourite. Of all the county grounds in Ireland the only one I think I havent been to is Nolan Park in Kilkenny, though there may be a few others. Has anyone actually been to all 32 grounds?

What do you consider the country ground in Cork?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Trevor Hill

Páirc Uí Chaoimh, but I am sure you know better.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Trevor Hill on June 07, 2009, 12:06:56 PM
Sligonian are you for real,  Markievicz park ??? We have terrible memories of the place  :D
Should have added to the original post that you cant have your own ground as a favourite, otherwise we`ll have a lot of posts telling us how great Omagh and the Athletic Grounds are.

Good one :D, I know man, I couldnt resist my pride in the park but i did say my favourite outside ;)....what county are you from?

downgirl

Quote from: Gnevin on June 07, 2009, 12:51:41 PM

What do you consider the country ground in Cork?

I would agree with Trevor Hill, IMO it would be Páirc Uí Caoimh over Páirc Uí Rinn, it has a lot higher capacity, something like 40,000??  Also its more in the city than Páirc Uí Rinn which is out Blackrock/Mahon direction, and Páirc Uí Caoimh is closer to the banks of the Lee!!!  :D

BallyhaiseMan

havent been to the following county grounds

Limerick
Clare
Kerry
Wicklow
Galway
Carlow
Kilkenny

Trevor Hill

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on June 07, 2009, 01:39:40 PM
what county are you from?

Down, we have very bad memories of your ground.

SLIGONIAN

5 Sams

Excellent venue.
The Aristocrat Years

Over the Bar

Armagh's Athletic Gounds has to get a special mention for the broken glass, beer cans etc that always littered the ground BEFORE the crowd even arrived!

Trevor Hill

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 07, 2009, 08:30:03 PM
Armagh's Athletic Gounds has to get a special mention for the broken glass, beer cans etc that always littered the ground BEFORE the crowd even arrived!

Have things not improved since the ground was redeveloped?
As a Down man I have good memories of the Athletic grounds, going there as All Ireland champions in 92 was nice, its been a happy ground for us.

mackers

Quote from: Trevor Hill on June 07, 2009, 09:10:50 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on June 07, 2009, 08:30:03 PM

Have things not improved since the ground was redeveloped?
As a Down man I have good memories of the Athletic grounds, going there as All Ireland champions in 92 was nice, its been a happy ground for us.
Ignore OTB, everybody else does.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.