Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Orior

For a while, everyone was querying Celtic's lack of activity during the transfer windows.

Turns out they made pretty good choices.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

illdecide

Yip, some result alright. I know i had a we dig earlier about NL as majority of the people on here didnt want him and said he wasnt up to it but he's doing good so far. There have been a few silly results this season but generally its been good. Two big games v Sevco coming up next month that will tell the tale but we'll enjoy tonights result and worry about them come the time.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Angelo

Quote from: Orior on November 07, 2019, 11:17:30 PM
For a while, everyone was querying Celtic's lack of activity during the transfer windows.

We did but it's important we don't rest on our laurels now.

The huns are still right behind us at the minute and I think we need to cognisant of the fact that Elyonoussi will be out of our price range next season given his pedigree and form and there's a very good chance that Edouard will be looking to make the step up. We need to have our plans made early and help some of these players bed in, not just have Lawwell and the board of directors opening bottles of champagne and giving each other a slap on the back about more profits.

Part of the problem was we should have a lot of our business conducted much earlier this season. We played the first couple of qualifying rounds without a right back in the squad.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

JimStynes

Whatever happens in Europe won't matter if the 9 in a row and 10 in a row slips away. Rangers aren't as bad as people are saying and they're matching Celtic every step this year. Hopefully they sell morales as he's a goal machine and keeping his cool for a change. NL has been great so far though, would love to see him do well.

TabClear

Quote from: Main Street on November 07, 2019, 07:59:37 PM
Celtic pressed hard in the 2nd half and went looking for a winner, well deserved in the end even if the chance was served on a platter,  Lazio are afflicted with astonishing defence lapses.
Ntcham's strike was sublime, not many could have struck it so well from that angle.

I see Cluj are proving to be a competitive team at this level.

To be fair he only needed such a good finish because of a poor first touch took him wider than he needed to!  :) Great result, some dogged defending and always looked a threat on the break. Great to be qualified with 2 games to spare.

tonto1888

Quote from: illdecide on November 07, 2019, 11:48:39 PM
Yip, some result alright. I know i had a we dig earlier about NL as majority of the people on here didnt want him and said he wasnt up to it but he's doing good so far. There have been a few silly results this season but generally its been good. Two big games v Sevco coming up next month that will tell the tale but we'll enjoy tonights result and worry about them come the time.

Tonight, as with a fortnight ago, was fantastic. I was one of those people who wasn't sure about his appointment. I can hold my hands up to that. Results like tonight go a long way to reassuring me. However, those silly results that you mentioned need to stop. Let's see where we are at the end of December. Regardless, he has my full support

illdecide

Quote from: tonto1888 on November 08, 2019, 08:34:32 AM

Tonight, as with a fortnight ago, was fantastic. I was one of those people who wasn't sure about his appointment. I can hold my hands up to that. Results like tonight go a long way to reassuring me. However, those silly results that you mentioned need to stop. Let's see where we are at the end of December. Regardless, he has my full support

Fair play Tonto, at least you put your hands up. I got accused of being biased about NL because i know him but to be 100% fair he's so intelligent and is a great motivator  and Celtic man. What amazes me more than anything is why some mid table to lower end Premiership teams would not come in for him, he's proved himself time and again and i did say on here ages ago (couldn't be bothered looking for it) that no NL teams will get beat 7 and score lines like that the way we did under BR and BR did amazing job too just really under performed in Europe under BR.

All that aside Sevco have improved under slippy G there is no doubt on that and we need to be on top of our game for if we slip up they'll take full advantage of it, I had this chat with a former work colleague last night when i said if we beat them in the cup and league game in December slippy G will move on in Jan and potentially Morelos will prob go too...

marty34

Quote from: Angelo on November 08, 2019, 12:37:23 AM
Quote from: Orior on November 07, 2019, 11:17:30 PM

We did but it's important we don't rest on our laurels now.

The huns are still right behind us at the minute and I think we need to cognisant of the fact that Elyonoussi will be out of our price range next season given his pedigree and form and there's a very good chance that Edouard will be looking to make the step up. We need to have our plans made early and help some of these players bed in, not just have Lawwell and the board of directors opening bottles of champagne and giving each other a slap on the back about more profits.

Part of the problem was we should have a lot of our business conducted much earlier this season. We played the first couple of qualifying rounds without a right back in the squad.

Or no defender on the bench!

Main Street

Quote from: illdecide on November 08, 2019, 09:28:33 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on November 08, 2019, 08:34:32 AM

Fair play Tonto, at least you put your hands up. I got accused of being biased about NL because i know him but to be 100% fair he's so intelligent and is a great motivator  and Celtic man. What amazes me more than anything is why some mid table to lower end Premiership teams would not come in for him, he's proved himself time and again and i did say on here ages ago (couldn't be bothered looking for it) that no NL teams will get beat 7 and score lines like that the way we did under BR and BR did amazing job too just really under performed in Europe under BR.

All that aside Sevco have improved under slippy G there is no doubt on that and we need to be on top of our game for if we slip up they'll take full advantage of it, I had this chat with a former work colleague last night when i said if we beat them in the cup and league game in December slippy G will move on in Jan and potentially Morelos will prob go too...
Lennon has done well but so far, but in Europe he has only recovered the lost ground from losing to Cluj at home. He has redeemed himself from that sorry situation. 

MoChara

Cluj have shown themselves to be a good side though, we under-estimated them to our own destruction in the qualifiers, Lenny was only then getting to start playing his own brand of football so there would always have been teething problems.

illdecide

Another win today...second half performance was a bit below par but 3pts in the bag and move onto the next one. Actually watched the last 30 mins of Sevco game and how the f**k that Livingston team beat us is unbelievable, they were so bad today. Couldn't string two passes together.

Main Street

I wouldn't read anything into the performance v Motherwell, it's the morning after the lord mayor's ball.

dec

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50520618

Celtic and Lazio fined for fans' banner and chants

Celtic have been fined £12,900 after fans displayed an "illicit banner" and sang obscene chants during their Europa League game at home to Lazio. The Italian club have also been fined £8,600 by European governing body Uefa for "illicit chants" during the 24 October meeting.

One banner from the home supporters depicted former Italian leader Benito Mussolini hanging upside down. Another displayed swearing in Italian.

It is the 19th time Celtic have been punished since 2007 and their third charge this season. The Scottish champions were fined £10,400 by Uefa for fans setting off flares in the Europa League win over Cluj and paid an £11,000 fine for their supporters using flares and throwing objects in the play-off second-leg win over AIK in Stockholm in August...

Main Street

Some banners are worth their admission price but firing flares is lunacy.

illdecide

Glad to see Griff back in contention, 11 games in Dec so we're gonna need full squad to the max. Didn't realise until i read BBC earlier we haven't beat Livingston nor scored a goal against them in 3 games...WTF. Hopefully a good performance and a 3-0 will put that to bed tomorrow...COYBIG