The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

supersarsfields

Not me GAWA. I see they have a rally on now on the 4th july.

This is from their website.

Our Independence Day - Sunday 4th July 12 noon
Friday 25th June 2010

The Spirit Of Shankly is holding an Independence Day Rally on Sunday 4th July at 12 noon on St George's Hall Plateau, to talk about plans for our independence from the American ownership of Tom Hicks and George Gillett. As fans grow increasingly angry at their lies and false promises, and the Club continues to lurch along, we will be talking about how we plan to ensure the Club's future.

The line up for the rally includes addresses by, Karen Gill - Bill Shankly's granddaughter  and Spirit Of Shankly patron, John Aldridge - Liverpool legend and Share Liverpool board member, Steve Rotheram - MP for Walton and former Lord Mayor of Liverpool, Neil Fitzmaurice - Actor and star of One Night in Istanbul, John Bishop - Comedian and Spirit Of Shankly representatives who will issue our Declaration of Independence. There will be live music from Ian McNabb (Icicle Works), John Power (Cast and The La's), Peter Hooton (The Farm), John O'Connell (Groundpig), Pete Wylie (The Wah!) and the Sons of Anfield.

The day is for everyone, of all generations, to come together and hear how we can protect our Club and its future. We will be talking about Supporter Ownership and how our plans for a Credit Union fit with these objectives. Ongoing discussions with Partner's Credit Union will seek to formalise a relationship allowing all members and fans, a protected, affordable way of saving and safeguarding their money, which can then be used to buy a share in any future takeover/share purchase plan. We are continuing discussions with Share Liverpool about how the two organisations can work together to truly ensure a united voice, speaking out on behalf of Liverpool supporters.

This is OUR club. This is OUR chance to make our feelings known. This is OUR Independence Day.  Make yourself heard and be there. Help save and protect our heritage, our history, our traditions and most of all our football club.

We can be 'true custodians'. For now and for future generations. It is OUR club - Not theirs!

Also I just got an email about a story about Gerrard that they reckon is going to break in the news shortly. I'm wondering if there is anything in this or is it being mixed up with the "alledged story" that's meant to be coming out about Rooney.

gawa316

It's official

Liverpool appoint Hodgson
1st Jul 2010 - Latest News
0 Comments Email Print Share With
Mixx  Digg  Facebook  del.icio.us  reddit  StumbleUpon  3398 Twitter  Myspace News Archive
Roy Hodgson has been appointed the new manager of Liverpool FC.

The 62-year-old former Fulham, Inter Milan and Switzerland manager has agreed terms with the club on a three-year contract and becomes the 18th manager in our history.

He will be unveiled to the world's media this afternoon after overseeing the first day of pre-season training at Melwood.

Hodgson joins us from Fulham, where he guided the Cottagers to the Europa League final in May and was voted Manager of the Year by the League Managers' Association.

He exclusively told Liverpoolfc.tv: "This is the biggest job in club football and I'm honoured to be taking on the role of manager of Britain's most successful football club. I look forward to meeting the players and the supporters and getting down to work at Melwood."

Wouldn't have been my first choice but wish him all the luck, as I reckon he'll need it

Bensars

If true SS, Liverpool would be better to offload Gerard as he will become the scapegoat for Englands poor performance in the world cup. With the potential media attention possibly having  a greater effect on performances.

EC Unique

AZOffaly

Very underwhelming alright. I had heard a 2 year contract. That screams 'interim' appointment to me. I'd imagine if the club is sold, and investment comes in, Roy will be jettisoned for a bigger name.

Roy's remit is to keep Liverpool in the Premier League until then I reckon :)

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Bensars on July 01, 2010, 09:48:05 AM
If true SS, Liverpool would be better to offload Gerard as he will become the scapegoat for Englands poor performance in the world cup. With the potential media attention possibly having  a greater effect on performances.
actually thought gerarrad was englands best player at the world cup, admitedly , the best of a bad bunch, but was decent in a couple of the games
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Geoff Tipps

QuoteI had heard a 2 year contract. That screams 'interim' appointment to me.

After they've had to pay their way out of a 5 year contract for Rafa after a year I would have thought a short contract was the obvious thing to do.

supersarsfields

Does it say how much he's on anywere? I'd imagine with it being only a two year contract and him after getting MOTY he'll not be cheap.

To be honest I'm happy enough. Sure it could have been better but Liverpool are at a transitional period and I suppose we have to be realistic. I reckon he'll be able to steady the ship and get the best out of some of the players.

Also am I wrong but was Fulham interested in Babel at one stage? Wonder does that mean he'll stay put for another year to see how things go under Hod.

quit yo jibbajabba

what are these rumours regarding gerrad/rooney btw?

I'll take an oul pm if no one wants to state it publicly;

not for me you understand, but my nosey cousin;

and if kirk mccambleys involved all the better ;D

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 01, 2010, 10:34:16 AM
Very underwhelming alright. I had heard a 2 year contract. That screams 'interim' appointment to me. I'd imagine if the club is sold, and investment comes in, Roy will be jettisoned for a bigger name.

Roy's remit is to keep Liverpool in the Premier League until then I reckon :)

Yeah only a 2 year contract says to me that they want Hodgson to steady the ship on limited funds but if the club is sold within the next 6 months to a year it won't cost too much to jettison him for the preferred choice of the new owners.

Can't blame Hodgson for taking the job though even allowing for the current circumstances. If you're offered the Liverpool job you take it. Hope he does well.

Bit of good news for him in that Milan Jovanovic confirmed he's still coming to the club even after Rafa's departure. Looked a good player at the WC.

QuoteSerbia striker Milan Jovanovic looks set to follow Roy Hodgson over the Anfield threshold despite previously throwing the move into doubt following the departure of former Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez.

The 29-year-old, who scored his country's winning goal in their 1-0 success over Germany at the World Cup, agreed a pre-contract with the Reds in February when Benitez was still in charge at the club.

The Spaniard's recent appointment at Inter Milan led to suggestions that he might attempt to hijack the striker's switch to England and take him to the San Siro - a move the Serb seemed keen on. Jovanovic, though, insists he is on course to complete his transfer to Liverpool and is raring to link up with his new team-mates once his work permit is approved.

"I am going to Liverpool," Jovanovic told Nieuwsblad. "I have signed there for three years. A real contract.

"The departure of Benitez changes nothing. I have maintained contact with the executive board of Liverpool and everything is good.

"I am working to arrange my visa for England. Next week I go there to collect my work permit. "Everything is in order since in the last two years I have played 75 per cent of the matches for my national side. Next I am looking for a house.

"On the 14th or 15th July I will join the squad for a training camp in Switzerland. But, as from Thursday, I want to start my individual training programme so I can show them immediately that I am worth a place in the side."

thebigfella

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 01, 2010, 12:27:37 PM
what are these rumours regarding gerrad/rooney btw?

I'll take an oul pm if no one wants to state it publicly;

not for me you understand, but my nosey cousin;

and if kirk mccambleys involved all the better ;D

The Gerard one is that he's supposed to have been ridding Ronnie Whelan's 16 year old daughter and stuffed her. No need for an oul PM, just do a google for it and you'll come accross it ;)

magpie seanie

So getting rid of Rafa Benitez (ok I didn't rate him but he has won a few things) and 8 million quid gets Roy Hodgson. No wonder Liverpool are up to their eyes in debt.

J OGorman

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 01, 2010, 02:00:52 PM
So getting rid of Rafa Benitez (ok I didn't rate him but he has won a few things) and 8 million quid gets Roy Hodgson. No wonder Liverpool are up to their eyes in debt.

what would your masterplan have been?